Here’s the reason people tell me they want to buy an AR-15. And it’s simply ludicrous

The Uzi is a fully automatic weapon the AR 15 is a commonplace semiautomatic rifle and semiautomatic rifles have been legal for civilian use since their inception over 100 years ago
The Uzi is also available in semi auto. It was designed for military use. The AR15 is not common place semi auto rifle. The .223 caliber cartridges and AR15 were specifically designEd as a MILITARY, full auto, low recoil round for the original AR15 which WAS full auto. Only after Colt bought the rights did the AR15 full auto get renamed as an m16, and the AR15 was then shifted into the semi auto version only.

Those in the military who trained with the AR15
/M16 trained 99% of the time with select fire on semi auto.
On semi auto, it is still a military firearm.

The Uzi is also available in semi auto. It was designed for military use. The AR15 is not common place semi auto rifle. The .223 caliber cartridges and AR15 were specifically designEd as a MILITARY, full auto, low recoil round for the original AR15 which WAS full auto. Only after Colt bought the rights did the AR15 full auto get renamed as an m16, and the AR15 was then shifted into the semi auto version only.

Those in the military who trained with the AR15
/M16 trained 99% of the time with select fire on semi auto.
On semi auto, it is still a military firearm.

The 7.62 and 6.6 mm rounds were also used by the military but you don't seen to care about those more powerful rounds

The term military firearm is pretty meaningless since almost every firearm that ever existed was at one time used by some military organization.

Usually at least for people who know anything about firearms a military rifle is considered to be a rifle capable of both semiauto AND full auto fire the round used is irrelevant

FYI Idiot I didn't vote for Trump but since you are an intellectual midget you cannot think in more than 2 dimensions.
You're FOS, you defend the lying, moron, bet you didn't vote for Bush either............LOL.
And again Granted CITIZENSHIP by recognizing that Indians were BORN in the US. Citizenship is not necessary for any other right except the right to vote.
WTF?
Doubling down on stupid?
American Indians have the same rights as any citizen in the US.

You're FOS, you defend the lying, moron, bet you didn't vote for Bush either............LOL.

WTF?
Doubling down on stupid?
OK quote ANY post of mine where I defended Trump

When you can't do that will you have the integrity to admit you are a LYING SACK OF SHIT?

I doubt it

WTF?
Doubling down on stupid?
when you can't dazzle them with brilliance...

The 7.62 and 6.6 mm rounds were also used by the military but you don't seen to care about those more powerful rounds

The term military firearm is pretty meaningless since almost every firearm that ever existed was at one time used by some military organization.

Usually at least for people who know anything about firearms a military rifle is considered to be a rifle capable of both semiauto AND full auto fire the round used is irrelevant
Wrong about that…..The vast majority if designed use for ALL military rifles, including the modern versions, are first and foremost designed to be used as semi auto firearms.
You need to have served to understand that.

You don’t know your firearm history. The .223 and even 9 mm decades ago, we’re specifically designed for military weapons. They each have the same protocol of minimum recoil, maximum fire power with sufficient energy to kill PEOPLE. That each can be used to hunt with is only a less apt secondary use. There are a plethora of better rounds in a rifles then .223 for hunting like better rounds for hunting with a handgun then 9 mm.

OK quote ANY post of mine where I defended Trump

When you can't do that will you have the integrity to admit you are a LYING SACK OF SHIT?

I doubt it
That's all any of them are. I doubt they are Americans.

Wrong about that…..The vast majority if designed use for ALL military rifles, including the modern versions, are first and foremost designed to be used as semi auto firearms.

You don’t know your firearm history. The .223 and even 9 mm decades ago, we’re specifically designed for military weapons. They each have the same protocol of minimum recoil, maximum fire power with sufficient energy to kill PEOPLE. That each can be used to hunt with is only a less apt secondary use. There are a plethora of better rounds in a rifles then .223 for hunting like better rounds for hunting with a handgun then 9 mm.
Why are you promoting violence?

It doesn't fucking matter. The 5.56 round is nothing but an old .222 with more gunpowder in the shell

The US used both the 7.62 AND the 6.8 mm rounds at one time.

They decided to go with a LESS POWERFUL round and sacrificed power for the ability of soldiers to carry more ammo.

And IDGAF if a 223 isn't a good deer hunting round. It is a perfectly good round varmints and small game AND is good enough for home defense

I have a mini 14 that is chambered for .223 rounds but you don't want to ban that even though it is functionally no different than an AR 15.

I have rifles chambered for both 7.62 and 6.8 mm n but you don't care about those rounds even though they are more powerful and have both been used by the military.

In fact the 5.56 round looks like it's going to be replaced by the military most likely with either the 7.62 or 6.8

Why are you promoting violence?
I’m promoting accurate information that you don’t seem to have. The military non supportive role is to serve the country in a role that absolutely no other “ occupation” does. It necessarily involves taking persons lives as a primary focus and breaking things. Geesus, I hope even everyday citizens or even the police, even in self defense don’t look at firearms the same way.

The AR15 and hi cap 9mm firearms all should be MORE highly regulated then they are.

I’m promoting accurate information that you don’t seem to have. The military non supportive role is to serve the country in a role that absolutely no other “ occupation” does. It necessarily involves taking persons lives as a primary focus and breaking things. Geesus, I hope even everyday citizens or even the police, even in self defense don’t look at firearms the same way.

The AR15 and hi cap 9mm firearms all should be MORE highly regulated then they are.
Why don't you gun banners ever talk about all the other guns that do the same thing an AR-15 can do? Cat got your tongue about them? Or more likely one of them will be on your next one to ban list.

doesn't fucking matter. The 5.56 round is nothing but an old .222 with more gunpowder in the shell
Geesus, then IT ISN'T THE SAME ROUND. Really, you sound less educated. You aren’t one of these people who thinks just because a slug has the same diameter, the entire family of rounds are the same ?
The .222 is not a primary semi auto round.
The .223 is specifically designed to cycle a military semi auto/ auto rifle. A .222 is not.

Geesus, then IT ISN'T THE SAME ROUND. Really, you sound less educated. You aren’t one of these people who thinks just because a slug has the same diameter, the entire family of rounds are the same ?
The .223 is specifically designed to cycle a military semi auto/ auto rifle. A .222 is not.
You can hear him? Weird...

Any round can be used in a semiautomatic rifle that is chambered for the round.

Moron

Shit every 12 year old in my neighborhood has a .22 semiauto rifle and it doesn't need any special round designed for a semiauto rifle. any old .22 long will work.

Why don't you gun banners ever talk about all the other guns that do the same thing an AR-15 can do? Cat got your tongue about them? Or more likely one of them will be on your next one to ban list.
Because illiterate, the lethality of the cartridge in .223 with limited recoil is just as important to defining the AR15 as the features it has. The AR15 platform in .308 is. is no where near as plentiful on the civilian market for one reason……think of it.

Because illiterate, the lethality of the cartridge in .223 with limited recoil is just as important to defining the AR15 as the features it has. The AR15 platform in .308 is. is no where near as plentiful on the civilian market for one reason……think of it.
Gee maybe it has something to do with the popularity of rifles chambered for 5.56 rounds as compared to rifles chambered for .308

DUH

‘Usually, the motivation for purchasing the AR-15 is simple: People want one because they want one. Most times, the person who buys an AR-15 comes into the store already knowing that they intend to purchase one.

I’ve pressed some customers about why they want an AR-15, but no one could ever come up with a legitimate justification for needing that particular weapon.

Some members of the tinfoil hat brigade have come up with the reply, “We need these weapons because we want to be effective against the government if it becomes tyrannical. That’s part of our Second Amendment right.” Personally, I think that’s ludicrous, but it has become an increasingly popular justification for purchasing a semi-automatic rifle.

[…]

If banning them outright seems like too extreme a solution to be politically palatable, here’s another option: Reclassify semi-automatic rifles as Class 3 firearms.’

I disagree with the article’s author about ‘banning’ AR 15s or subjecting them to the provisions of the NFA. ‘Bans’ don’t work, they’re unwarranted government excess and overreach and likely un-Constitutional.

But he’s correct about wanting to own an AR 15 to ‘defend against government tyranny’ as being ridiculous nonsense.

Possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need.’

And there’s nothing wrong with that; citizens are not required to ‘justify’ exercising a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

As is always the case after a mass shooting or similar event, we see inane, baseless reasons contrived to ‘justify’ owning an AR 15 in a pathetic and unnecessary attempt to fend-off a ‘ban’ of such weapons where there is no political will to do so.
Who are you to judge why a person wants an AR-15? Why does their reason of just wanting one not good enough for you? What special rights do you have to make your narrowminded judgement call? Owning a weapon is a right, and your hate and bigotry is just a show of your intolerance to others.

Forum List

Back