He's pushing background checks

by targeting Social Security participants?

Obama pushes to extend gun background checks to Social Security - Chicago Tribune

Gramps can't balance his checkbook, he can't buy a gun?

I've seen 20-30 year olds that can't balance a checkbook, should that prevent them from passing a background check?

Can he get more ridiculous?
I am not so outraged by this push to stricter regs on 'doddering' elders..if it happens, that is. There is also a push in my State to take a longer harder look at the elderly when renewing driver's licenses too. After a certain age, you can no longer renew by mail. It's hard to give up, hard to admit you are no longer at full capacity. Too many go on too long and to disastrous results. But it's a debatable issue. Clever thieves could very easily target the elderly even more if they present as unprotected.

" Clever thieves could very easily target the elderly even more if they present as unprotected."

My thought exactly

Obama pushes to extend gun background checks to Social Security - Chicago Tribune

I've seen 20-30 year olds that can't balance a checkbook, should that prevent them from passing a background check?

From your link:

...the Obama administration is pushing to ban Social Security beneficiaries from owning guns if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, a move that could affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others.

The push is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws regulating who gets reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others.

A potentially large group within Social Security are people who, in the language of federal gun laws, are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease."

You think people who are mentally incapacitated should be able to have a gun in their hands?

That being said, I do think this is controversial, and the rest of the article, which you did not quote, explains why...

From your link:

...the Obama administration is pushing to ban Social Security beneficiaries from owning guns if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, a move that could affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others.

The push is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws regulating who gets reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others.

A potentially large group within Social Security are people who, in the language of federal gun laws, are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease."

You think people who are mentally incapacitated should be able to have a gun in their hands?

That being said, I do think this is controversial, and the rest of the article, which you did not quote, explains why...

Sorry...it sounds good then all of a sudden it isn't just that one category but anyone over a certain age.....we know what you anti gun extremists want, we know what your tactics are so no fucking way.....

2aguy, we know what you gun extremists want, we know what your tactics are, so.....

Wanna bet I'm less anti-gun extremist than you are pro-gun extremist?

Well we can see by the stupid reply's that they didn't read, just used emotive retorts as a basis of rational..

a move that could affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others.

This move is by those that have their SS managed by a third party...people that normally would and could not own firearms,.....much less use them...derps...

This move is by those that have their SS managed by a third party...people that normally would and could not own firearms,.....much less use them...derps...

Untrue. Two entirely different subjects.

2aguy, we know what you gun extremists want, we know what your tactics are, so.....

Wanna bet I'm less anti-gun extremist than you are pro-gun extremist?

so....just because you are weak on gun rights that doesn't make you smart.

Well we can see by the stupid reply's that they didn't read, just used emotive retorts as a basis of rational..

a move that could affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others.

They won't stop there....they never do....they will use that for the next step...and as John Lott pointed out...these are people who aren't committing crimes with guns right now...so there is no reason to create this new category....unless they mean to use it as a next step....

Why not let mentally incompetents have guns?

We allow 30 round magazines for center fires for no reason that benefits the public.

The ability of the delusional to fondle weapons that have no use except to kill shall not be infringed upon.

From your link:

Who gets to decide that?
An appointed bureaucrat with the same slanted agenda as the one that appointed him?
A board or panel?
A doctor?

It isn't funny to see how many hoops one must jump through in order to legally buy a gun.
But mention charging a dollar for an ID to vote and the Libtards' brains short circuit

Who gets to decide that?
An appointed bureaucrat with the same slanted agenda as the one that appointed him?
A board or panel?
A doctor?

It isn't funny to see how many hoops one must jump through in order to legally buy a gun.
But mention charging a dollar for an ID to vote and the Libtards' brains short circuit

Agreed
The elderly should not be subjected to having some politically motivated bureaucrat, judge, or doctor declare them "unfit" to own a firearm.

What's next? Confiscation can't be far behind.

What's the point of a welfare state if you can't use it to lord it over the peons?

In the years 2003 and 2004 , alot of people were walking around me, and telling me that I was going to be a plant "M.P".

I would get to carry a handgun. ( golly gee, I never done that before - rolling eyes )

I would get to drive a vehicle with a light bar on top. ( ( golly gee, I never done that before - rolling eyes )

I carried a handgun in the Military ( I still have my weapons card at home ) and I drive a emergency vehicle at work. The company CEO and V.P of Ops said I could be a plant M.P. -- Oh-kay !

Ridiculous is ...... what ridiculous is.

Shadow 355

warf:
Why not let mentally incompetents have guns?
Incompetence in one respect does not necessarily indicate incompetence in any other. In any case people may assign someone else to handle their finances for reasons that have nothing to do with incompetence.

We allow 30 round magazines for center fires for no reason that benefits the public.
You don't think military police and militias benefit the public?

The ability of the delusional to fondle weapons that have no use except to kill shall not be infringed upon.
Better that than allowing tyrannical idiots to band anyone they don't like as "delusional".

Forum List

Back