Hey Fat Americans

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan

Even when we go to Europe and eat a lot, we lose weight. Why?

An Active European Lifestyle

A common theme emerges in firsthand accounts of those who lost weight while vacationing in Europe: walking.

I agree. In Greece and German we walked a lot

Light on Processed Food, Heavy on Nutritional Food Labeling

Europe Banned Several Ingredients Commonly Found in American Foods. Regulations? A Greek food show explained how a lot of olive oil in American supermarkets aren't even worth eating. So not all olive oil is created equal. Extra virgin is good but even some brands only say extra virgin. Would you know how to tell?

Americans cook their foods in bad fats. BUTTER. I no longer do this. Now I only cook my eggs, saute my onions, make my salad dressing with extra virgin olive oil.

The American food industry is a disgrace. Way too much sugar, salt, processed and fast food. Childhood obesity in America is at an all-time high. Lack of fitness in general is prevalent. JFK was the last President who specifically called out Americans and heir kids to take control of their health. All of us who are old enough remember participating in the Presidential Fitness competitions in school. That should never have been abandoned.

A common theme emerges in firsthand accounts of those who lost weight while vacationing in Europe: walking.

Europe Banned Several Ingredients Commonly Found in American Foods. Regulations? A Greek food show explained how a lot of olive oil in American supermarkets aren't even worth eating. So not all olive oil is created equal. Extra virgin is good but even some brands only say extra virgin. Would you know how to tell?

Americans cook their foods in bad fats. BUTTER. I no longer do this. Now I only cook my eggs, saute my onions, make my salad dressing with extra virgin olive oil.
Possibly an off subject question, but what is extra-virgin? Above the clothes touching only?

summo stacey abrams.jpg

The American food industry is a disgrace. Way too much sugar, salt, processed and fast food. Childhood obesity in America is at an all-time high. Lack of fitness in general is prevalent. JFK was the last President who specifically called out Americans and heir kids to take control of their health. All of us who are old enough remember participating in the Presidential Fitness competitions in school. That should never have been abandoned.
Ah, excuse me?

A token program that was nowhere near the level of the Presidential Fitness Program. I don't remember let's move at all.

That's because you are brainwashed now. Not like back then. You were too busy looking to see if she had a dick to listen to what she had to say.

I remember Melania's. Do you? Be Best.

A token program that was nowhere near the level of the Presidential Fitness Program. I don't remember let's move at all.

I have to disagree with you. This whole thread is about how badly us Americans eat.

What did Let's Move accomplish?

Transformed the school food environment through the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, which updated school meal nutrition standards for the first time in 15 years and increased funding for the first time in 30 years.

What did Kennedy do again? Anything close to what Michelle accomplished?

Did her program work? Nope. We're still fat fucks.

Despite its goal, the Let's Move! initiative did not cause a decline in obesity rates. In 2008, 68% of Americans were either overweight or obese. By 2016, that number jumped to 71.2%.

And then there's Trump
1696449719928.png

1696449735900.png

1696449756464.png

Terrible role model.

Possibly an off subject question, but what is extra-virgin? Above the clothes touching only?
They are stomped by virgins. Sort of like wine grapes being stomped by virgins or virgins who roll cuban cigars.

Actually that's a good question. Not off topic at all. It's important

To be classified as “extra virgin,” olive oil must meet stringent industry standards. The oil must be low in fatty acids, defect-free, fresh when pressed and extracted without high heat or chemicals. This “virgin” process protects the flavor and helps it retain its antioxidants, vitamins and minerals so it is healthier.

There are several reasons for this. I have spent a decent amount of time in Europe over the last several years. In fact, I'm heading back over there for a couple of weeks next Saturday. I keep a strict diet here at home and track my calories and macros daily with MyFitnessPal, but when I travel, especially overseas, I just kind of wing it because it's too hard to do. Plus, part of the travel experience is the local food, which includes deserts, local liquors, etc, things I don't normally eat here at home.

Nonetheless, even though I'm not eating as cleanly I do tend to come back the same weight and sometimes I even lose a few pounds. The food is definitely part of it. Better ingredients, less processed shit (although you can definitely buy that stuff there), but also, people are more active too, which I think is a larger factor. People walk a lot more and bike a lot more and I definitely walk a lot more when I'm there. Trying to drive in the cities is a pain in the ass and in some countries, like Italy, it can be down right frightening because people there drive like shit. I think it's the different lifestyle overall that makes the difference, but it also depends on which countries you are talking about. The British, for example, are a bunch of fat pigs just like we are. I've also noticed more overweight people in Germany and The Netherlands, but in France and Spain you see hardly anyone overweight. It seems to be regional.

I have always been told that 100% California olive oil is the best kind ot buy here in the states and that's what I get, but it's expensive. The normal sized bottle will run you $20 at Target.

I'm 58 have the same waist size as I did in HS. Never been to Europe. Also an exercise rat.

I saw a pretty gross 600 pound chick telling the airlines they need to widen the aisles for her. She is another hasbeen influencer and I can't understand why anyone would follow her.

I have to disagree with you. This whole thread is about how badly us Americans eat.

What did Let's Move accomplish?

Transformed the school food environment through the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, which updated school meal nutrition standards for the first time in 15 years and increased funding for the first time in 30 years.

What did Kennedy do again? Anything close to what Michelle accomplished?

Did her program work? Nope. We're still fat fucks.

Despite its goal, the Let's Move! initiative did not cause a decline in obesity rates. In 2008, 68% of Americans were either overweight or obese. By 2016, that number jumped to 71.2%.

And then there's Trump
View attachment 838212

Terrible role model.
Ahh yes. That picture..

Like many other federal institutions, the White House kitchen was not operating at the time...

In an explanation for the evening’s menu, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeted, “The Democrats’ refusal to compromise on border security and reopen the government didn’t stop President Trump from hosting national champion @ClemsonFB tonight. He personally paid for the event to be catered by some of America’s great fast food joints.”

If you rely on a role model, you are a loser.

We have choices. I wouldn't trade that for anything but with choices come responsibility. Eat natural foods. Eat "God Foods.". Your weight will never be a problem

The food and pharma conglomerates own the political class here in the US. We just got a bottle of Heinz ketchup from Canada. No corn syrup in the Canadian version.

Heinz Tomato Ketchup (America): Tomato concentrate from red ripe tomatoes, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, salt, spice, onion powder, natural flavoring. Heinz Tomato Ketchup (Canada): Tomato paste (from fresh, ripe tomatoes), sugar, vinegar, salt spices.

I saw a pretty gross 600 pound chick telling the airlines they need to widen the aisles for her. She is another hasbeen influencer and I can't understand why anyone would follow her.
I watch that 600 pounder TV show and cannot believe how enormous those people get. How many years of gorging on food does it take to get that big?

Forum List

Back