🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

HI judge gives father 1 year probation for making his son walk home 1 mile from schoo

Oh my goodness. My parents would have received Life Sentences.

why wont they say how old the kid was?....

Not sure how that's relevant. When I was 5 and in kindergarten I had the same nearly 1 mile walk to my busstop as I did until I stopped taking the bus in 11th grade.

The article mentions traffic; if the kid was young enough, that could be a problem. I walked 1/2 mile for several years to & from the bus stop, but that was on a country road.

I had to walk down a half-mile farm lane just to catch the school bus... If my parents were not dead maybe I should sue them...

HI judge gives father 1 year probation for making his son walk home 1 mile from school
Some school districts use one mile as the dividing line between getting a ride on the school bus or walking to school. This includes grade school, starting from kindergarten. Thus, lots of grade school kids walk up to a mile to get to school, the judge erred in judgment here.

The judge cited crime and predators. Okay. The kid has to walk the mile with dad every step. It will do them both good.

Okay, I've tried to guess, but I give up:

Who's the "tranny" in the story — the father, or the son???

True, but what would happen if it was different? Who is to blame then?

I feel the age of the child is important here.

Not sure how that's relevant. When I was 5 and in kindergarten I had the same nearly 1 mile walk to my busstop as I did until I stopped taking the bus in 11th grade.

things were different back then......when i was 3 i used to walk to school too....but i hung with a bunch of 10 year olds so i got there safely...maybe this kid was alone....

The article mentions traffic; if the kid was young enough, that could be a problem. I walked 1/2 mile for several years to & from the bus stop, but that was on a country road.
traffic can be 50 cars going by or just one going by every 10 minutes......the info given was not enough to give a decent response...

Forum List

Back