🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

HI judge gives father 1 year probation for making his son walk home 1 mile from schoo

why wont they say how old the kid was?....

Not sure how that's relevant. When I was 5 and in kindergarten I had the same nearly 1 mile walk to my busstop as I did until I stopped taking the bus in 11th grade.

According to the judge: " times are different today, given child predators and traffic."
The judge is right.

CaféAuLait;9180256 said:
He was 8 years old and in grade 3.

I was responsible for going back and forth to school (over a mile) on my own each day at that age. There was one very busy street to cross. I even figure out how to push the little button for the cross walk light.

And I SURVIVED! Imagine that.

that was a few years ago. and you don't know what his neighborhood is like.

different day and age... you know?

CaféAuLait;9180256 said:

I was responsible for going back and forth to school (over a mile) on my own each day at that age. There was one very busy street to cross. I even figure out how to push the little button for the cross walk light.

You don't either. The question is who is best suited to decide, the state or the parent. Obviously, it is a case-by-case basis. The decision must be predicated on that. If the child were living in a shit hole like the south side of Chicago, I would have to agree. Kauai does not seem to fit that mold, but then we are not sure of the facts

Not sure how that's relevant. When I was 5 and in kindergarten I had the same nearly 1 mile walk to my busstop as I did until I stopped taking the bus in 11th grade.

The situation 40 years ago is not comparable to today.

Period.

Yes, kids today are helicoptered to the extent that their independence is neutered.

This is why we get Elliot Rodgers.

dicca, your comment is worthy of your bat pet.

Forty years ago is not comparable today in getting kids to school.

Yes, at seven, I crossed two major intersections in a seven block drudge to elementary school.

Different times. Can't do that today.

You don't either. The question is who is best suited to decide, the state or the parent. Obviously, it is a case-by-case basis. The decision must be predicated on that. If the child were living in a shit hole like the south side of Chicago, I would have to agree. Kauai does not seem to fit that mold, but then we are not sure of the facts

actually, I do know.

I know the gubmint haters don't get it, but the state decides what constitutes negligence because kids can't watch out for themselves.

actually, I do know.

I know the gubmint haters don't get it, but the state decides what constitutes negligence because kids can't watch out for themselves.
I expect you are one of these USMB hags. You know nothing and can not be given control over people or the way they decide to raise their children.

I find those that are self-righteous enough to presume they do absolutely reprehensible.

why wont they say how old the kid was?....

1347503808_ShortBus.jpg

CaféAuLait;9180256 said:

ok that explains a little....i was walking that far to school when i was that age back in Niagara Falls and the school was about a mile away.....even when it was snowing....but then kids back then were always outside running around......

Forum List

Back