High school class President gives a Trump-like speech, get removed as class president

Because Trumps a asshole and disrespectful.

Trump is like the class clown that should be removed.

The kid was satirizing how dumb and hateful Trump is. A school election isn't the most appropriate avenue, but I don't think he should be cited for harassing anybody.

The kid was satirizing how dumb and hateful Trump is. A school election isn't the most appropriate avenue, but I don't think he should be cited for harassing anybody.

i like trump & i think it's entertaining when folks make fun of him. you can possess both thoughts at the same time.

The kid's parody illustrated that he was engaged in current affairs. That's encouraging and shouldn't be punished.

If it were up to me, I would let the students decide the boy's class presidential fate.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Obey the rules, kiddo. Maybe you'll know for next time.

And people, students have "limited" free speech rights in school. It ain't the courthouse steps.

grow up.
See the Supreme Court, child. Grownups know this.

Yes the Supreme Court has ruled that the 1st amendment extends to public schools.

"It can hardly be argued that neither students or teachers shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate."
-- Tinker v. Des Moines

That's pretty bad, he won and they yanked it out from underneath him.

Follow the rules, kids.

What rules? It's basically a popularity contest.
The rules of the - school.

The rules of the schools don't trump the first amendment unless he was being obscene, vulgar, or advocating illegal activity then this was protected speech.
Kids really don't have free speech in school. Had he been preaching about Jesus he'd still be in trouble. A time and a place, kids.

Obey the rules, kiddo. Maybe you'll know for next time.

And people, students have "limited" free speech rights in school. It ain't the courthouse steps.

grow up.
See the Supreme Court, child. Grownups know this.

Yes the Supreme Court has ruled that the 1st amendment extends to public schools.

"It can hardly be argued that neither students or teachers shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate."
-- Tinker v. Des Moines
It's a limited right. In this case the black armband wasn't causing a disruption. Anything that does they can take actions to fix. They are kids, not adults, and the school is - In Loco Parentis.

Forum List

Back