Hollywood Experiencing It's Worst Box Office Attendance in 25 Years

Why bother going to the movie theater? We can watch just about anything on our big screen in the comfort of our home, and often for little to no cost.

People are social animals. Going out to be in a group has merit. This is just a typical technology induced customer contraction. Go watch a baseball game at a ballpark. It is more convenient to watch the game on a VDD (Video Delivery Device), but there is something different about experiencing it in person, in a crowd.

Yeah there is an argument to be made for the costs at the theater. It's like $50 for my husband and I to go to the movie theater - for $30 we can own it on blue-ray, we have 7.1 and my $8 air popper makes better popcorn lol
Sorry to say, I like the butter popcorn at the movies. Damn expensive though, and fatting.

Canola oil and a sauce pan will yield better. I prefer my air popper for convenience then I drizzle on Land'o'Lakes canola oil butter and a few twists of Mediterranean sea salt (though the pink Himalayan salt is pretty good with popcorn too, don't recommend the black Hawaiian salt for it though it has a tad too much bite to it.)

Why bother going to the movie theater? We can watch just about anything on our big screen in the comfort of our home, and often for little to no cost.

People are social animals. Going out to be in a group has merit. This is just a typical technology induced customer contraction. Go watch a baseball game at a ballpark. It is more convenient to watch the game on a VDD (Video Delivery Device), but there is something different about experiencing it in person, in a crowd.

We just have peeps over to watch movies/football games with us heh

That is a bit different. I am presuming you are not inviting 40,000 strangers into your home.

WEIRD WHAT NONSTOP OPEN CONTEMPT FOR HALF YOUR CUSTOMERS CAN DO!

Hollywood is suffering its worst-attended summer movie season in 25 years

Yeah, it's not because movies are not nearly as well made as they used to be, nor that tv has gotten to be so good in the past decade with shows like Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Breaking Bad, etc. that are far better written than anything on the big screen. It's because Hollywod movies are only made for "liberal" audiences. Yeah, that's it.:cuckoo:

Damn near every movie to come out of hollyweird has a liberal spin on it these days.

Seems the mark has been missed in this thread.....

Hollywood is a PRIMARY revenue stream for the Liberal / Globalist agenda......
FORGET the liberal twist to the films, forget the homosexuality in most works coming out of Hollywood, forget home theaters......

What SHOULD be in the minds of Right wingers is that continued support of Hollywood (ie going to the movies) is putting cash into the very hands you say are destroying the nation. Doing so shows no backbone. No commitment to change. Talk is indeed cheap.

I would "like" to believe that many on the Right have wised up and are avoiding paying into Hollwood for causes more important than the superficial ones I see mostly in this thread.

People talk. But when it comes time to make ANY sacrifice, they are just that....talk only.

If you are willing to give up your freedom your voice and your dignity in the name of entertainment....you deserve none of them.

Last edited:

That is a bit different. I am presuming you are not inviting 40,000 strangers into your home.

40k is about the population of my town heh Frankly I've no interest in hanging out with a bunch of strangers. At best I do the state fair, but even then it's too many people for my tastes; though I do like it to happen as it's good for local businesses, though I do wish they'd go on a different day from me :p

Good.
I hope hollyweird goes broke! Go ahead and secede cali,but it's looking like the only tax payers you'll have left are gonna be taco trucks and lettuce pickers.

Remember the days of renting the VCR along with the movies? I can remember buying my first VCR - about $200 and about as heavy as a washing machine. We had that thing for years - until the guy said he could no longer get parts. Everything is throw-away now, fill up the landfills and oceans with more plastic.

For a lot of reasons, I hate theaters. I would much rather sit in my easy chair with a cat on my lap, turning it on and off as I wish.

I can't count the number of times I've thought or said "glad we didn't pay $15 each for that". Even movies that are touted as being the best thing since buttered popcorn are usually a disappointment.

For me, there is nothing like going to the movies with the kid and having that big bucket of popcorn, a huge box of candy and a huge cup of Lemonade. It's a special Saturday treat for us. Been doing it since she was four and she is eight years old now. Probably only have a few years left, but as long as they are making cartoon movies we will keep the tradition and memory builder up.

For me, there is nothing like going to the movies with the kid and having that big bucket of popcorn, a huge box of candy and a huge cup of Lemonade. It's a special Saturday treat for us. Been doing it since she was four and she is eight years old now. Probably only have a few years left, but as long as they are making cartoon movies we will keep the tradition and memory builder up.

Can't fault you for that. Animation is the only area that's really got anything going for it IMO

WEIRD WHAT NONSTOP OPEN CONTEMPT FOR HALF YOUR CUSTOMERS CAN DO!

Hollywood is suffering its worst-attended summer movie season in 25 years
2.jpg

Geez guy, grow some fucking balls.
There's no scary Liberals under your bed to make you watch movies that aren't very good.

Remember the days of renting the VCR along with the movies? I can remember buying my first VCR - about $200 and about as heavy as a washing machine. We had that thing for years - until the guy said he could no longer get parts. Everything is throw-away now, fill up the landfills and oceans with more plastic.

For a lot of reasons, I hate theaters. I would much rather sit in my easy chair with a cat on my lap, turning it on and off as I wish.

I can't count the number of times I've thought or said "glad we didn't pay $15 each for that". Even movies that are touted as being the best thing since buttered popcorn are usually a disappointment.

More times than not, at least in my opinion, the bigger the hype, the worse the movie.

Seems the mark has been missed in this thread.....

Hollywood is a PRIMARY revenue stream for the Liberal / Globalist agenda......
FORGET the liberal twist to the films, forget the homosexuality in most works coming out of Hollywood, forget home theaters......

What SHOULD be in the minds of Right wingers is that continued support of Hollywood (ie going to the movies) is putting cash into the very hands you say are destroying the nation. Doing so shows no backbone. No commitment to change. Talk is indeed cheap.

I would "like" to believe that many on the Right have wised up and are avoiding paying into Hollwood for causes more important than the superficial ones I see mostly in this thread.

People talk. But when it comes time to make ANY sacrifice, they are just that....talk only.

If you are willing to give up your freedom your voice and your dignity in the name of entertainment....you deserve none of them.

"Hollywood is a PRIMARY revenue stream for the Liberal / Globalist agenda......" Oh good grief. What utter nonsense. You really need to check out the links in my sig. You might also want to read the US Constitution and give a moment's thought to the principles the US was built on.

You believe that watching a movie will take away "your freedom [sic] your voice and your dignity"?

But you are demanding that those who entertain us give up their voice.

Always gives me a chuckle when some RWNJ swears he'll never watch another movie with THAT actor in it, but hey, since the 80s, I've boycotted all Proctor & Gamble products, all Gillette and all Kodak products. I really doubt any of them have noticed but it makes me feel good. So, boycott, whine about those liberals and homosexuals and that new RWNJ lie -"globalists".

Ha, you were smart and waited. We bought our first one and it was $600.00. Tapes were $99.00 apiece.

Last edited:

Naw. Every time I go out and join a big crowd, I risk going to jail. Inevitably, some millennial is going to piss Me off and end up bleeding profusely. Besides, I like to actually listen to the movie for its plot and you can't have that with a bunch of people running their mouths.

I like the movies too, but I stay away from the empty calories. The stuff at movies is probably the worst stuff you can eat, and price is astronomical

I'm just sick and tired of Hollywood forgetting their job is to make entertaining movies and not to be political pundits. it amazes me how so many of them seem bent on alienating half their audience. Some seem intent on alienating more than that and then seem shocked when they get blowback.

Then they get on their ego award shows and thrill their audience alienate the dwindling audience watching on TV. And these supposedly politically brilliant people can't figure out why the box office is shrinking.

Movies are force feeding political correctness and so is television. Stick in the black hero and the gay love scene. Make people like it.

Failure is the option.

Forum List

Back