Hot Stove

A, go ahead and change the title if you want. I don't think as many people will "get it" though.

Only the true baseball fans.
Who else matters?

Upon thinking, no one. You don't really have much to say here if you don't understand contract situations.

Even I'm under-informed this year. I have to get some free time and run some numbers.

I think Victorino is trade bait and we look at Ankiel.
We should do an over/under on how long it will be before a dopey Mets player proclaims they are better then Philly. ;)

Greedy bastard :lol:

I can see you getting Crawford and putting Damon back in C where he belongs.

But why would you want to replace Swisher???? :lol:

You'll be needing a DH, too. Matsui's probably gone.

The mets have a good lineup when all healthy...but they remind me of the Phillies...they need more pitching

If the Yankees get Crawford, Holliday, and Lackey the rest of the league might as well not show up for spring training.

I really don't think the Yanks will get Lackey...I definately think they will go after Holliday.

The Yanks will still try to work on Joba or Hughes to be a starting pitcher....I see them signing Andy for another year and having Gaudin as their 5th.

Crawford would be interesting...don't know if it would happen, but I'd love to see him leading off for the Yankees

I believe the 'Joba as a starter' experiment is dead.

I doubt he will start next year, the chances of Gaudin being in the rotation are very slim.

I hope its dead...I would much rather see them rework hughes inthe starter department because he has the arm strength unlike Joba.

Joba needs to be the set up amn and work with Rivera closely over the next few years and take over the closer role for the Yankees in my eyes...his stuff was becoming electric again...94-96 mph gas

The Mets need WAY more pitching than us.

They don't have ANYTHING after Santana. I kind of like Perez, he has good stuff... but he's one of those jekyll/hyde type pitchers. You never who's showing up.

We need a #3 starter, replace Feliz at 3rd with Figgins to lead off and move Rollins farther down the lineup where he BELONGS, and a couple relievers. I still have faith in Lidge, it's not like he's 90. We're probably losing Scott Eyre who was just GREAT in his short time here.

Romero will be back healthy, so we'll need to add a good lefty in the pen to replace Eyre and our bullpen is really no different than the dominant one it was in '08.

They don't have ANYTHING after Santana. I kind of like Perez, he has good stuff... but he's one of those jekyll/hyde type pitchers. You never who's showing up.

We need a #3 starter, replace Feliz at 3rd with Figgins to lead off and move Rollins farther down the lineup where he BELONGS, and a couple relievers. I still have faith in Lidge, it's not like he's 90. We're probably losing Scott Eyre who was just GREAT in his short time here.

Romero will be back healthy, so we'll need to add a good lefty in the pen to replace Eyre and our bullpen is really no different than the dominant one it was in '08.

Is Happ going to be in the rotation next year?

I hope its dead...I would much rather see them rework hughes inthe starter department because he has the arm strength unlike Joba.

Joba needs to be the set up amn and work with Rivera closely over the next few years and take over the closer role for the Yankees in my eyes...his stuff was becoming electric again...94-96 mph gas

You're right. Joba is a one inning intense fireballer. He should be a fixture in the Yankee bullpen for years to come.

Listen, Lidge is good

You just can't compare him to Mariano. You can't compare any closer to MO.

Every closer this post season either blew a save or game except for MO, and Mo came pitched more then all of them and in bigger pressure situations.

Thats why he is a cyborg.

The way you look at Perez you can also look at Hamels right? At this point you don't know who you are going to get...I myself would rather have Hamels because I do think he will turn it around.

But the Mets and Phillies both need to concentrate on pitching. They both have the sticks if everyone stays healthy. I would love to see the Mets healthy and see the Phils and them battle it out...that way I can laugh at the Met fans rooting for the Phillies this workd series when they lose

You're right. Joba is a one inning intense fireballer. He should be a fixture in the Yankee bullpen for years to come.

yup, I agree. God forbid Mo shows him how to throw the cutter :)

After this season's performance, he's GOTTA be.

And Andrew, I certainly don't compare Lidge to Mo. I don't even compare Trevor Hoffman, or Dennis Eckersley to Mo.

Mo is the best there ever was, and probably ever will be, in the closer role.

And Andrew, I certainly don't compare Lidge to Mo. I don't even compare Trevor Hoffman, or Dennis Eckersley to Mo.

Hamels, Lee, and Happ ... not a bad 1, 2, 3 at all ...

And @ Andrew, Perez has ALWAYS been jekyll/hyde.

Hamels had a bad year. Maybe it was the money. Maybe it was the pregnant wife with their first. Who knows.

There remains questions in my mind though, about whether he's completely committed to baseball. He just reminds me of Zito.

Zito probably thinks a bad day surfing beats a good day pitching. I think Hamels has other things on his mind too.

Something seems fake about him, but there's no denying he's got ace potential. He needs to master a 3rd pitch though.

Hamels, Lee, and Happ ... not a bad 1, 2, 3 at all ...

Exactly. Lee and Hamels at their best is not too far off from Lincecum and Cain at their best.

Hey Yank fans, how about you guys ease up a bit and let ol TruthSpeaker here have Holliday so maybe the Giants can contend, huh? :D

lol..Holliday will be a Yankee...you heard it here!

Matt Holliday Interested In Yankees: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

"I think a little bit as a human being you can't help but to think that if the Yankees are interested I would definitely consider it. I wouldn't be looking around if I were under contract for the four years, but I think I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be interested, especially with the Yankees being such a storied franchise. So yeah, you take a look around; you never know what's going to happen. This is a beautiful place."

WEDNESDAY: Not a big surprise, but Newsday's Ken Davidoff learned that Matt Holliday is willing to play in New York. The Mets or Yankees could consider the Scott Boras client, who is a free agent after the season. For what it's worth, Holliday's father Tom told Tyler Kepner of the New York Times in November that he'd like to see Holliday traded to the Yankees, or at least an East Coast team.

I just went from 6 to midnight

and Paulie I agree...

Hamels will be a star just give him time..the guy is 25 and just had a baby...who knows what was on hid mind.

I laugh at people who say trade him...I'll gladly take him lol.

Also, to the rest of the non yankee fans

Did you guys die a little inside when Mariano said he might play for another 5 years :) lol

LET IT BEGIN!!!!!

Red Sox Acquire Jeremy Hermida: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Hermida, 25, has hit .265/.344/.425 in almost 2,000 career plate appearances, which is not what many had in mind for the guy Baseball America once ranked as the fourth best prospect in baseball. He earned $2.25MM in 2009, and still has two more years of arbitration eligibility ahead of him.

The 25-year-old Jones got his first taste of the big leagues in 2009, when he put up a 9.24 ERA in 12.2 innings. He spent most of the year in Triple-A, where he held lefties to a .206 AVG against. Alvarez, 20, spent 2009 in Class-A ball, where he put up a 2.26 ERA in 26 games (12 start).

and Paulie I agree...

Hamels will be a star just give him time..the guy is 25 and just had a baby...who knows what was on hid mind.

I laugh at people who say trade him...I'll gladly take him lol.

Also, to the rest of the non yankee fans

Did you guys die a little inside when Mariano said he might play for another 5 years :) lol

That doesn't bother me ... the Red Sox can get to Mo.

Forum List

Back