Hot Tubs

OldFlame

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2020
My spouse and I are considering purchasing a hot tub, just wondered if fellow members have them, recommend any particular brand, etc..

There are so many things to consider, one of the biggest and most frustrating are water jets vs air jets. From what I have read so far, water jets are far superior, yet when you look at most major hot tub manufacturers, it's hard to even know which type of jets their tubs have. I think they are able to use the term 'hydrotherapy' regardless, and when you try to look at specifics on their websites, it's really not mentioned. Seems like the only option is to call or visit your local dealer to ask specifically, so if anyone has any knowledge on the subject, your input would be appreciated.

My sister and a few close friends have them, they all love them and use them regularly, so I guess it's a person by person thing.

I bought one of those inflatables to put on my deck... I liked it at first but it made a lot of noise and the electric costs were ridiculous.... so I sold it...

A friend had one which felt good on his very bad back, but the maintenance and frequent repairs ($$) led him to cut it into pieces with a hacksaw (it was coated cast iron) and toss it in his junk pile.

A friend had one which felt good on his very bad back, but the maintenance and frequent repairs ($$) led him to cut it into pieces with a hacksaw (it was coated cast iron) and toss it in his junk pile.
With a hacksaw? How many weeks did that take? Tbh, I don't even think that's possible.

You'd only be able to cut like 4 inches from the blade to the frame and that's it.
The frame will stop you from going any deeper.

My spouse and I are considering purchasing a hot tub, just wondered if fellow members have them, recommend any particular brand, etc..

There are so many things to consider, one of the biggest and most frustrating are water jets vs air jets. From what I have read so far, water jets are far superior, yet when you look at most major hot tub manufacturers, it's hard to even know which type of jets their tubs have. I think they are able to use the term 'hydrotherapy' regardless, and when you try to look at specifics on their websites, it's really not mentioned. Seems like the only option is to call or visit your local dealer to ask specifically, so if anyone has any knowledge on the subject, your input would be appreciated.
I have had a few hot tubs, but I will not hazard a guess as to which brand is better. However, re: air vs. water, I like both. The one consideration that bears the most weight IMHO, is voltage 120 vs. 220. DO NOT CONSIDER A 120V hot tub. The drawback is that when the blower or pump is on, the heater does not work meaning the tub cools while in use.

I have had a few hot tubs, but I will not hazard a guess as to which brand is better. However, re: air vs. water, I like both. The one consideration that bears the most weight IMHO, is voltage 120 vs. 220. DO NOT CONSIDER A 120V hot tub. The drawback is that when the blower or pump is on, the heater does not work meaning the tub cools while in use.
Yeah, and they require maintenance. Skimming, brushing, filter flushing, chemicals, the whole nine.

Yeah, and they require maintenance. Skimming, brushing, filter flushing, chemicals, the whole nine.
I really considered those minor. Chemicals can be done away with by using ozonators and if you keep it covered, skimming is not necessary. True, the filter and water line need attention on occasion, but they are minor. I would really like to have one now, but living in snow country it would entail an enclosure of some type and providing a pathway through the snow to the enclosure would be a task I wouldn't find enjoyable, LOL.

I'm interested in a swim spa. Not a fan of the Petri dishes the call public pools, but I don't necessarily want a pool in my backyard either...

Forum List

Back