House Bill to Lower Insulin Costs PASSES - 193 GOPers Voted AGAINST it - Just 12 Voted FOR

Do you think dictating prices is the President's job?
Helping Americans is the President's job. If Trump wanted an Executive Order to limit the costs of Insulin, then so be it.

I always appreciate Legislation though - since it is more permanent.

The only thing I can figure is that the dems folded something else into the Bill the gop found repugnant.

I don't care enough to investigate though.
Biden freezes Trump EO that did the same thing. Trump did it by EO because the democrats wouldn't pass Trumps bill to provide relief for insulin and epi pen users. Now they are making hay about passing a bill that they refused to pass for Trump.

The measure would cap insulin costs at $35 a month for consumers enrolled in both private health insurance plans and Medicare. Currently, based on the patient’s condition and choice of treatments, costs can range from $334 to $1,000 a month for insulin, according to a 2020 Kaiser Family Foundation report.

This is a really good bill. If you know any Diabetics - it is a very expensive and unfair lifestyle. Those poor people pay a truckload for treatment. Anything to help their burden is great.

193 GOPers voted against it of course. Thoughts?

Pretty much the same thought I always have about you: He got his talking points and ran with them, because finding out why Republicans vote the way they do might get in the way of "knowing" what his masters want him to.

Do you think dictating prices is the President's job?

You mean like Biden is dictating the high price of gasoline and propane, by way of his idiotic environmental policies?

Apparently it is the President's job.

You mean like Biden is dictating the high price of gasoline and propane, by way of his idiotic environmental policies?

Apparently it is the President's job.
Ahh.. so you're a Democrat! That explains it

The only thing I can figure is that the dems folded something else into the Bill the gop found repugnant.

I don't care enough to investigate though.

Actually, as far as I can tell, they're opposed to government price-fixing, and don't feel the bill is clear about where that extra cost is going to go. The Democrats say it's "likely" that it will be shifted to insurers and employers, so the bill probably really DOESN'T say anything about it. If that's the case, then ultimately the cost ends up shifting to the customers.

The measure would cap insulin costs at $35 a month for consumers enrolled in both private health insurance plans and Medicare. Currently, based on the patient’s condition and choice of treatments, costs can range from $334 to $1,000 a month for insulin, according to a 2020 Kaiser Family Foundation report.

This is a really good bill. If you know any Diabetics - it is a very expensive and unfair lifestyle. Those poor people pay a truckload for treatment. Anything to help their burden is great.

193 GOPers voted against it of course. Thoughts?
Conservatives tend to define a "free" market as one that's free from any form of democratic regulation. In fact, a free market is one devoid of monopolists and rent seekers, especially those who base health care on ability to pay.

Republicans' Free Market Health Care Fantasy

"The myth, especially among GOP conservatives, is that there is a high degree of free market competition where the 'law of one price' prevails in markets for hospitals, clinics, insurance industry and pharmaceutical drugs.

"Most GOP politicians in Congress have consistently propagated the free market myth. It was one of the centerpieces of the legislative bill proposed and withdrawn by Rep. Paul Ryan in the House of Representatives."

Are they too fucking lazy to make it themselves and distribute it FREE OF CHARGE?

What's stopping them? Oh right......reality.
"When inventor Frederick Banting discovered insulin in 1923, he refused to put his name on the patent. He felt it was unethical for a doctor to profit from a discovery that would save lives. Banting’s co-inventors, James Collip and Charles Best, sold the insulin patent to the University of Toronto for a mere $1. They wanted everyone who needed their medication to be able to afford it."

The absurdly high cost of insulin, explained.

Conservatives tend to define a "free" market as one that's free from any form of democratic regulation.
Yep.
In fact, a free market is one devoid of monopolists and rent seekers, especially those who base health care on ability to pay.
"Democratic regulation" is what facilitates rent seeking and monopolists. Every. Fucking. Time.

My thought is why did Joe Biden freeze Trump's previous $35 cap on insulin, and then put it back in a bill that had a whole bunch of other shit that no sane Republican would ever support?

Trump’s insulin order frozen, not scrapped, by Biden

Have you even seen all the other stuff that's in the bill along with the $35 insulin cap?
They actually think we're so stupid that we won't notice.

Forum List

Back