🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales

House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales This Week

i'm all for reviewing laws and changes that we know would affect events that have happened. this does nothing of the sort. it means if i sell my gun to my brother, i'm a criminal if i don't do a background check.

fine. i'll give it to him. problem solved.

but you can't name a single mass shooting where the gun was obtained in this manner. yet, this is what we're after.
Key words: "mass shooting".

Can you state definitively that none of the 15,000 gun homicides each year in America were done by guns acquired this way?
can you tell me the differences between a true private seller and guns used that way vs illegal guns that this law wont stop from being sold and the crimes they were used in?

all this means is im a criminal if i sell my brother a gun. if someone was illrgally selling guns already, this changes nothing.

i'm all for reviewing laws and changes that we know would affect events that have happened. this does nothing of the sort. it means if i sell my gun to my brother, i'm a criminal if i don't do a background check.

but you can't name a single mass shooting where the gun was obtained in this manner. yet, this is what we're after.

Your title is not true.

The democrats voted to require background checks on all weapon sales.

No one criminalized private gun sales. As long as you get that background check you're not a criminal.

A few years ago the same issue was on the ballot in my state.

It passed with a very good margin. I voted in the majority.

A background check on all weapon sales including private sales has been required in my state for several years now. It's easy to do and it helps keep weapons out of the hands of crazy people.

I swear, you gun people will lie and do anything to prevent any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. You're the reason why crazy people are able to get weapons to kill innocent people. You refuse to accept any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. If you're a criminal or mentally unstable I can see why you wouldn't want any background checks. Which that's the only reason I can see why you people are so afraid and against any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons.
i didn't have fuck shit to do with the title assholio - its from the story itself. go bitch at them.

also - right now i can sell my neighbor my ruger 10/22 and all good. if they pass this, i must take him to a pawn shop and pay $25 for a background check or i'm a criminal.

you really are totally void of facts and totally full of shit.

This is what happens when you use Breitbart as a source of information.
so you're saying the democrats are NOT doing this?

idiocy is what happens when you say stupid shit and people notice.
The only thing criminal are the lies you and others on the right attempt to propagate.
must be the fuck jughead convention today.

Your title is not true.

No one criminalized private gun sales. As long as you get that background check you're not a criminal.

A background check on all weapon sales including private sales has been required in my state for several years now. It's easy to do and it helps keep weapons out of the hands of crazy people.

I swear, you gun people will lie and do anything to prevent any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. You're the reason why crazy people are able to get weapons to kill innocent people. You refuse to accept any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons. If you're a criminal or mentally unstable I can see why you wouldn't want any background checks. Which that's the only reason I can see why you people are so afraid and against any reasonable and proper safety regulations on weapons.
i didn't have fuck shit to do with the title assholio - its from the story itself. go bitch at them.

also - right now i can sell my neighbor my ruger 10/22 and all good. if they pass this, i must take him to a pawn shop and pay $25 for a background check or i'm a criminal.

you really are totally void of facts and totally full of shit.

This is what happens when you use Breitbart as a source of information.
so you're saying the democrats are NOT doing this?

idiocy is what happens when you say stupid shit and people notice.

No, Democrats don't use Breitbart as a source of information.
they use whatever feels right to them at the time.

Can you state definitively that none of the 15,000 gun homicides each year in America were done by guns acquired this way?
can you tell me the differences between a true private seller and guns used that way vs illegal guns that this law wont stop from being sold and the crimes they were used in?

all this means is im a criminal if i sell my brother a gun. if someone was illrgally selling guns already, this changes nothing.
In order to prosecute someone, there has to be a law against what they did. So when you say "someone was illegally selling guns", they aren't illegally selling them if there isn't a law against it.

Now there will be.

Your title is not true.

How is the citizenry accessing NICS in your state?

You can read about how it's done at this link. Basically those who are already federal license gun sellers do the check.

During 2014, the State of Washington became the first state to create a law which required background checks on private firearms salesvia voter initiative. This law made it mandatory for private sellers and buyers to perform transactions for firearms via FFLs (firearms dealers who are federally licensed).

The federally-licensed firearm dealer, or FFL, is now required to process transactions as though dealers are selling firearms from their own inventories and therefore must adhere to the same state and federal laws which regulate the business practices of dealers of firearms. For example, FFLs will need to perform background checks on purchasers.

How to Transfer Private Gun Ownership in Washington State | Sporting Systems

All gun transfers ought to require a background check.
I just think that isn't the fix. The only people who are going to submit to a background check are those who would likely not commit a crime with a firearm.

The person intent on commiting gun crimes isn't going to do that.

I understand we need to fix the problem of gun crimes, but more laws only serve to restrict the law abiding citizen, and doesnt hinder the criminal.

The problem with going overboard with gun laws is that, in the end, the only people to be disarmed are the law abiding populace, rendering them defenseless against the criminal populace.
Nonsense.

No one has said that a UBC is a ‘fix.’

All manner of laws continue to be violated, ‘repealing’ those laws for that reason is idiocy.

And the notion that Constitutional firearm regulatory measures will result in citizens being ‘disarmed’ is another righting lie, any such ‘argument’ fails as a slippery slope fallacy.

I just bought a little number from a friend who was strapped for cash. We met up at the local gun shop, I paid a small fee for a background check, and zipideedodah, we were done. The gun was transferred to me in minutes.

No big deal.

Your title is not true.

You can read about how it's done at this link. Basically those who are already federal license gun sellers do the check.

During 2014, the State of Washington became the first state to create a law which required background checks on private firearms salesvia voter initiative. This law made it mandatory for private sellers and buyers to perform transactions for firearms via FFLs (firearms dealers who are federally licensed).

The federally-licensed firearm dealer, or FFL, is now required to process transactions as though dealers are selling firearms from their own inventories and therefore must adhere to the same state and federal laws which regulate the business practices of dealers of firearms. For example, FFLs will need to perform background checks on purchasers.

I just think that isn't the fix. The only people who are going to submit to a background check are those who would likely not commit a crime with a firearm.

I understand we need to fix the problem of gun crimes, but more laws only serve to restrict the law abiding citizen, and doesnt hinder the criminal.

The problem with going overboard with gun laws is that, in the end, the only people to be disarmed are the law abiding populace, rendering them defenseless against the criminal populace.
Nonsense.

All manner of laws continue to be violated, ‘repealing’ those laws for that reason is idiocy.
Exactly.

The illogic at work here is like, "People are still committing murders, so we should repeal the laws against murder!"

They really want to disarm Americans, can't blame them. Civil war is coming and they will get absolutely wrecked.

Doesn't matter if they were, we have the right to bear arms.

I think the Texas church mass shooter acquired his weapon by private sale or through a family member, but I'm not 100% on that. This is a guy with a history of criminal domestic abuse, restraining orders, and treatment for mental disorders. He should never have been able to acquire any weapon legally. If he did, I'm all for closing any loophole that allows anyone with a history of domestic violence from ever acquiring a gun, long, short or in-between.

Virtually all recent male mass shooters who had been married or in domestic partnerships, had a history of abuse and violence against their partners. That includes the Vegas shooter, the Texas church shooter, the guy who attacked the Republican baseball game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...21ef7165923_story.html?utm_term=.9626d49ae4c4

Not to mention the additional dangers domestic abusers pose to the partners and children if they own a gun:

Domestic Violence & Firearms | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Some jurisdictions have laws in place, but court cases aren't entered into data bases, so these guys slide through. There are many reasonable gun control laws on the books that could and would save lives, if the law enforcement data bases were kept up to date and correct, and all buyers and sellers were using them.

Criminals could care less about following the law. I don't expect you to understand this.
That’s a stupid argument. What idiot told you that made sense?

So if criminals break laws we shouldn’t have laws??

Huh?
Except no one anywhere says that at all.

What they do say is that adding ANOTHER, SECOND LAW, to the one they are already breaking is not relevant. It does nothing because they are already breaking the law in the first place.

Someone that is going to go shoot someone is not going to go, 'oh shit. I cant kill you because it would be illegal for me to buy a gun.'

In order to prosecute someone, there has to be a law against what they did. So when you say "someone was illegally selling guns", they aren't illegally selling them if there isn't a law against it.

Now there will be.
again... if someone is selling multiple guns consistently without an ffl or background checks, its illegal.

if you dont know this, go learn it.

I think the Texas church mass shooter acquired his weapon by private sale or through a family member, but I'm not 100% on that. This is a guy with a history of criminal domestic abuse, restraining orders, and treatment for mental disorders. He should never have been able to acquire any weapon legally. If he did, I'm all for closing any loophole that allows anyone with a history of domestic violence from ever acquiring a gun, long, short or in-between.

Virtually all recent male mass shooters who had been married or in domestic partnerships, had a history of abuse and violence against their partners. That includes the Vegas shooter, the Texas church shooter, the guy who attacked the Republican baseball game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...21ef7165923_story.html?utm_term=.9626d49ae4c4

Not to mention the additional dangers domestic abusers pose to the partners and children if they own a gun:

Some jurisdictions have laws in place, but court cases aren't entered into data bases, so these guys slide through. There are many reasonable gun control laws on the books that could and would save lives, if the law enforcement data bases were kept up to date and correct, and all buyers and sellers were using them.

Criminals could care less about following the law. I don't expect you to understand this.

Huh?

What they do say is that adding ANOTHER, SECOND LAW, to the one they are already breaking is not relevant. It does nothing because they are already breaking the law in the first place.

Someone that is going to go shoot someone is not going to go, 'oh shit. I cant kill you because it would be illegal for me to buy a gun.'
its like making it illegal to break the law.

Now there will be.
again... if someone is selling multiple guns consistently without an ffl or background checks, its illegal.

if you dont know this, go learn it.
Again, your thread premise is a lie – and you’re a liar.

Private gun sales are not being ‘criminalized.’

If the legislation were to be enacted, private citizens would still be at liberty to engage in a private sale of firearms pursuant to a background check by an FFL 01.

Huh?

its like making it illegal to break the law.
Current Federal law prohibits a private sale if the buyer is a convicted felon.

Current Federal law prohibits a private sale if the seller knows the buyer will use the purchased gun to commit a crime.

These existing provisions do not ‘criminalize’ private gun sales.

Likewise, to amend Federal law to require a background check does not ‘criminalize’ private firearm sales.

Your Bullshit is flowing a wide stream on this one. They are presenting a Universal Background Check. Just like 15 states already have. 60% of the guns possessed by criminals in gangs in inner cities have been purchased legally without background checks even if a background check is required at that location. It's a cottage industry for gun runners to go into locations that have no gun background checks and purchase guns and transport them back into the inner cities and sell them to gang members. What happens if there were 60% fewer guns offered to the Gangs for illegal activities? How many innocent lives does that save? Even if it saves just one that's a good thing.

Now, go back to your lying crap again. Maybe we should have them look into your mental health to see if you are stable enough to possess firearms. Chances are, you are probably one of those that either transport, sell or use those guns for illegal uses. That might explain why you are constantly lying out your rear end.

Background checks for firearm purchases are required nationwide, yet you say only 15 states do it... you lie.

I doubt your 60% number as well, as known gang members are prohibited from "legally" owning a firearm, and background checks are required NATIONWIDE when purchasing a weapon, otherwise it isn't a "legally" purchased firearm.

Strawman purchases are also illegal nationwide, and I have yet to find a place to sell a firearm without doing a background check...From a FFL dealer, whether it be at a shop, gun show, or big box store.

Can the background check system be improved upon? Absolutely, yet the complacency of others shouldn't be heaped upon those that don't commit crimes. Commit to enforcing the laws in place already on the books, fix the reporting to (at least) tighten up the lapses in getting those on a no buy list actually on it (looking at the air force and Broward County.)
Talk FACTUALLY about numbers/percentages and facts, not what one wants to believe to be true, AND stop talking out both sides of your neck. By the way, does that hurt?
So now the question becomes; whose bullshit is flowing a wide stream?

Your title is not true.

Nonsense.

And the notion that Constitutional firearm regulatory measures will result in citizens being ‘disarmed’ is another righting lie, any such ‘argument’ fails as a slippery slope fallacy.
I'm not suggesting we repeal anything. What I am saying is that, it is widely known that the left are avidly anti gun, and they seek to erode the 2nd as much as they constitutionally can. The left wants gun registration, and they want to restrict the firearms the citizens can own.

I'd dare say, if they could, the left would try to make it so people could only own 5 round handguns.

The problem with private background checks is, only those who are law abiding will do it. At the end of the day, all a background check will accomplish is the government will know a law abiding citizen is trying to purchase a gun. It will change nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Those who are set on commiting gun violence will find the guns they want no matter what.

What exactly do you think private sale background checks will accomplish?

What you are saying is, for all those who want to own a gun for the right reasons, let's stick them with more red tape to make it more trouble to acquire one, while those who are not law abiding will still be able to acquire them as easily as before.

They really want to disarm Americans, can't blame them. Civil war is coming and they will get absolutely wrecked.

You're disgusting! You've never seen the consequences of war and seem to have some childish image of war as you may have seen in a video game or TV show.

You're disgusting! You've never seen the consequences of war and seem to have some childish image of war as you may have seen in a video game or TV show.

I didn't import bunch of invaders into the country that do not want to be a part of it. Wasn't me who tried to undermine the country at every possible occasion.

You know who to blame.

If all transfers are to require a background check, then all citizens should have access to the database...

I didn't import bunch of invaders into the country that do not want to be a part of it. Wasn't me who tried to undermine the country at every possible occasion.

You know who to blame.

Reagan? Of course Trump has created hate and fear on both sides of the border. For decades the Bracero Program existed, and those who undermined that program were the farm owners who treated the workers as slaves.

Forum List

Back