How bizarre, how bizarre

"Ooh, baby..."

Anyway.

OpEdNews - Article: Romney Hires Voter Suppression Guru

Republic Report has covered how political money can corrupt government by influencing the actions of elected representatives. But professional hacks can also disrupt democracy by interfering with the voting process itself.
Late last year, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign began paying Nathan Sproul, a political consultant with a long history of destroying Democratic voter registration forms and manipulating ballot initiatives. Sproul, who changed his firm's name from Sproul and Associates to Lincoln Strategies, has received over $70,000 from Romney's campaign. Much of the campaign coverage has focused on the rhetoric of surrogates and the role of high-priced television advertisements. But if Sproul continues to play a role in the campaign, and if his previous work is any guide, his firm may have an impact on key swing states.

ThinkProgress covered Sproul and his work for the coal industry. The post, which partially reprinted below, goes through his greatest hits, including evidence that his firm systematically suppressed Democratic overs on behalf of the Bush-Cheney 2004 presidential team and deceiving voters during registration drives in 2006:
How's Team Romney going to spin this one?

good move changing the name from "sproul and associates" to "lincoln strategies". sounds presidential.

Voter suppression?

Any millionaire or billionaire can anonymously influence the outcome of an election by donating as much as they want to a Super Pac, and that's okay with Conservatives. But a voter must present a valid, approved photo I.D. at the polling place.

Last edited:
Voter suppression?

Any millionaire of billionaire can anonymously influence the outcome of an election by donating as much as they want to a Super Pac, and that's okay with Conservatives. But a voter must present a valid, approved photo I.D. at the polling place.

After going through an arduous registration process, of course.

How sad for you.

I'm sorry your pos rep abuse didn't bring in the results you sought.

But really, was it necessary to screw up the neg rep system as well?

Show mercy. What's next? Avatar adjustments? Signature revisions? And then a "boop filter" for every post?

Okay, I'll be polite and let you know that until you return to the realm of normal, I won't be addressing your (completely unhinged) posts.
And maybe you could leave (again) in a huff...If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff...

You miss huffing, doncha Oddsquall.

Lord knows the business of politics is rife with all sorts of dirty tricks; no doubt illegal acts have been commited, maybe by these guys and others. But let's not pretend the democrats haven't done the same kind of thing. I recall the story a few years back in Minnesota I think, where a mentally disabled man was taken to a voting site and told how to vote for the democrats, not understanding what he was doing. Wasn't just the one case either. Sleaze is not exclusive to either party.

Didja check Snopes?

No, why?

I should think you'd want to know if you're parroting something that actually happened - or not.

Voter suppression?

Any millionaire of billionaire can anonymously influence the outcome of an election by donating as much as they want to a Super Pac, and that's okay with Conservatives. But a voter must present a valid, approved photo I.D. at the polling place.

After going through an arduous registration process, of course.

Arduous? Really?

Didja check Snopes?

No, why?

I should think you'd want to know if you're parroting something that actually happened - or not.

Checked snopes. Nothing either way.

Checked Factcheck too. Nothing.

Did find a bunch of stories when I did a Yahoo search. Funny, nothing from the lefties saying it was bogus, but I quit looking after 5 pages. Usually there's a bunch of stories debunking claims like this, but - nothing.

Surely you're not going to argue my point - which is that both parties have been and will be guilty of illegal activities, whether they can be proved or not. I get real tired of people like you pointing fingers at the other side when your side is just as guilty.

Checked snopes. Nothing either way.

Checked Factcheck too. Nothing.

Did find a bunch of stories when I did a Yahoo search. Funny, nothing from the lefties saying it was bogus, but I quit looking after 5 pages. Usually there's a bunch of stories debunking claims like this, but - nothing.

Surely you're not going to argue my point - which is that both parties have been and will be guilty of illegal activities, whether they can be proved or not. I get real tired of people like you pointing fingers at the other side when your side is just as guilty.

Oh, look - I'm a "You people."

You're frantically trying to figure out how to petition for a boop filter, aren't you...

God you're clueless. I mean - I never knew you could get so stupid, so fast. I should have known, you've been here long enough and are dearly hated by many. But you give new meaning to the word stupid.

How sad for you.

Show mercy. What's next? Avatar adjustments? Signature revisions? And then a "boop filter" for every post?

^^
jealous that Boop is likeable

How sad for you.

Okay, I'll be polite and let you know that until you return to the realm of normal, I won't be addressing your (completely unhinged) posts.
And maybe you could leave (again) in a huff...If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff...

okay, now that's funny
:poke:

God you're clueless. I mean - I never knew you could get so stupid, so fast. I should have known, you've been here long enough and are dearly hated by many. But you give new meaning to the word stupid.

How sad for you.

^^
jealous that Boop is likeable

^^^thinks she'll be able to abuse the rep system more effectively now

"Ooh, baby..."

Anyway.

OpEdNews - Article: Romney Hires Voter Suppression Guru

Republic Report has covered how political money can corrupt government by influencing the actions of elected representatives. But professional hacks can also disrupt democracy by interfering with the voting process itself.
Late last year, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign began paying Nathan Sproul, a political consultant with a long history of destroying Democratic voter registration forms and manipulating ballot initiatives. Sproul, who changed his firm's name from Sproul and Associates to Lincoln Strategies, has received over $70,000 from Romney's campaign. Much of the campaign coverage has focused on the rhetoric of surrogates and the role of high-priced television advertisements. But if Sproul continues to play a role in the campaign, and if his previous work is any guide, his firm may have an impact on key swing states.

ThinkProgress covered Sproul and his work for the coal industry. The post, which partially reprinted below, goes through his greatest hits, including evidence that his firm systematically suppressed Democratic overs on behalf of the Bush-Cheney 2004 presidential team and deceiving voters during registration drives in 2006:

How's Team Romney going to spin this one?

That's easy!

"YOO WANT ILLEGALZ TOO VOAT!!! :mad::mad::mad:"

Willow, is that you?

Forum List

Back