How can we measure Reagan's Greatness?

Had those students been killed, rather than being rescued by Reagan, bet you would not say that. But the students do believe Reagan is their hero.
I say worse about Reagan. He introduced America to neoliberalism and we are still stuck with it. Fuck Reagan and fuck his mother too.

20 years of US policy and the poorly executed occupation of Afghanistan caused the Soviet collapse

Reagan can be credited with not taking advantage of the collapse
You should have said "The soviets went broke" I would say, yes and Reagan shoved them into bankruptcy.

Democrat Ronald Wilson of TX was behind our side arming the Fighters of Afghanistan against the Soviets.

You should have said "The soviets went broke" I would say, yes and Reagan shoved them into bankruptcy.

Democrat Ronald Wilson of TX was behind our side arming the Fighters of Afghanistan against the Soviets.
A RW a fantasy
The USSR could not go broke in two years

Why not credit George Bush?
They collapsed under his watch

Oh you mean Ronald Reagan and by the word under the table, you mean the Saudis funded the Contras. Damned clever if you ask me to sidestep the Boland amendment.
Stop to ask this. If what Reagan did was wrong, why didn't the Congress impeach him?
Probably a matter of proof and political strong arming. Just because I couldn't see it going on, run from the basement of the white house without presidential knowledge, does not mean there was proof of it, and I think Col. North knowingly let himself be the single fall guy, but undoubtedly figuring on pardon and Daddy Bush former CIA director did become the next president. In hindsight, very convenient, neat and tidy. I am not sure congress really had the stomach for it. It wasn't quite the blood sport it is now.

Probably a matter of proof and political strong arming. Just because I couldn't see it going on, run from the basement of the white house without presidential knowledge, does not mean there was proof of it, and I think Col. North knowingly let himself be the single fall guy, but undoubtedly figuring on pardon and Daddy Bush former CIA director did become the next president. In hindsight, very convenient, neat and tidy. I am not sure congress really had the stomach for it. It wasn't quite the blood sport it is now.
North and Poindexter made the deal with the people who got the Saudis to fund the Contras. The Boland amendment in my opinion could not pass muster with the constitution since it limited a president's power.

A RW a fantasy

Sure, that is fair. Had this been Bush's idea, I would have given him credit. It was Reagan's plans and actions in play. The USSR if you think way back was very broke when it collapsed.

I say worse about Reagan. He introduced America to neoliberalism and we are still stuck with it. Fuck Reagan and fuck his mother too.
Nope, Reagan didn't do that. Can you show evidence?

Did you actually enjoy communism? Reagan really hammered them.

Nope, Reagan didn't do that. Can you show evidence?

Did you actually enjoy communism? Reagan really hammered them.
Guess you're still waiting for your trickle down prosperity. It has to kick in any minute now, huh

Guess you're still waiting for your trickle down prosperity. It has to kick in any minute now, huh
Why use the Democrats name when you can use the right name used by Reagan?

Why use the Democrats name when you can use the right name used by Reagan?
027.jpg

I recommend you read the book "Reagan the man and his presidency" I posted the cover of the book. Frankly it will surprise you at the many excellent things Reagan did for America.

Biden never claimed to be a "small government" guy

And don't take this as me defending senile Joe. it's just a fact.
My point is that Reagan did not spend all that much when things are considered. Such as what was Congress role. With Biden, the Congress is trying to restrict him.

Reagan had the Grace commission which pointed out waste and fraud in Government and Reagan reduced both.

The Private Sector Survey on Cost Control (PSSCC), commonly referred to as the Grace Commission, was an investigation requested by United States President Ronald Reagan, authorized in Executive Order 12369 on June 30, 1982. In doing so President Reagan used the now famous phrase, "Drain the swamp".[1] The focus was on eliminating waste and inefficiency in the US Federal government. The head of the commission, businessman J. Peter Grace,[2] asked the members of that commission to "Be bold and work like tireless bloodhounds, don't leave any stone unturned in your search to root out inefficiency."[3]

Report[edit]​

The Grace Commission report[4] was presented to Congress in January 1984. The report showed that if its recommendations were followed, $424 billion could be saved in three years, rising to $1.9 trillion per year by the year 2000. It estimated that the national debt, without these reforms, would rise to $13 trillion by the year 2000, while with the reforms they projected it would rise to only $2.5 trillion.[5] The report's recommendations that intruded into policy were ignored by Congress, but many other efficiency recommendations were considered and some were implemented.[6]

The US national debt reached $5.6 trillion in the year 2000[7][8] and reached 13 trillion in 2010 after the subprime mortgage-collateralized debt obligation crisis in 2008.

My point is that Reagan did not spend all that much when things are considered. Such as what was Congress role. With Biden, the Congress is trying to restrict him.

Reagan had the Grace commission which pointed out waste and fraud in Government and Reagan reduced both.

The Private Sector Survey on Cost Control (PSSCC), commonly referred to as the Grace Commission, was an investigation requested by United States President Ronald Reagan, authorized in Executive Order 12369 on June 30, 1982. In doing so President Reagan used the now famous phrase, "Drain the swamp".[1] The focus was on eliminating waste and inefficiency in the US Federal government. The head of the commission, businessman J. Peter Grace,[2] asked the members of that commission to "Be bold and work like tireless bloodhounds, don't leave any stone unturned in your search to root out inefficiency."[3]

Report[edit]​

The Grace Commission report[4] was presented to Congress in January 1984. The report showed that if its recommendations were followed, $424 billion could be saved in three years, rising to $1.9 trillion per year by the year 2000. It estimated that the national debt, without these reforms, would rise to $13 trillion by the year 2000, while with the reforms they projected it would rise to only $2.5 trillion.[5] The report's recommendations that intruded into policy were ignored by Congress, but many other efficiency recommendations were considered and some were implemented.[6]

The US national debt reached $5.6 trillion in the year 2000[7][8] and reached 13 trillion in 2010 after the subprime mortgage-collateralized debt obligation crisis in 2008.
Reagan at the time spent more than any president before him besides FDR.

He increased the debt more than any president since FDR

He was NOT a small government guy as he used to like to say

it can be argued that Reagan set the precedent for the borrow and spend government we have today.

A RW a fantasy

And George the globalist went right to war. Once we went into the Middle East it became an endless quagmire.

Vietnam was a two phase war. Phase 1 was negotiated successfully with the Vietnamese by the Nixon team. Phase 2 happened 2 years later when the North Vietnamese invaded again the South and conquered the South. So the proper statement is that South Vietnam lost the war.
I agree with you on what he did. Reagan also went hard against Communism leading the Soviet Union to collapse.
Phase 2 was due to the Eurocentric betrayal and the hippie rebellion.

Forum List

Back