How Democratic is your name?

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
How Democratic is your name? ? Clarity Campaign Labs

Don't be upset by the word "Democratic", is refers to Democracy, not just the Democratic party. :)

All the program does is keep a list of the first names of all registered voters in the USA and when you type a name in, it tells you, per pie graph and description, how many registered voters in the USA have that name, by party breakdown. There are a couple of other statistics there (own a gun, go to weekly religious services, have a college degree).

Some examples (none of these are my name):​

Democraticnamesearch-John_zpsc0fa11c1.png

Democraticnamesearch-Jane_zps96f5ffdd.png

Democraticnamesearch-Joel_zpsb463f24d.png

Democraticnamesearch-Susan_zpsb784ff93.png

Democraticnamesearch-Walter_zps1ca34629.png

Those were pretty common names. Now to some, uh, less common names:​

Democraticnamesearch-Rapunzel_zps41138a1f.png

Democraticnamesearch-Gaspard_zpsc990d8cb.png

Who doesn't wanna be one of these?

Democraticnamesearch-Champ_zps8b730da4.png

Older than snot:

Democraticnamesearch-Methuselah_zpsd1e5f184.png

Who would be fruity enough to do this to a kid?

Democraticnamesearch-Kiwi_zpsf07be677.png

Oh, and [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] :

Democraticnamesearch-Pogo_zps3f0df42b.png

:D :D

If you want to play, my recommendation is that you if you publish anything with a screenshot, do NOT pick your own name, for privacy purposes. My first name is in the top 30 and is a "Republican" leaning name. :)

In the next posting, I will be going through the solar system...

Maybe you want to find a topic and see how many RV in the USA have a name that belongs to the topic, like fruits, vegetables, meats, spices, animals, trees, stones....

Have fun.

No, [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION], "Cereal" is not in the mix. I haz the sadz!!! :lol:

Last edited:
  • Banned
From the name of the Sun to the name of our (former) last planet (Pluto is no longer classsified as a planet), plus some interesting moons in the mix:

Democraticnamesearch-Sol_zps73491c87.png

"Sol" is the scientific term for the Sun.

Democraticnamesearch-Mercury_zps2c804ef4.png

Democraticnamesearch-Venus_zpsb255c8cf.png

Democraticnamesearch-Earth_zps2c7bfff6.png

(Yes, there really are voters in the USA with the first name of "Earth"...)

Democraticnamesearch-Luna_zps6f4d15de.png

"Luna" is the historical and scientific name for Earth's solitary trabant.

Democraticnamesearch-Mars_zps41c5a62f.png

Democraticnamesearch-Demos_zps286419f3.png

The other moon orbiting Mars, Phobos, is not in the databank. Shucks!!

Democraticnamesearch-Jupiter_zps2e1174df.png

Democraticnamesearch-Uranus_zpse2eb8436.png

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Someone named "Uranus" and must go through his whole life with that name....

Democraticnamesearch-Neptune_zpsf6b579e9.png

Democraticnamesearch-Triton_zps4f04459a.png

Triton is one of the more well known moons in our Solar System, orbiting Neptune, which is my favorite planet outside our own.

Democraticnamesearch-Pluto_zpsf8673cfb.png

BTW, there are many more moons than that to research, anyone else who is in the mood can look here, for starters:

List of Jupiter's moons - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Saturn's moons - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Uranus' moons - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Neptune's moons - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:D

Apparently, my name is slightly Republican.

55% of my name have college degrees. 48% own a gun.

You learn something new every day.

My name is also 55% Republican, 48% have a gun, 54% attend religious services, 58% have a college degree...

...hmmmm.....

:eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty:

:D:D

Well...we don't pick our names, doe we? Our parents do!

I'm split 46.8 to 53.2, with a 55.8% chance of having a gun in the house. The religious odds and stats for higher ed are on target, but I'm as liberal as you'll find, and a gun? In MY house? :rolleyes:

Don't tell anyone but "Pogo" isn't my real name... :eusa_shhh:

Of course that brings up the question "which name" -- the one you're born with, the one you choose to identify with or some combination? In my case if I use my actual first name I'm slightly Republican and definitely have a college degree.

But I don't use my first name and nor does anyone else. So if I put in my middle name that I actually do willingly use, I get more Republican, I suddenly start going to church, and I lose my college degree.

Always swimming against the tide.. sigh...

Of course that brings up the question "which name" -- the one you're born with, the one you choose to identify with or some combination? In my case if I use my actual first name I'm slightly Republican and definitely have a college degree.

But I don't use my first name and nor does anyone else. So if I put in my middle name that I actually do willingly use, I get more Republican, I suddenly start going to church, and I lose my college degree.

Hard row to hoe, what???

Hard row to hoe, what???

If that ain't bad enough, as Barb noted we don't pick our names, our parents do -- so I put them in there and...

Damn. All my life, I never knew my mother was packin'.... :ack-1:

I've got my doubts about this here site....

Furthermore, I tried a couple of other names and all I get is "not in the database". Are you shittin' me? No registered voters named Plaxico? Or Akiel the One-Eyed?

Last edited:

Hard row to hoe, what???

If that ain't bad enough, as Barb noted we don't pick our names, our parents do -- so I put them in there and...

Damn. All my life, I never knew my mother was packin'.... :ack-1:

I've got my doubts about this here site....

Furthermore, I tried a couple of other names and all I get is "not in the database". Are you shittin' me? No registered voters named Plaxico? Or Akiel the One-Eyed?

Try Gollum or Sauron. No go.

Sigh....

This is by far one of the most interesting threads I've ever read on an Internet forum.

Good work, Statistikhengst!!!

Oh, and I am proud to say that I am not in the site's database.

I guess that means that we Sharts are fascists.

Last edited:
This is by far one of the most interesting threads I've ever read on an Internet forum.

Uh, ok, thanks.

Never thought the name Shart would show up, it's kind of new, you know.... uhh...

Uh, ok, thanks.

Never thought the name Shart would show up, it's kind of new, you know.... uhh...

This guy?

6a00d8341c630a53ef01538f812756970b-320wi

Oh wait, he's Canadian. He won't have a gun.

Forum List

Back