How do you explain Natural Rights to a Liberal who believes rights depend on Govt?

These Libtards thinks collective rights trumps individual rights.

Typical deranged Leftest mindset.

For instance, they think they can infringe upon the individual right to keep and bear arms regardless of the Bill of Rights saying it is illegal to do so.

Gladly subject themselves to is a funny way of describing someone they've stripped of all real power. The royal family are like pets they pamper and parade around more than ruthless monarchs. Hasn't been that way for some time. Crack a book every now and then my guy. 😄
/——-/

1. Does King Charles III actually have anything to say in the UK?​

If King Charles III does not agree with a law passed in parliament, he can block it. He can dismiss the prime minister on his own initiative if he does not like him, can refuse to dissolve parliament if the prime minister asks for it and has the power to declare war on countries.

Maybe someone should explain to you what governance means, Dipshit. 😄
Hahaha….Silly unAmerican Tard….ALL Governance in America pivots from and derives from our founding documents.
”We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

/——-/

1. Does King Charles III actually have anything to say in the UK?​

If King Charles III does not agree with a law passed in parliament, he can block it. He can dismiss the prime minister on his own initiative if he does not like him, can refuse to dissolve parliament if the prime minister asks for it and has the power to declare war on countries.
Sure he does. 😄 Brits would definitely follow King Charles into war. But only if he wore Joan of Arcs armor. He has the build.

Maybe you learn some stuff first.

What are "rights"?
We can look at the progression of "rights" from the Magna Carta in 1215 to the English Bill of Rights and then the US Bill of Rights.

"Rights" are merely deciding who gets power.

They're not given by God. They're a human construct. We know this, they didn't exist before 1215, and even then "rights" were merely the rich dudes in England taking power from the King who had had absolute power. The English Bill of Rights also appeared when the monarchy was weak and they they could take that power.

The US Bill of Rights was written by humans, taking power away from the Federal government in the US.

All your rights are dependent upon POWER. Those who have power can do whatever they can get away with. If there are limits on those powers, they can try and erode those powers. Look at Xi in China. He's taken ALL THE POWER. He didn't have it all, he had a lot, and he locked up all his opponents under the guise of "anti-corruption" and now he's got it all.
The same could EASILY happen in the US. What Trump is doing is eroding confidence in the institution of the government, if people rise up and overthrow the government, who's going to take the power? Chances are it'd be taken by a small, select group of people who'd use that power to do whatever they liked.

^^^See, emilynghiem? You can't explain the concept of natural rights to a government supremacist. They simply aren't capable of understanding it. Their minds are too small.

Hahaha….Silly unAmerican Tard….ALL Governance in America pivots from and derives from our founding documents.
”We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
Oh well they wrote it on parchment so that must make it real. 😄

Also I have a ten inch penis as endowed by my creator.

Hahaha….All filthy fucks are the same….they stop believing in “fantasy” so they can live an immoral, indecent lifestyle without harboring any guilt. It’s so much easier to live as a filthy Leftist.
I wonder why fewer and fewer people are signing up to be saddled with unnecessary guilt. 😄 Guilt must not be an appealing philosophy to the better educated.

A friend was alarmed I would endorse any kind of Conservative or Republican narrative or agenda seen as a threat to women's rights. How do you explain that if you already depend on govt for rights then you are not free?

Doesn't real freedom mean you have rights that are "inalienable" i.e., with or without govt endorsing them.

I tried to respond as below.
Should I try harder to make the point that the way to protect and claim rights is to practice and enforce them directly?

How would you explain this in plain terms?

RE: "What rights of women are you willing to sacrifice by supporting Conservatives or Republicans pushing prolife laws"

Women and all other groups of people need to learn how to practice enforce and represent our own rights. It's called ownership. And self governance. Equal empowerment. Do you know how in church history, the masses used to be illiterate people who depended on priests to read, write and have authority over the laws -- until Luther insisted that people learn the laws directly and embrace authority of law through Jesus to connect with God directly by faith. NOT by relying on priests as the middleman between people and God because Jesus already fulfills that. Well today we're going through a similar Reformation where people assume equally authority and responsibility as the state. We learn the laws and embody them directly. With spiritual laws we the people become one as the church. With natural laws, Jesus also fulfills that path as Justice to bring peace. We all make this process of peace through justice happen equally.
Rights are not given by government....they are protected (or not) by government.

Forum List

Back