how does a air craft carrier run into or visa versa a ship almost its size?

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
7 sailors missing from US Navy warship involved in collision, US admiral says
1497660037088.jpg

As a navy vet, this type of shit is unprecedented.......unbelievable....as big as the sea, and they didn't see each other? Somebody got some splaining to do and poor Obama will be blamed somehow....anybody want to place a bet?

1497660037088.jpg

As a navy vet, this type of shit is unprecedented.......unbelievable....as big as the sea, and they didn't see each other? Somebody got some splaining to do and poor Obama will be blamed somehow....anybody want to place a bet?

Has anybody blamed global warming or the Russians yet?

1497660037088.jpg

it wasnt a Carrier....as a so called Navy Vet one would think you would be able to see this....

1497660037088.jpg

Good for you for not slamming whitey for a change. I'm thinking it likely had nothing to do with racism, more like someone sleeping at the helm.

1497660037088.jpg

it wasnt a Carrier....as a so called Navy Vet one would think you would be able to see this....
She never left the Naval Base kitchen.

Trump states a US fleet is sailing for North Korea, it in fact is headed to the Indian Ocean 3,000 miles away.

One could imagine Trump up at night tweeting steering orders to a US navy ship "go to the right, the left is fake ocean, it's totally fake". "Sir there is a ship in our path" "It's fake, totally fake ship, put it in third gear and drive straight, it'll be great, terrific, trust me".

The container ship is over 100 ft longer than the destroyer and made a loop around at the time of the collision and came in at an angle.

1497660037088.jpg

Maybe it was dark?

1497660037088.jpg

Maybe it was dark?

Dear, I was in the Navy for 10 years and I'm very familiar with this carrier....trust me, you have watch, a look out to avoid collisions like this and I'm 1000 percent sure, both ships had look outs...this is something that should never ever ever ever happen. As a matter of fact, there are countless warning systems aboard both ships to detect anything within a certain rage of your space....somebody wasn't paying attention.

1497660037088.jpg

Maybe it was dark?

Big ships turn VERY slowly and depend on course plotting in advanced. Someone screwed up their calculations. My guess is the tanker crew is at fault, but that is just a guess.

1497660037088.jpg

Maybe it was dark?

Dear, I was in the Navy for 10 years and I'm very familiar with this carrier....trust me, you have watch, a look out to avoid collisions like this and I'm 1000 percent sure, both ships had look outs...this is something that should never ever ever ever happen. As a matter of fact, there are countless warning systems aboard both ships to detect anything within a certain rage of your space....somebody wasn't paying attention.

It's a destroyer, dumbass.

The container ship is over 100 ft longer than the destroyer and made a loop around at the time of the collision and came in at an angle.
There are countless warning mechanism aboard both ships to detect something within your range, there are also sailors who are on watch to see things also....somebody wasn't doing their job.

1497660037088.jpg

Maybe it was dark?

It's a destroyer, dumbass.
My bad, I actually saw this ship in Port when I was stationed in Hawaii back in the day on the island of Oahu. Most were air craft carriers.

Where were the Russians and Trump? How much ice cream did Trump have? Where is matthews doll?

Minister on Cabinet Office probe into Kake docs- News - NHK WORLD - English
Collided ship turns right angle
A record aboard a Philippine container ship involved in a collision with a US destroyer shows that it took a sharp right turn southeast of the Izu Peninsula around 1:30 AM, about an hour before the collision was reported.

The record shows that the merchant ship, the ACX Crystal, then navigated east for about 30 minutes before making a U-turn and doubling back into the waters where the collision took place.

The ship left Nagoya, central Japan, for Tokyo on Friday evening, and passed south of the Izu Peninsula on Friday at midnight.

DCeb9OiW0AAG1HB

Very interesting...any link to support that?

It isn't a carrier. Any Navy personnel knows that. You are full of crap, as usual.
1497660037088.jpg

Maybe it was dark?

J

1497660037088.jpg

Beat me to it.....

Forum List

Back