how does a air craft carrier run into or visa versa a ship almost its size?

7 sailors missing from US Navy warship involved in collision, US admiral says
1497660037088.jpg

As a navy vet, this type of shit is unprecedented.......unbelievable....as big as the sea, and they didn't see each other? Somebody got some splaining to do and poor Obama will be blamed somehow....anybody want to place a bet?
Maybe it was dark?

Dear, I was in the Navy for 10 years and I'm very familiar with this carrier....trust me, you have watch, a look out to avoid collisions like this and I'm 1000 percent sure, both ships had look outs...this is something that should never ever ever ever happen. As a matter of fact, there are countless warning systems aboard both ships to detect anything within a certain rage of your space....somebody wasn't paying attention.

Triggered59, that is not a carrier. I have a crazy friend that's ex-Navy. She worked on a ship like that, which is not a carrier.

The OP has stated in the past that she is a Navy veteran, however, her service is not the topic of this thread, so move past it, please, and discuss the article. Thanks
sorry Taz i think it might.....if one says they were in the Navy for 10 years and does not see that a carrier was not in that picture.....that says something....

The OP has stated in the past that she is a Navy veteran, however, her service is not the topic of this thread, so move past it, please, and discuss the article. Thanks
sorry Taz i think it might.....if one says they were in the Navy for 10 years and does not see that a carrier was not in that picture.....that says something....
Let's be fair. It was a big thing floating on that blue stuff. Even an admiral might have mixed them up.

Tiger proves shes one dumb nigg@r yet again. 10 years in the Navy and "she" calls the side of a destroyer a fucking aircraft carrier.

I'm sorry Taz, but I must respectfully disagree. When stupid does stupid, stupid must be pointed out. "She" stated it was a carrier and "she" then said it was her decade of experience telling her this. She didn't even say "might" be a carrier. She said she knows it was one.

Dear, I was in the Navy for 10 years and I'm very familiar with this carrier.

Her words, not ours. Her ass is so stuffed full of crow right now they are chewing on her intestines. Bad memory doesn't morph a destroyer into a fucking carrier. Not even a drunk seaman would make that mistake.

God I love this forum.

Last edited:
I think some Jurassic Park shit happened on that container ship

7 sailors missing from US Navy warship involved in collision, US admiral says
1497660037088.jpg

As a navy vet, this type of shit is unprecedented.......unbelievable....as big as the sea, and they didn't see each other? Somebody got some splaining to do and poor Obama will be blamed somehow....anybody want to place a bet?
What did they fly off it RC planes ? I'm not even a Squid and I can tell the difference between a Destroyer and a Carrier . and your suppose to be ex-Navy riiiight.

I can understand not knowing ships but aircraft carriers are very different than anything else, a monster flat deck and tiny superstructure can't be confused for anything else.

But I'm going with the Russian angle on this one. They hacked the radars.

It's possible that the Container ship purposely rammed the USS Fitzgerald...
I was thinking the same thing.
When you look at how the cargo ship was maneuvering before the collision, it looks like it could have been intentional.

Forum List

Back