How, exactly, will Trump "NOT accept the results of the election"?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
I don't get it.

If Hillary is somehow declared the winner, will Trump stand up and say, "No, I'm the President, not her!"?

I doubt it.

Or will he simply start filing lawsuits demanding recounts, filing to inspect the 4 million ineligible people said to have voted? The thousands of altered ballots in Indiana? The precincts in Philadelphia where ballot-counters announced that 100.000% of the voters voted for Democrat... despite the news media turning up (without even trying) at least a few who said they voted Republican?

In other words, will Trump simply start doing what Al Gore did in 2000?

And Democrats are now objecting?

If Trump wins, will thousands of Democrats start shouting, "He's not MY President!!!", as they did when GWB won in 2000?

If Joe Blow from Denver announces, "I thinks Hillary stole the election with her lies, her campaign's paid disruptions of Trump rallies, her getting debate questions in advance, etc. etc., I don't believe she's really the winner, and I won't regard her as President!"

...So what? Will anybody pay attention to him? He can say whatever he wants, but after the election it will change nothing.

If Trump loses and says, "I don't accept the results of this election!"... to quote a famous Presidential nominee, "at that point what difference will it make?"

Or does he mean he will simply start filing lawsuits to look into what happened... as is every American citizen's right?

Let's just say, Obama needs to order extra security at all of the nation's bird sanctuaries on election day

"How, exactly, will Trump "NOT accept the results of the election"?"

Does "how" really matter? Of course it doesn't. Is there any suitable way to deny the legitimacy of the means by which we transfer political power in the U.S? There is none.

Gore did no such thing . Florida's vote was so close it triggered a recount .

Trump will rant about for years on the new Trump TV network, trying to delegitimize her presidency.

(yawn)

From Wikipedia:
... under the strategy that Al Gore pursued at the beginning of the Florida recount — filing suit to force hand recounts in four predominantly Democratic counties — Bush would have kept his lead, according to the ballot review conducted by the consortium.

Does "how" really matter? Of course it doesn't. Is there any suitable way to deny the legitimacy of the means by which we transfer political power in the U.S? There is none.
You have to wonder. Suppose Trump loses, and starts filing lawsuits as I described. And they turn up massive evidence of voter fraud, millions of votes from ineligible voters, altered documents, etc. etc., in quantities sufficient to exceed the margin of the election? And the judge bangs the gavel and says Trump won the lawsuits?

Then what? The election still took place, the ballot were duly counted, the winner officially certified.

Then what do the American people do?

I doubt it will happen, even if Hillary somehow wins. The Democrats are far too good at concealing evidence, deleting documents, silencing witnesses, etc.

Trump won't accept the results, he's gonna move to whichever state voted the most for him, and then he's going to start assembling a militia of his supporters so that they can "take our country back again", so that he and his followers can "make America great again" after the civil war that he will incite.

Trump won't accept the results, he's gonna move to whichever state voted the most for him, and then he's going to start assembling a militia of his supporters so that they can "take our country back again", so that he and his followers can "make America great again" after the civil war that he will incite.
Any evidence of any of this?

I didn't think so.

You have to wonder. Suppose Trump loses, and starts filing lawsuits as I described. And they turn up massive evidence of voter fraud, millions of votes from ineligible voters, altered documents, etc. etc., in quantities sufficient to exceed the margin of the election? And the judge bangs the gavel and says Trump won the lawsuits?

Then what? The election still took place, the ballot were duly counted, the winner officially certified.

I doubt it will happen, even if Hillary somehow wins. The Democrats are far too good at concealing evidence, deleting documents, silencing witnesses, etc.

"Even if Hillary somehow wins.".

Sounds like you've had a big heaping glass of the Kool Aid and are already thinking that Trump is going to have the election stolen from him, because in your mind, he's already won.

Red:
No, I don't. Some folks may "have to wonder," but I'm not among them. That's a bridge I'll cross when we get there.

Any evidence of any of this?

I didn't think so.

Sarcasm and satire quite often elude you, don't they?

"Even if Hillary somehow wins.".

Sounds like you've had a big heaping glass of the Kool Aid and are already thinking that Trump is going to have the election stolen from him, because in your mind, he's already won.

Good Lord, the machinations one must go through to conceive that line of thought. Wouldn't now not be too soon to invoke Occam and his razor?

And then he demanded more recounts, recounts of the recounts, and attempted to cherry pick areas he thought would benefit himself. Finally the SC said enough was enough and stopped it. Thankfully, the transition of power in our country has always been orderly and peaceful, not marked with bloodshed or violence. I see that continuing. If there are election law violations, I hope they are uncovered, whether it changes the outcome or not.

TRANSLATION: I can't reply to the actual topic, so I'll attack the messenger instead and pretend he said things he didn't. Then bash him for that.

:rolleyes-41:

TRANSLATION: I can't reply to the actual topic, so I'll attack the messenger instead and pretend he said things he didn't. Then bash him for that.

:rolleyes-41:

Hey, you're the one that said "even if Hillary somehow wins". From the sound of that sentence, you're already thinking that Trump is going to win.

Trump's cries of fraud are unsupported by evidence. His claim he will contest the election is either petulance gone wild or his attempt at Birtherism redux.

Either way you slice it, it shows Trump is unfit to be President.

Forum List

Back