How far will the corona virus hysteria go?

Things will be back to 'normal' by September with 98% of us still alive.

Probably.

unless it mutates badly.

When this virus runs its course it will be viewed as a bad flu that we got a handle on and Trump will be viewed as a hero.....too many people are recovering from it for it to be the new plague that the media hopes it is....
..except that this is not the flu, lol.

89779166_10218335558952980_3187698347402067968_n.jpg
That chart is fallacious because there is no accurate control number to base the rate on. No clear denominator.

This is not going to end well. For one thing the country is not unified. Democrats are convinced that Trump.created and spread the virus. Republicans correctly understand that democrats have blown a minor illness completely out of proportion and is using the hoax to strip away our constitutional rights. Not only does neither side trust the other but both sides are convinced of the evil intent of the other.

In such a volatile mix the last thing you want is people sitting home nursing those grievances. Yet here we stupidly are doing that very thing.
That is crazy and dead wrong. Democrats do not believe trump created and spread the virus, Tipsy. You should be ashamed to suggest it. They even know that he locked down travel from China to stop it. But, they also know that he told us all this was not going to be a serous thing. Speaking for the administration Kudlow even said it was almost totally contained. Then the people started dying at the nursing home in Kirkland, Wa. Trump over rode instructions from CDC and brought back those people from the cruise ship, officials over rode objections from CDC and even brought them back on the same airplane, the sick and the uninfected. Administration had them met in California with personnel not properly brief on precautions and unprotected from the disease themselves and they spread it in the long beach area and return home to bring it to cities in the eastern United States. The president was more worried about the economy and how this looked for his campaign than those that were getting sick and minimized the danger and effects we were to see. The infection at the nursing home ran rampant and still is. Nothing trump said has turned out to be true. He lied to the country and the country knows it. His own pronouncement spooked the financial industry and destroy chunks of the public's retirement account and still he minimized the danger. His erroneous statements, outright falsehoods and missteps of his administration's response, handling the pandemic have made it worse, for for our country. Most of us not panicking, while others panic just because sports team owners, not wanting to risk their players or endanger fans shut down sports entertainment, causing another cry across the land. The country hears republicans trying to compare to Obama, but the public knows Obama is not president, Trump is in charge of this fiasco and that fact scares them. The panic buying will end, my guess within 3 weeks, even though the infection numbers are going to go way, way up, because now, they are starting to test for it, those it is no longer containable and the public knows that also. It does not help that there are Republicans (some right here on this board) still minimizing, saying it will mainly effect older Americans and poor Democrats, as cold, uncaring, and heartless as that sounds. We are in for a rough road, but panic in the herd is wasted energy. Right wing trump supporters need to be rallying around their country, not their President. He's toast.
It depends on which Democrats are talking. Turn on the TV and there is no shortage of Democratic mouthpieces blaming Trump for his incompetence. Apparently he was supposed to be able to snap his fingers and have 10 million COVID-19 test kits drop out of the sky. Since he didn't he is directly responsible for the spread and subsequent deaths, so say the mouthpieces. They don't all say it, but you can't claim "Democrats aren't saying that". Maybe you aren't but many of your leaders are.

That chart is fallacious because there is no accurate control number to base the rate on. No clear denominator.
I dont understand your point. It is the mortality rate of those who go in for treatment for either the flu or COVID19, broken down by age group.
This is not a study that requires a control group or baseline.

I dont understand your point. It is the mortality rate of those who go in for treatment for either the flu or COVID19, broken down by age group.
This is not a study that requires a control group or baseline.
There is no clear number of actual coronavirus infections to base the death rate against.
So Korea’s numbers are probably the most comprehensive and the rates are significantly lower as a result.

There is no clear number of actual coronavirus infections to base the death rate against.
So Korea’s numbers are probably the most comprehensive and the rates are significantly lower as a result.
And what disease is there a 100% accurate count of those infected?

We dont know the exact number of people who get the flu, measels, mumps or just about any other communicable disease.

We base our stats on the number of people who seek treatment.

It is all we can do.

And what disease is there a 100% accurate count of those infected?

We dont know the exact number of people who get the flu, measels, mumps or just about any other communicable disease.

We base our stats on the number of people who seek treatment.

It is all we can do.
Right. But many many cases of corona go undetected because of no symptoms. People with flu almost always develop symptoms.

Right. But many many cases of corona go undetected because of no symptoms. People with flu almost always develop symptoms.
I dont think that is completely true.
A person can get the flu virus, as I understand it, and yet not develop symptoms, but they cant pass it on either. Some people are healthy enough to defeat some viruses during the incubation period.
Even those who get flu symptoms do not necessarily seek treatment. I never do, I just bury myself under six blankets till the fever breaks, lol.

I dont think that is completely true.
A person can get the flu virus, as I understand it, and yet not develop symptoms, but they cant pass it on either. Some people are healthy enough to defeat some viruses during the incubation period.
Even those who get flu symptoms do not necessarily seek treatment. I never do, I just bury myself under six blankets till the fever breaks, lol.
I doubt that the asymptomatic of flu are nearly as common as with corona as So Korea testing demonstrates.

More like 99.99% percent of us, but who's counting.
Lol, tell that to Italy.

View attachment 312744
Italy’s numbers are skewed by the disproportion of elderly.
Got a link on the proportions for Italy?
Why are deaths from coronavirus so high in Italy? | Live Science
That does not really break it down by age group, but it does talk about the older average age of the population.

More bad news for Europe
map shows percent older than 65y.o.
upload_2020-3-16_2-22-6.png

Italy is doing better than that. 2000 deaths out of 60,000,000 people is a really small percentage.
Dude, this thing is JUST STARTING.

Flus run for about 9 months, this thing has been rampant through Italy for all of about 3 weeks.

Talk about how minimal the numbers are July 31st, shall we?

More like 99.99% percent of us, but who's counting.
Lol, tell that to Italy.

View attachment 312744
Italy’s numbers are skewed by the disproportion of elderly.
Got a link on the proportions for Italy?
Why are deaths from coronavirus so high in Italy? | Live Science
That does not really break it down by age group, but it does talk about the older average age of the population.

More bad newss for Europe

View attachment 312748
It did report that a significant number were in their 80’s and 90’s.

Italy is doing better than that. 2000 deaths out of 60,000,000 people is a really small percentage.
Dude, this thing is JUST STARTING.

Flus run for about 9 months, this thing has been rampant through Italy for all of about 3 weeks.

Talk about how minimal the numbers are July 31st, shall we?
Time for a MOAB on that Chinese bioweapons lab.

It did report that a significant number were in their 80’s and 90’s.
True.

Please note I am not rooting for this thing to be worse than expectations. I am just trying to have a realistic view of what is happening, and I suspect this thing, by end of the year, will be far worse than the Spanish Flu, unless we get a miracle vaccine and cure.

Forum List

Back