How is it a person is identified as conservative or liberal?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
How has it came to be in this country that a person's political identity has became an identifying trait like height, weight, race, religion, etc, etc? It is so fuckin bizarre sometimes how some people are identified as either liberal or conservative ahead of everything else about them. A political party can be conservative or liberal because that is something that identifies the organization itself but I don't see how a person can have those things seemingly fused into their soul. People participate in political organizations but that doesn't mean they become that organizations identity.

How has it came to be in this country that a person's political identity has became an identifying trait like height, weight, race, religion, etc, etc? It is so fuckin bizarre sometimes how some people are identified as either liberal or conservative ahead of everything else about them. A political party can be conservative or liberal because that is something that identifies the organization itself but I don't see how a person can have those things seemingly fused into their soul. People participate in political organizations but that doesn't mean they become that organizations identity.

It does if they allow it to. I see people who align with a party which they sense most closely reflects their ideals. But in the pursuit of winning they become more loyal to the party and less loyal to their own ideals. Then the whole thing devolves into name calling and finger pointing. We are an intelligent being, aren't we?

You're describing the "country" known as USMB. If you step away from the Internet and the TV for a few moments, you'll discover an entirely different world.

Forum List

Back