How MAD are YOU going to be when Romney steps in after Cruz, Jeb, and everyone else loses steam?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
For the 2016 GOP nominee?

ROMNEY INSIDER He s Running - Business Insider

MORE ON POTENTIAL FOR ROMNEY 2016 — A senior Republican who has met with Mitt Romney describes the 2012 GOP nominee’s pitch to Wall Street donors in recent meetings this way: “He tells people not to commit to a candidate that is not their first choice and that they aren’t excited about. He does not think much of the current field and does not think it is jelling. He still views himself as the leader of the establishment wing of the Republican Party.

“It’s definitely a change in his message [tilted more toward running].” The Republican added that Romney’s decision does not depend on whether or not Jeb Bush gets in. “He does not feel he owes the Bushes anything and does not think Jeb is the defacto leader of the establishment GOP.”

More on possible Romney 2016 bid Welcome to jobs day Does admin need a markets person - POLITICO Morning Money - POLITICO.com
Nice :) His foresight has been immensely vindicated since his 2012 campaign. He is the best establishment candidate out there.

Really wondering why Cruz isn't just surging in dominant popularity when he's what all of these 10's of millions of "real conservatives" who have been staying home from voting for years have wanted.

Which swing states do you foresee Cruz carrying with his no-holds-barred right-winger "shut it down when I don't get what I want" message?

Last edited:
If you guys run Magic Underpants and the Dancing Horse again, I will be thrilled. Nothing like a three-time loser. Sounds just like you little morons.

If you guys run Magic Underpants and the Dancing Horse again, I will be thrilled. Nothing like a three-time loser. Sounds just like you little morons.
Democrats are framing Hillary as an unprecedented gift from God. If she were unbeatable she would never have lost to Pres. Obama in 08. Romney is noticeably flawed and has lost twice. He also is the most liked failed general election nominee in 20+ years. Dole, Kerry, McCain, etc were never getting the sort of love Romney has been getting upon his defeat

Outside of the internet people love Romney. He's been vindicated immensely and ties with Hillary in polling

The definition of insanity.
I hate this general argument as it is applied as a rule in life. "We had some promising results here but things didn't work out entirely as we wanted. No sense trying this again". I'll never understand that

Democrats are framing Hillary as an unprecedented gift from God. If she were unbeatable she would never have lost to Pres. Obama in 08. Romney is noticeably flawed and has lost twice. He also is the most liked failed general election nominee in 20+ years. Dole, Kerry, McCain, etc were never getting the sort of love Romney has been getting upon

If Romney runs again, 5 million+ anti-Mormons will stay home again.
It is a ticket to disaster.

Democrats are framing Hillary as an unprecedented gift from God. If she were unbeatable she would never have lost to Pres. Obama in 08. Romney is noticeably flawed and has lost twice. He also is the most liked failed general election nominee in 20+ years. Dole, Kerry, McCain, etc were never getting the sort of love Romney has been getting upon his defeat
So run him. And just because Hillary didn't get the nod the first time means nothing on that account since neither did Magic Underpants. Then again maybe it does since he lost.

That's unfortunate. You run him and you lose. It really is that simple.

Anti-mormons are mainly a section (not all, a section) of evangelical GOP voters who have been threatening to completely break off from the GOP for years though (Palin and Huckabee as two quick examples) and are always complaining about "establishment RINOs".

It comes down to whether or not a right-of-center candidate like Mitt could pull in enough centrist and undecided voters to make up for the loss of votes he'd get from people who just, based on their values and beliefs (and this is understandable, I get it) do not want to vote for a Mormon

I'll never understand how far-rights will use voting stats against an establishment candidate while ignoring demographic trends that cause no reason to believe a right-winger would perform better than an establishment candidate in a general election

Anti-mormons are mainly a section (not all, a section) of evangelical GOP voters who have been threatening completely breaking off from the GOP for years though and are always complaining about "establishment RINOs".

It comes down to whether or not a right-of-center candidate like Mitt could pull in enough centrist and undecided voters to make up for the loss of votes he'd get from people who just, based on their values and beliefs (and this is understandable, I get it) do not want to vote for a Mormon
Nothing like running someone that 20% of the population won't vote for because he belongs to a cult. Go for it, again, please.

Anti-mormons are mainly a section (not all, a section) of evangelical GOP voters who have been threatening completely breaking off from the GOP for years though and are always complaining about "establishment RINOs".

Nothing like running someone that 20% of the population won't vote for because he belongs to a cult. Go for it, again, please.
Thanks for the tolerance America

Thanks for the tolerance America
Tolerance, like all things, has its limits. Start dealing with reality. Secret names and handshakes make for a lousy start.

If that happens I think (hope) the Tea Party should breakaway from the GOP and run their own candidate.

We have almost two years. The republican majority in the senate hasn't even been sworn in yet. Democrats have a lot more to worry about and Hillary has lost steam already.

For the 2016 GOP nominee?

ROMNEY INSIDER He s Running - Business Insider

MORE ON POTENTIAL FOR ROMNEY 2016 — A senior Republican who has met with Mitt Romney describes the 2012 GOP nominee’s pitch to Wall Street donors in recent meetings this way: “He tells people not to commit to a candidate that is not their first choice and that they aren’t excited about. He does not think much of the current field and does not think it is jelling. He still views himself as the leader of the establishment wing of the Republican Party.

“It’s definitely a change in his message [tilted more toward running].” The Republican added that Romney’s decision does not depend on whether or not Jeb Bush gets in. “He does not feel he owes the Bushes anything and does not think Jeb is the defacto leader of the establishment GOP.”

More on possible Romney 2016 bid Welcome to jobs day Does admin need a markets person - POLITICO Morning Money - POLITICO.com
Nice :) His foresight has been immensely vindicated since his 2012 campaign. He is the best establishment candidate out there.

Really wondering why Cruz isn't just surging in dominant popularity when he's what all of these 10's of millions of "real conservatives" who have been staying home from voting for years have wanted.

Which swing states do you foresee Cruz carrying with his no-holds-barred right-winger "shut it down when I don't get what I want" message?
How mad are you going to be when Romney never survives the first primary?

Which candidate will be able to respond to the needs of the people?

He doesn't have a message. In fact, it would be in the best interest of the GOP if they started realizing that the choices are not Pepsi v Coke.

Forum List

Back