How many Christian Democrats feel that their religion is attacked more than other religions?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
It is just a question I want to ask because a lot of conservatives genuinely do feel that Christianity in America is under constant criticism from the left. I can point out examples where an atheist will argue with a christian to the point where the christian thinks about abandoning their own faith. I don't think Muslims feel that their religion is under attack by the same atheist. if so, do you think this treatment is fair?

The far-right uses much the same arguments, regardless of what country they live in or what religion they want to impose on their neighbors.

• Banned
The far-right uses much the same arguments, regardless of what country they live in or what religion they want to impose on their neighbors.

Can you find me one example of a 'conservative' who actively tries to pursuade people into not being Christians?

Can you find me one example of a 'conservative' who actively tries to pursuade people into not being Christians?
Can we provide examples of republicans who actively try to punish people for not following Christian beliefs?

Well, in some countries, the far-right tries to impose islam on their neighbors

It is just a question I want to ask because a lot of conservatives genuinely do feel that Christianity in America is under constant criticism from the left. I can point out examples where an atheist will argue with a christian to the point where the christian thinks about abandoning their own faith. I don't think Muslims feel that their religion is under attack by the same atheist. if so, do you think this treatment is fair?
As a moderate politically, not a democrat, and an Episcopalian Christian, I feel some conservative Christians are closer to conservative Muslims, than are to my Christianity.

I feel the conservative Christians would say the same.

What you can point out are hasty generalization fallacies.

Otherwise, Christianity is not ‘under attack.’

Expecting everyone to obey necessary, proper, and just laws is not to ‘attack’ Christians.

Opposing conservative Christians’ efforts to violate Establishment Clause jurisprudence by seeking to conjoin church and state in violation of the Framers’ mandate is not to ‘attack’ Christians.

Defending other religions from unwarranted attack is not to ‘attack’ Christianity.

This nonsense about Christianity being ‘under attack’ is another ridiculous lie contrived by the right.

I agree. As a conservative atheist I feel it is the duty of anyone with good sense to argue against stupidity whenever it raises it's ugly head. It is hard enough for someone brainwashed since childhood to get their mind around the fact they have been duped for all those years. Feeling singled out as well might just push them over the edge.

Just to make every christian feel more at ease.. Your religion is just as stupid and fraudulent as the Muslims, Jews and Mormans. Feel better now?

I'm a Christian Democrat, and I don't see how my religion is being attacked in any way.

Actually I'm neither. I was just bored, and wanted to post. I'm sorry. :(

What you can point out are hasty generalization fallacies.

Otherwise, Christianity is not ‘under attack.’

Expecting everyone to obey necessary, proper, and just laws is not to ‘attack’ Christians.

Opposing conservative Christians’ efforts to violate Establishment Clause jurisprudence by seeking to conjoin church and state in violation of the Framers’ mandate is not to ‘attack’ Christians.

Defending other religions from unwarranted attack is not to ‘attack’ Christianity.

This nonsense about Christianity being ‘under attack’ is another ridiculous lie contrived by the right.

ENOUGH with the FALLACIES!!! :mad:

I guess it depends on your definitions of certain words. Obey necessary, proper, and just laws sounds fantastic to idiots. Define what you mean. Spell it out for those of us that are cautious when such ambiguities are thrown around.

Of course there is. Your viewpoint is quite ill-informed and myopic. The Secular Right is growing and often lashing out at the nastiness and hatred spewed by evangelicals (who are steadily decreasing in numbers) and their non-Christlike stances and actions. The whole "attack on Christianity" is simply a pity party the evangelicals (and their media tools) are throwing because they see their numbers rapidly slipping and the country becoming more secular as people become more enlightened.

As a Christian, in general I don't believe the religion of Christianity is being ''attacked''... (other than a handful of people like Guno)

I've seen Christian people being challenged on their beliefs by non believers but that is not really an ''attack'' imo,

and I have seen Christians being called out on their hypocrisy of saying they are Christians but not actually following what Christ taught...

I've seen some lawsuits by the aclu and other groups on the constitutionality of laws that Christians may see as an attack on their religion, while the opposite side believes they are being attacked for their lack of religiosity or for their own personal freedoms and choices that a secular govt and the constitution is also suppose to guarantee...

When religions began making deals with one of the scuzziest of professions...with politicians and politics in general, (ala, the Moral Majority) when these supposed religious decided to make a pack with the dirty Devil's advocates, is the beginning of right wing's Christianity's downfall, and is the beginning of these particular Christians claiming persecution....

Jesus taught a separation of religion and State...

Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.”

Forum List

Back