How many States have Legalized Gay Marriage by a Vote of the People?...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Indiana Senate Approves Amendment to Ban Same-Sex Marriage - NBC News

"A decade ago, no states allowed same-sex couples to marry. Since then, same-sex marriage has been made legal in 17 states plus the District of Columbia."

^The word in that sentence that leads me to believe that it's few if any is "made"...

I know that Liberal California Voted AGAINST Gay Marriage when Obama ran for President as anti-Gay Marriage in 2008.

A Court overturned the Will of the People there.

Most of the recent one's I've heard about have also been a Federal Judge fronting the Agenda in Spite of the People's views on Deviant Coupling being made Equal to that which Created all of us.

So does anyone have a breakdown of the 17 States and DC and how Gay Marriage became Law?

I know MOST Americans don't agree and if it were put a National Vote Gay Marriage would Fail Miserably... That simply based California's Rejection of it.

:)

peace...

Only 6 of the marriage equality states were judicially decided. All 50 will be soon. :lol:

Really?... so California, Kentucky, Utah, Oklahoma, Virginia and?...

I'd like to see the breakdown of the People Voting for Gay Marriage at the Polls vs Liberal Legislatures and the divide on those Votes and of course the ones where a Federal Judge has been Responsible.

peace...

How many? Too many. As for the others where some unelected judge made a biased decision, we have this:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

And regardless of what the Law says, a Man and a Man and a Woman and a Woman will never be Naturally, Physically or Factually Equal to what Creates us... A Man and a Woman.

The Law could say that the Sun is the Moon... It would be Wrong but it would be Law.

And that's the Absurd Society you want to Live in because you Lack Validation in the Choices you have made in Life.

peace...

Only 6 of the marriage equality states were judicially decided. All 50 will be soon. :lol:

How long before all 50 allow bigamy and polygamy? We all know its coming. Bigamists and polygamists are being discriminated against in all 50 states, we cannot have that, all forms of marriage must be made legal. :confused:

Don't deny it wytchey, the ACLU is already gearing up for it. Gay marriage is just the foot in the door for legalization of all forms of "marriage".

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

How long before all 50 allow bigamy and polygamy? We all know its coming. Bigamists and polygamists are being discriminated against in all 50 states, we cannot have that, all forms of marriage must be made legal. :confused:

Don't deny it wytchey, the ACLU is already gearing up for it. Gay marriage is just the foot in the door for legalization of all forms of "marriage".

The end goal is to destroy marriage. Because if marriage can mean anything then it means nothing. The gay agenda is to break down societal norms, to break down society itself.

How many? Too many. As for the others where some unelected judge made a biased decision, we have this:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Now you will hear how Slavery is the same as two guys Fucking. :thup:

Unfortunately a Black Woman and a White Man being Denied Marriage was Wrong because Marriage is a Man and a Woman regardless of Race.

It is our "very Existence"... As the SCOTUS last said about the issue.

A Black Man and a White Woman have ALWAYS been able to Reflect Marriage.

Not (2) Men or (2) Women have EVER been able to Reflect Marriage.

Passing a Law that says otherwise is as absurd as me Claiming I am a Black Lesbian Midget Cripple and Demanding that Society Respect that Claim in Law.

peace...

A Mother and a Daughter have been Raising the Grandbaby together in Poor Areas for Generations yet they are Denied Marriage Rights and they Reflect all of the Needed Components of a Marriage.

Since "Sex" isn't part of the Debate, according to the pro-Gay Marriage Activists.

Marriage means something... When they are done it will be nothing.

And that is the real Goal here.

Societal Standards based on our "very Existence" are a Constant Reminder to them that they are Invalid in their Choice to Defy their Natural Design.

They want that Reminder Eliminated.

peace...

I don't get the point of the :) peace thing...

Anyway, three states have passed ballot measures approving gay marriage, Maryland, Maine, and Washington.

Another state rejected a constitutional ban on gay marriage through ballot measure, Minnesota.

Your signature is rather disgusting as well.

Last edited:
Indiana Senate Approves Amendment to Ban Same-Sex Marriage - NBC News

"A decade ago, no states allowed same-sex couples to marry. Since then, same-sex marriage has been made legal in 17 states plus the District of Columbia."

^The word in that sentence that leads me to believe that it's few if any is "made"...

I know that Liberal California Voted AGAINST Gay Marriage when Obama ran for President as anti-Gay Marriage in 2008.

A Court overturned the Will of the People there.

Most of the recent one's I've heard about have also been a Federal Judge fronting the Agenda in Spite of the People's views on Deviant Coupling being made Equal to that which Created all of us.

So does anyone have a breakdown of the 17 States and DC and how Gay Marriage became Law?

I know MOST Americans don't agree and if it were put a National Vote Gay Marriage would Fail Miserably... That simply based California's Rejection of it.

peace...

But under state law, both chambers must approve the measure again, with the same language, in the next legislative session in 2015 or 2016 in order for the proposal to go before voters in 2016.

Ya know there, dickinmouth, if you teabaggers knew how to write constitutionally correct legislation, you might get something into law.

In this case, it'll never happen.

Le52o3x.gif

Question for ya there, fudgelips. How many homophobic anti-gay threads have you started on this forum and how many do you think make a difference?

I dunno...before Julie Andrews goes beyond the veil I hope. I'd love her as a sister wife. Keep working at it for me will you?

17 States properly apply the 14th amendment:

6 by Court Decision
California* (June 28, 2013), Connecticut (Nov. 12, 2008), Iowa (Apr. 24, 2009), Massachusetts (May 17, 2004), New Jersey (Oct. 21, 2013), New Mexico (Dec. 19, 2013)

8 by State Legislature
Delaware (July 1, 2013), Hawaii (Dec. 2, 2013), Illinois (law will take effect June 1, 2014), Minnesota (Aug. 1, 2013), New Hampshire (Jan. 1, 2010), New York (July 24, 2011), Rhode Island (Aug. 1, 2013), Vermont (Sep. 1, 2009)

3 by Popular Vote
Maine (Dec. 29, 2012), Maryland (Jan. 1, 2013), Washington (Dec. 9, 2012)

6 by Court Decision
California* (June 28, 2013), Connecticut (Nov. 12, 2008), Iowa (Apr. 24, 2009), Massachusetts (May 17, 2004), New Jersey (Oct. 21, 2013), New Mexico (Dec. 19, 2013)

8 by State Legislature
Delaware (July 1, 2013), Hawaii (Dec. 2, 2013), Illinois (law will take effect June 1, 2014), Minnesota (Aug. 1, 2013), New Hampshire (Jan. 1, 2010), New York (July 24, 2011), Rhode Island (Aug. 1, 2013), Vermont (Sep. 1, 2009)

3 by Popular Vote

So the Voters only Approve of Gay Marriage in 3 States.

Thanks for clearing that up for the class. :thup:

peace...

6 by Court Decision

8 by State Legislature

3 by Popular Vote

peace...

:clap2::clap2:

6 by Court Decision

8 by State Legislature

3 by Popular Vote

peace...

Yeah, it's just great that the civil rights of a minority are put up for vote by the majority.

I mean, that's how the civil rights in Alabama worked out in the 1960's right? Oh no, not at all.

The end goal is to destroy marriage. Because if marriage can mean anything then it means nothing. The gay agenda is to break down societal norms, to break down society itself.

lol, no the end goal is to end hysterical hyperbole by rightwing nuts like you. How often do you hear people ranting against interracial marriage nowadays?

No, not much at all. That is eventually how it will be with same sex marriage.

Last edited:

6 by Court Decision

8 by State Legislature

3 by Popular Vote

I'm in Minnesota, and remember voting on the matter.

Guess I wasn't paying enough attention to what happened next. :thup:

On May 11, 2011, the Minnesota Senate passed a bill to place a proposed amendment to the state constitution on the ballot that would ban same-sex marriage, though not civil unions. The question being presented to voters on the ballot reads: "Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to provide that only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in Minnesota?"[6] The amendment would later be defeated by Minnesota voters, making Minnesota the second US state to reject a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. (Arizona rejected a ban on same-sex marriages and civil unions in 2006 and then adopted a ban on same-sex marriages in 2008.)

On November 6, 2012, a proposed constitutional ban on same-sex marriage, passed by the legislature in 2011, was rejected by 52.6% of voters.[7] Minnesota became the second state to reject such a ban through popular referendum. On May 9, 2013, the House of Representatives passed a bill to legalize same-sex marriage on a vote of 75 to 59.[8] On May 13, 2013, the Senate passed the bill on a vote of 37-30.[9] Governor Mark Dayton signed the bill into law on May 14, and the legalization of same-sex marriages took effect on August 1, 2013.[10]

6 by Court Decision

8 by State Legislature

3 by Popular Vote

peace...

Yeah, it's just great that the civil rights of a minority are put up for vote by the majority.

I mean, that's how the civil rights in Alabama worked out in the 1960's right? Oh no, not at all.

Race and Sexual Defiance are not analogous. :thup:

peace...

6 by Court Decision

8 by State Legislature

3 by Popular Vote

peace...

That was covered under an amendment that was ignored by the courts for 90 years. The same courts progressives run to to force their worldview on people.

The amendment was voted on and created to provide votes and voice to the freedmen. I don't see a consitutional amendment that forces states to recognize gay marriage if their legislatures choose not to.

Same old progressive bullshit. Ignore real rights like the one to keep and bear arms, and force made up ones on the rest of us.

Forum List

Back