How "progressive" is Jordan now? New court ruling on veiled women may suggest otherwi

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's a shame that these women can't dress as they please if they dress modestly. If they don't want to wear a veil, do they deserve to be called sluts.

How "progressive" is Jordan now? New court ruling on veiled women may suggest otherwise....
Published March 23rd, 2014 - 10:46 GMT via SyndiGate.info

Amman Sharia Court based their ruling on a fatwa that describes women who do not wear a hijab as a "slut" and therefore unfit to testify in court

Amman, Al Medanah, Amman Sharia Court of Appeal, UN Court, Jordanian Women’s UnionThe Jordanian Women’s Union, along with lawyers across the Hashemite Kingdom, expressed shock last week after a ruling discriminating against women who do not wear the Islamic hijab was issued by theAmman Sharia Court of Appeal, according to Al Medanah News.

The court announced late last week that it agreed with one lawyer's statement - based on a fatwa - that says a woman who does not cover up or wear a hijab is considered a “slut” and shouldn't be allowed to testify in court.

Continue reading at:
How "progressive" is Jordan now? New court ruling on veiled women may suggest otherwise.... | Al Bawaba

I wonder what the queen thinks about that.

Rania%20out%20and%20about%20mza42AOX1lKl.jpg

I wonder what the queen thinks about that.

Rania%20out%20and%20about%20mza42AOX1lKl.jpg

I would imagine that since the Queen is a modern woman and loves to dress fashionably, she is not too happy with this ruling. How about you, Mr. Tinmore? Are you happy with this ruling, or do you feel that as long as a woman dresses modestly (sans a veil and headscarf), she should not be called a slut?

Forum List

Back