How sad.. $60b a year for this incompetency!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
From a former TSA agent...
"But in all my years at the TSA, the most absurd memo passed down from headquarters to front-line TSA employees — a memo that eventually took on legendary status among many screeners — came in 2012.

One morning at briefing, my supervisor at the time — an old, gruff, no-nonsense man with an irreverent sense of humor — told us to gather around, as there was something important to brief.

“This comes down from the folks up in D.C.,” he said. “So listen up.”

The memo advised the entire TSA workforce that terrorists were plotting to use solar powered improvised explosive devices in order to harm aviation interests. But not to worry: TSA headquarters was on the case. The memo continued to explain that new technology was being explored in order to detect solar powered IEDs.

The supervisor tore his reading glasses off his face — whether he crushed the memo in his fist, I cannot remember.

“What the hell are these idiots up in D.C. talking about?” he asked. “Why would anyone need a solar powered bomb indoors, on a plane?”

We never heard anything more about the terrorists who were looking to go green, although Wired.com ran an article revealing the same intelligence around the same time."
Tales from the TSA: Confiscating Aluminum Foil and Watching Out for Solar Powered Bombs | TIME.com

Forum List

Back