how-trump-plans-to-make-mexico-pay-for-the-wall

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
How Trump plans to make Mexico pay for the wall. Yes, really.

get your checkbook ready

wv33x1.png

I don't know how Trump will do it, but I know how I would.

Tariffs at the border. Generating revenue and costing Mexico 1000's of jobs when companies come back. Increases in costs to VISAS for SOME jobs (not the low paying, labour jobs, but for those highly educated, good net worth who want to work in high paying jobs in America).

Let's say for arguments sake, you were only able to only get back 5000 jobs from Mexico, and they were not even high paying jobs, say, $16 an hour. That would be in and of itself $156M per year of relief to the U.S government of payment to those citizens not working. Plus any economic benefit, taxes from the businesses and the workers. Furthermore, it would be an annual payment as long as the business stayed in operation.

Of course, if the number were more realistic, it would probably be many thousands more jobs, and maybe even higher wages in the U.S. Again, an annual benefit of revenue by taxation, and economic spending activity.

wall - ACA

same shitcan --- aint gonna be no wall.

Tariffs at the border. Generating revenue and costing Mexico 1000's of jobs when companies come back. Increases in costs to VISAS for SOME jobs (not the low paying, labour jobs, but for those highly educated, good net worth who want to work in high paying jobs in America).

Let's say for arguments sake, you were only able to only get back 5000 jobs from Mexico, and they were not even high paying jobs, say, $16 an hour. That would be in and of itself $156M per year of relief to the U.S government of payment to those citizens not working. Plus any economic benefit, taxes from the businesses and the workers. Furthermore, it would be an annual payment as long as the business stayed in operation.

Of course, if the number were more realistic, it would probably be many thousands more jobs, and maybe even higher wages in the U.S. Again, an annual benefit of revenue by taxation, and economic spending activity.

So, in you think that putting a tariff on a product, thus causing Americans to pay for for that product, is making Mexico pay for the wall?

So, in you think that putting a tariff on a product, thus causing Americans to pay for for that product, is making Mexico pay for the wall?

The company will pay the tariff. YOU decide what to buy or not. Hopefully more local producers of products would be competitive.

The company will pay the tariff. YOU decide what to buy or not. Hopefully more local producers of products would be competitive.

The company will spread the cost of the tariff to all of their products, even those not coming from Mexico, and in the end the US populous pays the bill

Mexico told Trump to go fuck himself a year ago

Why isn't he collecting money for the Great Wall of Trump....NOW

The company will spread the cost of the tariff to all of their products, even those not coming from Mexico, and in the end the US populous pays the bill

Or smaller, junior company will enter the marketplace and accept lower margins (as newer company often do) to compete and win market share. Unless what is being produced in Mexico is such a unique product that there is no competition, like an iphone or something, they will have to accept greater competition and lower margins. The consumer benefits from both.

Last edited:

Or smaller, junior company will enter the marketplace and accept lower margins (as newer company often do) to compete and win market share. Unless what is being produced in Mexico is such a unique product that there is no competition, like an iphone or something, they will have to accept greater competition and lower margins. The consumer benefits from both.

Look at what we "import" from Mexico (and I put import in quotations because much of what we import is already owned by US companies).

Automobiles...do you think a smaller, junior company will enter the marketplace and accept lower margins in the area of automobiles?

Electrical machinery and equipment...mostly from US owned companies. Do you think that a smaller, junior company will enter the marketplace and accept lower margins in this area?

Avocados, tomatoes, berries and other Ag products...same question applies.

I think they was planning on placing a fee on money transfers to Mexico....most likely depends on the final NAFTA negotiations

Trump wants Mexico to pay for the wall?
What is he waiting for?

Charge them now you Orange Pussy

Tariffs? Don't be silly. Note all the oil and gas arrows going into Mexico;

SENER-Oil-Products-National-Infrastructure.jpg

How many times do we have to explain how mehico will pay for the wall and there's nothing they can do about it?
I mean just how much weed do you liberals smoke?
What is Trump waiting for?

If he thinks he can make Mexico pay, why isn't he doing it now?

Like California for example? No we gonna make enough food just for us going forward.

Forum List

Back