How Will the Rich Rule Without Money?

Parasite, implies that you are giving nothing, to get something.

If you are spending your rightfully earned money, to invest in something that produces goods and services, how is that being a parasite?

A parasite would be like Elon Musk, getting money from the government for green-energy grants that produce absolutely nothing for the the majority of the population. That's being a parasite.

A parasite would be Solyndra collecting millions from the government under Obama, and then just disappearing.

But if you are spending your hard earned cash, to make a risky but prudent investment, and having that investment pay off.... why is that being a parasite?

And along those lines, your ending question makes no sense. Investors are the owners, because they are investors. That's why they are the owners, because they invested.

Most employees today, are also investors. I am investor myself. I own shares in about two dozen companies. Now where I currently work, I don't have stock in that company, because I don't think it's a wise investment, but other companies I've worked for, I did have stock in. So I was an employee and a part owner at the same time.

Again, if you want to take part in the profits of the company.... buy stock. Stop whining about it, and buy stock in the company.
Isn't that exactly the role shareholders play in our current common law property rights state?

The Divine Right of Capital by Marjorie Kelly: A Summary

"The Principle of Privilege:
Stockholders claim wealth they do little to create, much as nobles claimed privilege they did not earn..."

"Shareholders at one time had some managerial responsibilities that they held with the firm.

"This was eventually shed, as eventually was their legal liability.

"The last responsibility to be shed was actually providing capital, as the above figures illustrate.

"So, much like aristocrats of old, shareholders today have shed all the responsibilities while retaining (and growing) all the benefits.

"This is the modern notion of privilege."

Oh... so they are aristocrats?

Public school Teachers, Unions, Walmart employees.... all of them are aristocrats of old in your world? Really.

Fail.
Public school Teachers, Unions, Walmart employees.... all of them are aristocrats of old in your world? Really.
Are Walmart employees entitled to a greater share of profits than Walmart shareholders who do nothing to produce those profits? How many seats on Walmart's board of directors are allocated to employees?
Screen-Shot-2017-06-30-at-10.56.34-AM-1024x526.png

US Wealth Distribution, Stock Ownership Edition - The Big Picture

Are Walmart employees entitled to a greater share of profits than Walmart shareholders

No.
"The business judgment rule is a case law-derived doctrine in corporations law that courts defer to the business judgment of corporate executives.

"It is rooted in the principle that the 'directors of a corporation... are clothed with [the] presumption, which the law accords to them, of being [motivated] in their conduct by a bona fide regard for the interests of the corporation whose affairs the stockholders have committed to their charge'.[1]"

Business judgment rule - Wikipedia

Rich People Always Need More:113:

Sounds like a good law.

Frustrated that reality doesn’t flatter your ego, comrade? That’s where your futile promotion of the most definitively failed political/economic theory in world history really comes from, after all.
I'm more frustrated morons like you aren't abortion statistics.
wh75hilyrtgy-644x855.jpg

Did your Poly/Sci prof give you that link? In exchange for some things you’re ashamed of? Communism comes with a price, kid.

OMG
they'll have more to offer than poor dumbasses like you
MAGA
uDFmIDPzCo4znxgzKlT0_jgv4CqHkarUrQ005ED_HbclD4Ex32hmOHsAn95kbFc_WZMiOQ1BMlRj4Fu-vDLyOgnT3syuxfWFY8KxoEWpqd9gxcPzZnQUM8q76jkJzs7IQUNr_cUt

Morons
Are
Governing
America

Stop calling Pelosi a Moron!

Well she is the House Leader and part of the governing but alas you believe Trump is a dictator, Communism is the end answer and replacing the rich with Stalnist Politicians will save us...
Stop calling Pelosi a Moron!

Well she is the House Leader and part of the governing but alas you believe Trump is a dictator, Communism is the end answer and replacing the rich with Stalnist Politicians will save us...
You have nothing to fear but fear itself
PBIcD6E.jpg

If you are spending your rightfully earned money, to invest in something that produces goods and services, how is that being a parasite?

A parasite would be like Elon Musk, getting money from the government for green-energy grants that produce absolutely nothing for the the majority of the population. That's being a parasite.

A parasite would be Solyndra collecting millions from the government under Obama, and then just disappearing.

But if you are spending your hard earned cash, to make a risky but prudent investment, and having that investment pay off.... why is that being a parasite?

And along those lines, your ending question makes no sense. Investors are the owners, because they are investors. That's why they are the owners, because they invested.

Most employees today, are also investors. I am investor myself. I own shares in about two dozen companies. Now where I currently work, I don't have stock in that company, because I don't think it's a wise investment, but other companies I've worked for, I did have stock in. So I was an employee and a part owner at the same time.

Again, if you want to take part in the profits of the company.... buy stock. Stop whining about it, and buy stock in the company.
Isn't that exactly the role shareholders play in our current common law property rights state?

The Divine Right of Capital by Marjorie Kelly: A Summary

"The Principle of Privilege:
Stockholders claim wealth they do little to create, much as nobles claimed privilege they did not earn..."

"Shareholders at one time had some managerial responsibilities that they held with the firm.

"This was eventually shed, as eventually was their legal liability.

"The last responsibility to be shed was actually providing capital, as the above figures illustrate.

"So, much like aristocrats of old, shareholders today have shed all the responsibilities while retaining (and growing) all the benefits.

"This is the modern notion of privilege."

Oh... so they are aristocrats?

Fail.
Are Walmart employees entitled to a greater share of profits than Walmart shareholders who do nothing to produce those profits? How many seats on Walmart's board of directors are allocated to employees?
Screen-Shot-2017-06-30-at-10.56.34-AM-1024x526.png

US Wealth Distribution, Stock Ownership Edition - The Big Picture

Are Walmart employees entitled to a greater share of profits than Walmart shareholders

No.
"The business judgment rule is a case law-derived doctrine in corporations law that courts defer to the business judgment of corporate executives.

"It is rooted in the principle that the 'directors of a corporation... are clothed with [the] presumption, which the law accords to them, of being [motivated] in their conduct by a bona fide regard for the interests of the corporation whose affairs the stockholders have committed to their charge'.[1]"

Business judgment rule - Wikipedia

Rich People Always Need More:113:

It seems you want more as well, you are no different other than you have less.

Say you bought a car for $10,000. And then your mother pays you $10,000 for that car. She effectively made the original purchase.
A new car or used car?
If I bought a new car, some of my money went directly to the corporation that built the car. If my mother then bought the car, all of her money went to me.

Doesn't matter. Again, that share in the company, represents an investment into that company. An investment that would not have happened if the share didn't exist.

Whoever owns that share, owns the value of that investment, which allowed that company to grow.

So whether you are directly buying the share from the company, or buying from someone else who bought the share directly from the company... doesn't matter. It still represents an investment into that company, which was used to grow the company, produced more goods and services that make the country more wealthy, and provide jobs for employees.

Directly, or indirectly, completely irrelevant to the discussion.
So whether you are directly buying the share from the company, or buying from someone else who bought the share directly from the company... doesn't matter.
Stocks traded on the secondary market are pure speculation as none of the money that paid for those stocks went to the corporation that issued them. Employees of the corporation are far more entitled to the profits they produce than are the speculators, imho.

Say you bought a car for $10,000. And then your mother pays you $10,000 for that car. She effectively made the original purchase.
A new car or used car?
If I bought a new car, some of my money went directly to the corporation that built the car. If my mother then bought the car, all of her money went to me.

Doesn't matter. Again, that share in the company, represents an investment into that company. An investment that would not have happened if the share didn't exist.

Whoever owns that share, owns the value of that investment, which allowed that company to grow.

So whether you are directly buying the share from the company, or buying from someone else who bought the share directly from the company... doesn't matter. It still represents an investment into that company, which was used to grow the company, produced more goods and services that make the country more wealthy, and provide jobs for employees.

Directly, or indirectly, completely irrelevant to the discussion.
So whether you are directly buying the share from the company, or buying from someone else who bought the share directly from the company... doesn't matter.
Stocks traded on the secondary market are pure speculation as none of the money that paid for those stocks went to the corporation that issued them. Employees of the corporation are far more entitled to the profits they produce than are the speculators, imho.

Stocks traded on the secondary market are pure speculation as none of the money that paid for those stocks went to the corporation that issued them.

So what?

Employees of the corporation are far more entitled to the profits they produce than are the speculators, imho.

Pick a public company. Post the employee expenses and post the profits.

Frustrated that reality doesn’t flatter your ego, comrade? That’s where your futile promotion of the most definitively failed political/economic theory in world history really comes from, after all.
wh75hilyrtgy-644x855.jpg

Do you have any proof that those people die because of capitalism?
Just because a Commie idiot says something.....doesn't count as proof.
Just because a Commie idiot says something.....doesn't count as proof
Capitalism has never existed without war and worse:
1*l9KNOu4YPXQUtDuV9R8X1w.jpeg

If Communism Killed Millions, How Many Did Capitalism Kill?

It goes around every few years. “"); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px); font-family: medium-content-serif-font, Georgia, Cambria, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 21px; letter-spacing: -0.084px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);'>Communism killed 100 million people!!'

" Let’s take it face value. How awful.

"'So. 'What about capitalism?

"Let’s think about it together.

"And let me say at the outset that it’s not to score points — but so that we think carefully, and well, about what kind of people we want to be, and what kind of world we want."

wh75hilyrtgy-644x855.jpg

It goes around every few years. “"); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px); font-family: medium-content-serif-font, Georgia, Cambria, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 21px; letter-spacing: -0.084px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);'>Communism killed 100 million people!!'

"And let me say at the outset that it’s not to score points — but so that we think carefully, and well, about what kind of people we want to be, and what kind of world we want."

Communism has never existed without war and worse.

Did your Poly/Sci prof give you that link? In exchange for some things you’re ashamed of? Communism comes with a price, kid.
What price are the people of Iraq and Syria and Yemen paying for capitalism, Pops?

The people or Iraq, Syria and Yemen aren't suffering because of capitalism.
Sure they are.
They are being maimed, murdered, and displaced so that parasites like you can drive fast cars and live in big houses.

What price are the people of Iraq and Syria and Yemen paying for capitalism, Pops?

Sure they are.
They are being maimed, murdered, and displaced so that parasites like you can drive fast cars and live in big houses.

Sure they are.

No they aren't.

Those countries could evaporate tomorrow and my fast car and big house wouldn't even notice.

Sure they are.

Ignorant, hysterical child.

wh75hilyrtgy-644x855.jpg

When did communism crash the global economy and launch a world-wide war?

"Fast forward a century. A world war erupted — thanks, in large part, as historians agree, to a "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px); font-family: medium-content-serif-font, Georgia, Cambria, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; font-size: 21px; letter-spacing: -0.084px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">global depression.

"But what caused the Great Depression? Capitalism — the speculative frenzy and inequality of the rip-roaring 1920s. Capitalism poured the fuel of fascism all over the world, in nations like Germany and Italy, who were heavily indebted by that point, and it only took a handful of demagogues to set the world alight. "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px); font-family: medium-content-serif-font, Georgia, Cambria, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; font-size: 21px; letter-spacing: -0.084px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">How many people died in World War II? 25 million — just soldiers. 50 million — including civilians. 80 million — including famine, war crimes, and disease."

Are you distressed you didn't profit from that misery?

When did communism crash the global economy and launch a world-wide war?....

Foolish boy, did your PoliSci 101 professor tell you that communism means no exchange of goods or services? Ignorant boy, the dream of your idol is of a global communism which would necessarily involve the exchange of goods and services all over the world. Do you think that your starving communist brothers and sisters or their fat , bloody dictators would do so without any discord or inequality? This is where your lack of experience with actual human beings in the actual world sets you back. As for war - :lol: - war is an inherent aspect of communism, and this has absolutely played out on a global scale each and every time your idiotic ideology has been imposed on a people.

Have you ever spent any significant amount of time in a country that was even nominally communist, kid?

Again... we've been over this before. You can't complain about shareholders, and then complain people shouldn't buy stock to be shareholders.
Shareholders should not have primacy over employees since it is the latter that produce the goods and services that make or break the corporation.
the-shareholder-primacy-norm-dodge-v-ford-7-728.jpg

Dodge v. Ford Motor Co. - Wikipedia.

"Dodge v. Ford Motor Company, 204 Mich. 459, 170 N.W. 668 (Mich. 1919)[1] is a case in which the Michigan Supreme Court held that Henry Ford had to operate the Ford Motor Company in the interests of its shareholders, rather than in a charitable manner for the benefit of his employees or customers.

"It is often cited as affirming the principle of 'shareholder primacy' in corporate America."

Really? So if you own a house, and you hire someone to finish the basement, you would end up putting the needs of the builder over your own ownership of the house?

No, you would not. Without you, owning the house, there would be no house for the builder to work on.

So if you owned a car, and you hired someone to fix the car, you would end up putting their needs ahead of your ownership of the car?

So if it really benefited them to work 10 days on your car, charging thousands to fix it, you would accept that? Hey, that mechanic has a family to feed. He's more important, than you the owner of the car, right?

See, you people never put yourself in the position you claim is right. If you put yourself in your own ideology, you would be having a melt down. You would never put up with that. But it's pretty easy to say others should, when you disconnect yourself from the discussion.

Forum List

Back