Huge Explosion in Waco Texas. Many injured.

Good grief, now we'll have to ban fertilizer and rely totally on genetic tampering to get big green beans.

however the question remains

how will the left twist this into

another reason to ban "assault rifles and large "clips""

You right wing nutjobs can't even discuss a serious news story without making yourselves look like complete idiots.
Irony is ironic.

Today we've had to suffer through being told by limp wristed liberals that the Boston Marathon bombs are evidence that we need stricter gun control.

Get a fucking grip. ________________

This is going to rival Texas City. I predict that the Army is going to fly a MASH unit in to handle the casualties, the nearest trauma center is 20 miles from the plant.

It looks like a war zone. I can't believe this happened. It is just unbelievable after Boston for this to happen. Why did they build a neighborhood full of houses right next to a plant like this? Who was the genius behind that decision? All of those houses are gone.

however the question remains

how will the left twist this into

another reason to ban "assault rifles and large "clips""

You right wing nutjobs can't even discuss a serious news story without making yourselves look like complete idiots.
Irony is ironic.

Today we've had to suffer through being told by limp wristed liberals that the Boston Marathon bombs are evidence that we need stricter gun control.

Get a fucking grip. ________________

exactly

Texas Plant Explosion Injures 200, Levels Homes, Businesses

By MICHAEL S. JAMES, LEEZEL TANGLAO (@leezeltanglao) and JOHN SANTUCCI
April 17, 2013

A fiery explosion at a Texas fertilizer plant in a small town 19 miles north of Waco has injured 200 people and destroyed dozens of homes and businesses, an emergency official said.

Of the 200 people injured near the West, Texas, plant, 40 were injured critically, Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman Gail Scarborough said.

It was unclear whether or not there were deaths.

Besides the injuries, 75 to 100 houses and business were completely destroyed in and around the plant, Scarborough said.

"It's total chaos," West City Councilwoman Cheryl Marak said, according to ABC News Radio. "There's ambulances and fire trucks and police cars from everywhere."

Marak told ABC News affiliate WFAA that the blast killed her pets and heavily damaged the local middle school.

ABCAn explosion at fertilizer plant rocked a... View Full Size ABCAn explosion at fertilizer plant rocked a small Texas town near Waco Wednesday night - causing several injuries and destroying homes and vehicles, authorities said.
"I was watching the flames and then it was just like a huge, huge explosion and two houses, I mean, it demolished both of those," Marak said, according to ABC News Radio. "I think everything around us is pretty much just gone."

Keith Williams, a local resident, said his house also was completely destroyed, according to ABC News Radio.

"All the ceilings are out," Williams said. "The windows are out. The brick's knocked off the house. My big garage out back is half blowed in."

He also saw "people with all their houses tore up across the street from me, on each side of me."

Texas Plant Explosion Injures 200, Levels Homes, Businesses - ABC News

Irony is ironic.

Get a fucking grip.

You are a horrible, boring, insane human being.

You know I care deeply what you think of me.

And I am flattered that you think of me as much as you do, really I am.

Still, it can be kind of icky sometimes.

Oh well, I'm a vibrant personality. I have to take the chaff with the wheat when it comes to fans.

Back on topic....so far 7 firefighters are not accounted for. :(

I jumped out of my chair watching that vid on the first page...I can imagine what it was like THERE for those poor people.

That is unbelievable, Gracie. I cannot get over how big this is! It looks like a war zone. I feel very bad for these people. They have got to be in shock. I know I am. I cannot get over it. Thank you for putting this news report up. I didn't have the television on all night and had no idea this had happened.

And, people 100 miles away heard it too. Dayum. Just dayum!!
The people trying to put out the original fire....you KNOW they didn't make it out alive. I feel so badly for the families.

The people trying to put out the original fire....you KNOW they didn't make it out alive. I feel so badly for the families.

i have family in Waco

they felt it

This is going to rival Texas City. I predict that the Army is going to fly a MASH unit in to handle the casualties, the nearest trauma center is 20 miles from the plant.

they are not asking for more help at this point

they have been flying people out for hours now

hauling them out by school buses even

The article I read said that everyone is sending all the help they can spare.

I know! That explosion was massive, taking out 200 homes? Or I forget how many they said but just too incredible! I cannot imagine it. It is a terrible tragedy. Those poor people. They are really going through it right now.

I am glad your family is safe, Jon.

As many as 60 to 70 people may have been killed in a fertilizer plant explosion on Wednesday night in West, Texas, KWTX reported. West EMS Director Dr. George Smith told the TV station that hundreds of people were also injured in the blast.

Tommy Muska, West's mayor, said at a news conference that the exact number of deaths was still unknown. However, buildings in a five-block radius from the plant were severely damaged by the explosion, Muska said.

Cause of the blast has not yet been determined.

Emergency crews, who were dispatched from throughout central Texas, are now being forced to pull back due to concerns of a second explosion. Several firefighters and other first responders have suffered injuries, the Waco Tribune-Herald reported.

The first call came in at approximately 7:50 p.m. Several injuries were reported at the plant, which is located near Waco, and a request was made for multiple ambulances. KWTX also reported several buildings were destroyed and a nearby nursing home was damaged.

According to CBS DFW, several residents in the nursing home and a nearby apartment building were injured.

West ISD, the public school district in West, announced on Twitter that all schools will be closed for the rest of the week. Authorities in the area are also reportedly advising residents to leave town immediately.

Gov. Rick Perry released the following statement regarding the incident: “We are monitoring developments and gathering information as details continue to emerge about this incident. We have also mobilized state resources to help local authorities. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of West, and the first responders on the scene.”

An official hotline has been created for people looking for loved ones possibly injured in the explosion. That number is (254) 202-1100.

Texas Explosion: Fatalities Reported In Blast At Fertilizer Plant (VIDEO)

Irony is ironic.

Get a fucking grip.

Aren't you the guy that was trying to claim that experts were saying that the Boston bombing was probably perpetrated by right wing groups? Wouldn't that make you a horrible, boring, insane,human being, and a liar?

Irony is ironic.

Get a fucking grip.

Aren't you the guy that was trying to claim that experts were saying that the Boston bombing was probably perpetrated by right wing groups? Wouldn't that make you a horrible, boring, insane,human being, and a liar?

I noted that an expert on CNN and the profile of the bomber indicted that it was a domestic attack. It's your lack of reading comprehension and mental illnesses that make you believe I said it was a right wing group. And you don't know who the bomber is yet, so you're being a defensive idiot right now. And I'm not driving a very serious news thread into the ground with brain dead politics when there's no need for it. But these are things you need to have above a double digit IQ to understand.

Forum List

Back