Hungarian couples race in wife-carrying obstacle course

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Hungarian couples race in wife-carrying obstacle course
Around 30 Hungarian couples, with husbands carrying their wives on their backs, raced over rough terrain on Saturday in the nation’s third wife-carrying contest.

Among the obstacles the couples encountered on the 260 meter-long track were a deep water-filled ditch at the beginning and end, with bales of hay and car tires along the route.

Race organizer Gergo Guraly said couples were interested in competing as it allowed them to leave their “comfort zone” and achieve a win as a unit.

The sport is said to have its origin in the Viking age. In modern times, the tradition is particularly established in Finland, where it has taken place since the 1990s.

Estonian races have lent their name to the ‘Estonian style’ of wife-carrying with the wife upside down and her feet over her husband’s shoulders, rather than a classic piggyback.

Looks like a good time. :)

I could have made it just carrying my ex wife, if she would have shut that fat mouth every once in a while, but when her brother, and the rest of her family piled on and expected me to carry them too, it was more than I could handle.

I could have made it just carrying my ex wife, if she would have shut that fat mouth every once in a while, but when her brother, and the rest of her family piled on and expected me to carry them too, it was more than I could handle.
Lol..... bwahhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaah

That was awesome.

Jo

Forum List

Back