HYPOCRISY, Thy Name Is 'DEMOCRAT': Democrats Leave Capitol To March For Gun Control With Students

Good Point.
We can have sensible restrictions on drivers because there is no constitutional amendment declaring that driving is a right. As long as the second amendment shapes our gun laws, they will not be very effective. If a state manages to pass strict gun control laws and neighboring states allow individuals to sell guns with no restrictions, guns will drift across state lines and weaken enforcement.

To have gun laws that actually work well, we must either change the 2nd amendment or the courts would have to adopt the living constitution theory in regard to the 2nd amendment.

The Courts have ruled you have Right to Travel.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BHYB4P8/?tag=ff0d01-20
Most gun laws such as registration of firearms should be the same across the country because state boundaries mean little today. People move between states as easy as ones moves from one city to another.

And yet the states where the guns are coming from have less gun violence than in the democrat controlled, extreme gun controlled cities where the criminals sell them to other criminals....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
If states with strict gun control laws could keep guns from flowing into the state from states that have practically no regulations, they would certainly be more effective. The only way state gun control laws would have any major effect would be if all states followed suite and that's not going to happen.

Guns are not "flowing into the states" from states which have fewer regulations.The law prohibits the interstate trafficking of firearms without filling out the proper forms and submitting to a criminal background check.

You cannot simply go to a gun shop in a neighboring state and purchase a firearm if you don't have a picture ID from that state, fill out the BATFE forms, and submit to a criminal background check.

There are already laws on the books that prevent illegal interstate trafficking of firearms. Since there are already laws, what makes you think that criminals are going to obey even more laws?

Actually, you can buy a sniper rifle on Craig's list, without ANY ID or background check.

Most gun laws such as registration of firearms should be the same across the country because state boundaries mean little today. People move between states as easy as ones moves from one city to another.

And yet the states where the guns are coming from have less gun violence than in the democrat controlled, extreme gun controlled cities where the criminals sell them to other criminals....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
If states with strict gun control laws could keep guns from flowing into the state from states that have practically no regulations, they would certainly be more effective. The only way state gun control laws would have any major effect would be if all states followed suite and that's not going to happen.

Guns are not "flowing into the states" from states which have fewer regulations.The law prohibits the interstate trafficking of firearms without filling out the proper forms and submitting to a criminal background check.

You cannot simply go to a gun shop in a neighboring state and purchase a firearm if you don't have a picture ID from that state, fill out the BATFE forms, and submit to a criminal background check.

There are already laws on the books that prevent illegal interstate trafficking of firearms. Since there are already laws, what makes you think that criminals are going to obey even more laws?

Actually, you can buy a sniper rifle on Craig's list, without ANY ID or background check.

Bullshit. Craigslist does not allow the sale of any firearms. Any listing that even resembles a firearms listing, gets immediately pulled.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Bullshit. Craigslist does not allow the sale of any firearms. Any listing that even resembles a firearms listing, gets immediately pulled.

OK, suit yourself. I bought my rifle from a guy a met on the rifle range. No ID, no nothing. Cash transaction. Perfectly legal in my state.

DNC MOTTOS:

1. 'Never let a tragedy go to waste.'

2. 'Never let a PHOTO OP go to waste.'

Democrats leave Capitol to join student gun protest

"Democratic leaders in the House and Senate exited the Capitol on Wednesday to march with and speak to students protesting gun violence on the one-month anniversary of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting.

Senior members of Democratic leadership joined other lawmakers from the House and Senate on Capitol Hill as thousands of students marched while others around the country walked out of classes or staged other protests."

Forget for a minute that Barry's pushed liberal agenda made it possible for the shooter to buy a gun...

Forget for a minute that these are the same Democrats who refused to pass Kate's law...

Forget for a minute that Schumer and these Democrats are the same ones who chose to stand with MS13 gang members and violent illegals - who have victimized / murdered Americans and who are now being protected in law-violating Sanctuary Cities - instead of Americans in order to shut the US government down not long ago...

Forget for a minute that these are the same Democrats just berated by illegals who recognized how Democrats were using them for political gain, much like they are now using the Parkland Florida shooting victims and students and this photo op for political gain...

If you can forget all of that then you could possible fall for this DNC politically-motivated theatrical performance designed to play on the emotions of all the suckers out there. designed to create emotion-based support for their gun-grabbing agenda....

and drumpf goes to play golf while millions tell him and the nra to kiss our asses ,,, get your resumes ready

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

OK, suit yourself. I bought my rifle from a guy a met on the rifle range. No ID, no nothing. Cash transaction. Perfectly legal in my state.

Sure. "Face to face" transactions are perfectly legal in any state. I myself bought 14 firearms from garage sales two years ago.

But the law is that as long as you don't knowingly sell a firearm to a convicted felon or an under-aged person, you're good to go.

Similarly with an automobile: If I sell an automobile to a person without a driver's license and he runs over someone, it's his problem, not mine.

Sure. "Face to face" transactions are perfectly legal in any state. I myself bought 14 firearms from garage sales two years ago.

But the law is that as long as you don't knowingly sell a firearm to a convicted felon or an under-aged person, you're good to go.

Similarly with an automobile: If I sell an automobile to a person without a driver's license and he runs over someone, it's his problem, not mine.

We are so fortunate that you, and anyone else who could be insane, under a restraining order, or a convicted felon, can buy as many guns as he likes, and there is no law preventing people from selling to them.

Cricket Rifles for kids, when Mickey Mouse just isn't enough!

BJQ1GzrCQAA9zEm.jpg

We are so fortunate that you, and anyone else who could be insane, under a restraining order, or a convicted felon, can buy as many guns as he likes, and there is no law preventing people from selling to them.

What makes you think that I'm "insane, under a restraining order, or a convicted felon"?

I've had a concealed carry permit since 2011. I am what's called a "trusted individual" in my state and have been thoroughly trained, vetted, and investigated.

I have carried a 9mm Glock 19 with one in the chamber, 15 in the magazine, and two additional 15-round magazines, every day since 2011. That's been a total of seven years, and not once have I had the urge to draw my pistol in anger. Not that I wouldn't, if the need arose.

Not only that, but I previously lived in Texas, which is a state that has always allowed law-abiding citizens to carry a fully-loaded rifle or shotgun in their vehicle. I've carried fully-loaded AR-15 and AK-47 rifles and 12-gauge pump shotguns loaded with 00 buckshot in a truck or car, whatever I was driving.

So are you saying that there is a probability that I am "insane, under a restraining order, or a convicted felon", just because you don't like hearing what I'm saying? Do you have any idea how much that smacks of 1920's Bolshevism, Communism, Stalinism, and Gulags? Because your attitude is the way they rolled back then: Anyone who disagreed with the "official" party line, is obviously "insane" or "criminal".

Shame on you. You have no idea who I am, where I've been, or what I've done.

It is critical that everyone be armed with semi-automatic rifles and 100 round drums, for when the zombie Apocalypse starts.

And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956

Sounds like Russia is a country with a dangerous government. Maybe someone should mention this to Trump.

Trump admires the way Russia does business. Lefties want a POLICE STATE as well.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

If it's over 18 inches, it is a sniper rifle
If its ten to 18 inches, it is an assault weapon
If it's under 10 inches, it is a Saturday Night Special.

IF you buy a rifle on Craigslist, you've broken THEIR rules. They don't take gun ads. If a seller sells to someone without ID (proof of residence and age) it is a felony.

As long as have the Fourth Amendment, I'll skip the background check. Let me offer you a new and novel idea:

IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE IS A THREAT TO THEMSELVES AND / OR SOCIETY, KEEP THEM IN JAIL, PRISON, A MENTAL FACILITY OR UNDER SUPERVISED CARE.

What makes you think that I'm "insane, under a restraining order, or a convicted felon"?

I've had a concealed carry permit since 2011. I am what's called a "trusted individual" in my state and have been thoroughly trained, vetted, and investigated.

I have carried a 9mm Glock 19 with one in the chamber, 15 in the magazine, and two additional 15-round magazines, every day since 2011. That's been a total of seven years, and not once have I had the urge to draw my pistol in anger. Not that I wouldn't, if the need arose.

Not only that, but I previously lived in Texas, which is a state that has always allowed law-abiding citizens to carry a fully-loaded rifle or shotgun in their vehicle. I've carried fully-loaded AR-15 and AK-47 rifles and 12-gauge pump shotguns loaded with 00 buckshot in a truck or car, whatever I was driving.

So are you saying that there is a probability that I am "insane, under a restraining order, or a convicted felon", just because you don't like hearing what I'm saying? Do you have any idea how much that smacks of 1920's Bolshevism, Communism, Stalinism, and Gulags? Because your attitude is the way they rolled back then: Anyone who disagreed with the "official" party line, is obviously "insane" or "criminal".

Read it again. I did not say you were any of those things. I said," you, and the insane, under retaining order, or convicted felon". If i had meant that you were one, too, I would have said, "you, and other insane, under restraining order, and convicted felons".

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

IF you buy a rifle on Craigslist, you've broken THEIR rules. They don't take gun ads. If a seller sells to someone without ID (proof of residence and age) it is a felony.

As long as have the Fourth Amendment, I'll skip the background check. Let me offer you a new and novel idea:

IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE IS A THREAT TO THEMSELVES AND / OR SOCIETY, KEEP THEM IN JAIL, PRISON, A MENTAL FACILITY OR UNDER SUPERVISED CARE.

I have a better idea. Make it illegal to sell someone a firearm if SOMEONE IS A THREAT TO THEMSELVES AND / OR SOCIETY.

Read it again. I did not say you were any of those things. I said," you, and the insane, under retaining order, or convicted felon". If i had meant that you were one, too, I would have said, "you, and other insane, under restraining order, and convicted felons".

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

I have a better idea. Make it illegal to sell someone a firearm if SOMEONE IS A THREAT TO THEMSELVES AND / OR SOCIETY.

That's already illegal.

NOPE. It is illegal for certain people to own firearms, especially felons. It is not illegal to sell them a firearm without a background check as a private dealer, as long as you do not know that he is not legally allowed to possess such firearm. Sort of a "Don't ask, Don't tell."

That's already illegal.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Dipshit...that is already the law......the cops and feds in Florida just didn't bother to follow it....

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

You can buy people on craiglist, moron......and if you are a felon buying that rifle, you can be arrested under current law.......we don't have any problem arresting gun criminals in our cities...the problem is the democrats who keep letting them back out of prison...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

If you aren't a felon...if you are a felon, the police can arrest you when they catch you with the gun...we can already do that...then, the local democrat prosecutor will plead the gun charge away, you will get out on parole and then commit your murder......that is the problem.......

DNC MOTTOS:

1. 'Never let a tragedy go to waste.'

2. 'Never let a PHOTO OP go to waste.'

"Democratic leaders in the House and Senate exited the Capitol on Wednesday to march with and speak to students protesting gun violence on the one-month anniversary of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting.

Senior members of Democratic leadership joined other lawmakers from the House and Senate on Capitol Hill as thousands of students marched while others around the country walked out of classes or staged other protests."

Forget for a minute that Barry's pushed liberal agenda made it possible for the shooter to buy a gun...

Forget for a minute that these are the same Democrats who refused to pass Kate's law...

Forget for a minute that Schumer and these Democrats are the same ones who chose to stand with MS13 gang members and violent illegals - who have victimized / murdered Americans and who are now being protected in law-violating Sanctuary Cities - instead of Americans in order to shut the US government down not long ago...

Forget for a minute that these are the same Democrats just berated by illegals who recognized how Democrats were using them for political gain, much like they are now using the Parkland Florida shooting victims and students and this photo op for political gain...

If you can forget all of that then you could possible fall for this DNC politically-motivated theatrical performance designed to play on the emotions of all the suckers out there. designed to create emotion-based support for their gun-grabbing agenda....

and drumpf goes to play golf while millions tell him and the nra to kiss our asses ,,, get your resumes ready

You keep attacking the NRA...the NRA supports the FIX NICS act....the democrats oppose it.

California democrats passed a bill to let violent criminals out of prison early, the NRA fought against it...

The NRA trains local, state and federal law enforcement...the democrats constantly attack law enforcement and prevent them from arresting violent gun criminals.

You keep attacking the NRA...the NRA supports armed security and armed staff in the schools, the democrats oppose it.

The NRA teaches fun safety to millions of children...the democrats fight teaching gun safety to kids.

The NRA supports keeping violent gun offenders in prison, the democrats let violent gun offenders out of jail and pass laws letting them out early.

The NRA doesn't support the PROMISE PROGRAM, of obama, which allowed the shooter to get the gun...the democrats created and support the Promise program...which allowed the shooter to get his gun...

Since those are the facts, the truth and the reality.....

Of the two groups...the democrats are the ones supporting violent murder, not the NRA...

That's already illegal. (JGalt)

NOPE. It is illegal for certain people to own firearms, especially felons. It is not illegal to sell them a firearm without a background check as a private dealer, as long as you do not know that he is not legally allowed to possess such firearm. Sort of a "Don't ask, Don't tell."

Forum List

Back