I Am Athiest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
.....................And I Despise Tax Cuts For The Upper 1%

When we had a middle class back in the 1950-1960 time frame a corporate executive earned about 50 times what a carpenter or plumber made. Now the elitist bastards make 400 times as much and know no shame. They set up a board of directors and tell them what they want. Then....they get it.

In the last thirty years the upper 10% of earners have increased their earnings by nearly 300% while the lower half of earners have remained flat when adjusted for inflation.

Something about that SUCKS!!!

Last edited:
Actually, I think some CEO's are now making around 600-750 x's their average employees.

Welcome!
I respectively disagree with part of that premise. Since Blacks were in slavery and were not eligible for the land grants I think each Black family which had ancestors here at the time should be given 160 acres of prime farmland.

(sorry for that...I meant to reply to the other post about Blacks somehow owing something.)

When we had a middle class back in the 1950-1960 time frame a corporate executive earned about 50 times what a carpenter or plumber made. Now the elitist bastards make 400 times as much and know no shame. They set up a board of directors and tell them what they want. Then....they get it.

In the last thirty years the upper 10% of earners have increased their earnings by nearly 300% while the lower half of earners have remained flat when adjusted for inflation.

The top 10% also paid 68% of all the total federal income taxes too. Maybe you should fall down on your knees and say a prayer of thanks to them for you not having to pay in as much as they did.

Oh wait. You're an atheist.

Just curious here. What does being an atheist have to do with the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer? I don't follow the atheist part. Could you explain please? Thanks.

Actually, I think some CEO's are now making around 600-750 x's their average employees.

Welcome!
I respectively disagree with part of that premise. Since Blacks were in slavery and were not eligible for the land grants I think each Black family which had ancestors here at the time should be given 160 acres of prime farmland.

(sorry for that...I meant to reply to the other post about Blacks somehow owing something.)

What does my comment have to do with slavery and land?

Welcome!

Yea, and I think all foreign countries should give our money back also........... Geez ........

Welcome!

And, what does the OP's post have to do with being an atheist?

Just curious here. What does being an atheist have to do with the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer? I don't follow the atheist part. Could you explain please? Thanks.

Simply that I don't believe I have to donate 10% of my income to a butthole who should look around and find an honest living.

Welcome!

And, what does the OP's post have to do with being an atheist?

I dunno. :p

Simply that I don't believe I have to donate 10% of my income to a butthole who should look around and find an honest living.
That has absolutely zero to do with the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. The wealthy, other than religious leaders, do not get rich off of donations.

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

Dr. Albert Einstein(posted in the NY Times in 1955 at the time of his death)

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

Again, what does the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer, have to do with you being an atheist?

Again, what does the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer, have to do with you being an atheist?

Nothing.....I was an Atheist after I read the bible and the book of Mormon while I was a teenager. What a load of bullshit!

'course when you believe a book written 2000 years ago by folks who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat, shit on the ground and wiped on their hands what can one expect.

There was no such thing as paper till after 500AD and since it was first used in Asia.....DUUUH

Last edited:

Nothing.....I was an Atheist after I read the bible and the book of Mormon while I was a teenager. What a load of bullshit!
Why mention it in the title to the thread? What you believe, or don't believe about GOD, has absolutely nothing to do with economics, wealth, poverty, or the gap between the rich and the poor.

That has absolutely zero to do with the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. The wealthy, other than religious leaders, do not get rich off of donations.

True, but republican politicians become wealthy by pandering to evangelical fundamentalists who put them in office where they become the beneficiaries of the wealthy lobbyists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back