I can admit Bush failed us in many ways...

Now can you lefties do the same for your man? Or are ideological blinders tied too tightly to your face that you can't see or admit the facts of our current situation?

Obama was elected to get the car out of the "ditch"

Gonna be kinda hard to do when he has nearly blown the motor.

I admit it, Bush and Obama both blow chunks

I had several problems with Bush

Immigration
Tarp
Reckless spending not vetoed
Should have focused more on Afg instead of Iraq. Although I don't disagree with Iraq
Not forcing the issue on Freddie and Fannie

I don't disagree with why you think he was elected although my opinion differs slightly. Having said that he has not done his job imo and has instead made it worse.
Those are my criticisms of Bush as well. :clap2:

And now? Bush has recieved the ultimate collective conservative insult. They now say that he wasn't really a conservative, not really.

Which is funny considering this:

Bush Presidency Closes With 34% Approval, 61% Disapproval

Conservative Republicans Still Widely Support Bush

Only four groups give Bush ratings in excess of 40% approval, and all are defined by political points of view. But because membership in these four groups overlaps (e.g., Republicans and conservative Republicans), when they are subdivided into mutually exclusive groups (as in the first graph), it really is only Americans who are both Republicans and conservatives who hold Bush in high esteem.

I've read a number of books on the Bush presidency, including Ron Suskind's, "The Price of Loyalty," about Treasury Sec Paul O'Neill's time in office and Scott McClellan's book, "What Happened." Currently, I'm reading John Dean's "Conservatives Without Conscience."

Frankly, much, if not most, of what went on during the Bush years (including DeLay's House of Representatives) is very reminiscent of old style authoritarian regimes best described as dictatorships with mostly a ceremonial appearance of holding to constitutional checks and balances and the rule of law.

History is going to be very unkind to Bush 43.

In case reading comprehension escaped your school years, let me help you.

This thread is not about Bushes approval ratings. The reference to Bush was merely intended to be a spring board to a broader discussion of finding civility in some debates.

But please feel free to change the subject as usual if you like.

I'm going to a rolling stones tribute concert later so ill be sure to remain in the past as you are when I return.

Frankly, much, if not most, of what went on during the Bush years (including DeLay's House of Representatives) is very reminiscent of old style authoritarian regimes best described as dictatorships with mostly a ceremonial appearance of holding to constitutional checks and balances and the rule of law.

History is going to be very unkind to Bush 43.
Like I said:
For the most part, the left hasn't criticized Obama for the same actions they criticized Bush for.

For the most part, the left hasn't criticized Obama for the same actions they criticized Bush for.

Except they have. Considering I have actually talked to people on "the left", and not just on an internet forum I would know.

Though if Obama is simply Bush III as some Republicans and Conservatives like to throw in Liberals faces, then they should be supporting him. After all, the wide majority of them supported Bush when he left office as I pointed out above.

This thread is not about Bushes approval ratings. The reference to Bush was merely intended to be a spring board to a broader discussion of finding civility in some debates.

You want to talk about finding civility in some debates with the avatar you have? Seriously? :lol:

Except they have. Considering I have actually talked to people on "the left", and not just on an internet forum I would know.

Though if Obama is simply Bush III as some Republicans and Conservatives like to throw in Liberals faces, then they should be supporting him. After all, the wide majority of them supported Bush when he left office as I pointed out above.

Bush massively grew government spending, created a massive new bureaucracy in the TSA, added a prescription drug welfare program, signed a new law restricting free speech going into campaigns (so called "reform"), gave criminals who enter our country illegally a pass. What he actually did in government growth would have been a dream to most Democratic Presidents. Bush knew nothing about economics and had zero appreciation that someone earned the money that he spent because he'd never gotten a job on his own. I see why liberals would like him, but why would a conservative?

I see why liberals would like him, but why would a conservative?

Why don't you direct your question to Gallup? After all, they're the ones who did the poll and found the majority of Conservatives approved of Bush as his left office.

I see why liberals would like him, but why would a conservative?

Why don't you direct your question to Gallup? After all, they're the ones who did the poll and found the majority of Conservatives approved of Bush as his left office.

Because my question was to you regarding the statement you made in the post that I quoted of yours when I asked the question. That's actually why I quoted you, so you'd know what I was referring to.

I can admit Bush failed us in many ways...
Now can you lefties do the same for your man? Or are ideological blinders tied too tightly to your face that you can't see or admit the facts of our current situation?

More like Obama got the motor after it was blown and he’s trying to do an overhaul with no parts or help.

Besides, it’s too early to evaluate the GWB administration – indeed, it could be argued it was the GOP Congress that was more to ‘blame.’

I understand that’s it’s difficult in this age of instant-on, drive thru, immediate results America to understand that it can take years for historians to accurately assess a given president’s job performance. Again, Harry Truman was hated and despised during his time in office.

I would simply like to hear the left accept "some" culpability for the mess were in.

I think that's a slippery slope. I wanted Obama to ask for a larger Recovery Act, but that doesn't mean I think he would have automatically gotten it. He could have asked, gotten a no, and we are still in the same boat today. Due to that, I don't know that anyone can fully blame Obama for our current mess. Unless of course you can point to something he did to make the mess worse.

So you can't even accept "some" culpability? Wow

How can we ever find common ground if everyone claims "not me"?

Clearly you have not read my posts.

Guess you didn't see Mustang's post, huh?

I supported Obama's decisions to keep GITMO open and to expand our presence in Afghanistan.

I did think it was funny how he reversed himself on those issues when he got in office and started seeing the real intel instead of relying on the crap in the MSM. :lol:

what exactly did President Bush do that you felt was wrong?

and Obama was not elected to get the car out of the garage imo....we did not even know we had a financial problem during 90% of the election campaigning period, and we did not know how serious until President bush came on the television about 2- 3 weeks before the election and told us all that our country was going down like a rock, IF the TARP Bailout was not authorized by congress....and he explained to us about Mortgage Backed Securities (which i had never heard of) being the same as Toxic Assets.....

I personally ran to the bank and took out a few thousand to keep under the bed....President Bush scared the pajesus out of me! :eek:

People had their minds made up to vote for Obama LONG BEFORE they even knew we had a crisis or what the depth of the crisis really was....

they didn't elect him to solve this financial crisis....he got elected on the' I am not Bush' scenario imho....

My Hubby said that his customer were like deers in the headlights the day Bush did that.

They are predomanently business owners.

It pissed him off pretty badly,

I supported Obama's decisions to keep GITMO open and to expand our presence in Afghanistan.

I did think it was funny how he reversed himself on those issues when he got in office and started seeing the real intel instead of relying on the crap in the MSM. :lol:

What? He never reversed himself on the issue of expanding our presence in Afghanistan. Looks you were uninformed about his position on that issue as the Liberals who thought we were bringing all the troops home from Afghanistan.

From July 2008:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRspJg1VYA]YouTube - ‪Obama Interview 2008 "Losing Is Not An Option" In Afghanistan‬‏[/ame]

What? He never reversed himself on the issue of expanding our presence in Afghanistan. Looks you were uninformed about his position on that issue as the Liberals who thought we were bringing all the troops home from Afghanistan.

From July 2008:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRspJg1VYA]YouTube - ‪Obama Interview 2008 "Losing Is Not An Option" In Afghanistan‬‏[/ame]
Ummm...not quite.

He said the surge in Iraq was a failure: Barack Oblogger: Obama Says Iraq Is a Failure

So why would he advocate a surge in Afghanistan when he said it didn't work in Iraq?

Oh, and it worked in Iraq, too. He was wrong about that.

they didn't elect him to solve this financial crisis....he got elected on the' I am not Bush' scenario imho....

I agree with this. Obama is all style no substance. We're paying for it now.

It has to suck to believe this and KNOW he will win again in 2012. God Damn your life must suck. :clap2:

Yes, I believe that. And yes, I believe Obama will win again in 2012. Does it suck? Yes. And it is a sign of just how fucking retarded left wing voters are that, despite all this evidence of Obama being a failure, they'll vote for him again. Out of spite, out of feel good emotions, out of just pure zombie like traits Obama's voice puts them in. For whatever reason, we have enough left wing retards in America that they'll still vote for him. Thank the government public school system for that.

Forum List

Back