I can still play.

Raynine

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2023
My son who is in his fifties came over a while back and asked me where my guitar was. I had not played since about 1975 when I was in the last rock band band I played with. The cased guitar, a Fender Strat was in a closet with all kinds of stuff piled on top it and it took him some time to retrieve it. He took it home, cleaned it up and put some new strings on it. He used heavier guage strings than I used to use but it doesn't matter much at moment.

At first I could not do anything. I just put my hands on the fretboard and got used to holding the instrument. The brain is amazing. Old connections occurred slowly at first then like magic things came back. Finger dexterity is as good as it ever was. I bought a used Fender Twin Reverb amp, the same as I played in 1975. I am much more creative than I was then and I was a pretty good lead guitar player.

The guitar needs some work as the fretboard is a little warped but I will get that fixed soon or buy a better guitar. I may get an effects box to work with if things go well.

I don't know anyone who plays so I am just messing around like I did the first time when I got good. Music sucks today so I guess I'll be making my own soon.

My son who is in his fifties came over a while back and asked me where my guitar was. I had not played since about 1975 when I was in the last rock band band I played with. The cased guitar, a Fender Strat was in a closet with all kinds of stuff piled on top it and it took him some time to retrieve it. He took it home, cleaned it up and put some new strings on it. He used heavier guage strings than I used to use but it doesn't matter much at moment.

At first I could not do anything. I just put my hands on the fretboard and got used to holding the instrument. The brain is amazing. Old connections occurred slowly at first then like magic things came back. Finger dexterity is as good as it ever was. I bought a used Fender Twin Reverb amp, the same as I played in 1975. I am much more creative than I was then and I was a pretty good lead guitar player.

The guitar needs some work as the fretboard is a little warped but I will get that fixed soon or buy a better guitar. I may get an effects box to work with if things go well.

I don't know anyone who plays so I am just messing around like I did the first time when I got good. Music sucks today so I guess I'll be making my own soon.
I joined an online musicians' website called wikiloops 3 years ago. It has opened up a whole world of collaboration with other musicians all around the world. Check it out :)

I tried guitar and harmonica and even the banjo and drums... I just don't have what it takes... but I love music of all kinds and normally my summers are filled with music festivals and in my town they have band night every Friday in the park... beer and booze booths big dance floor under the trees and lights.... a ton of fun...

1724518063265.png

Forum List

Back