Walz did not lie to voters. Each time issues of military service were raised: Voters chose Walz and will do so again.

You really don't know what your leaders do. Biden made her border czar. Then she said she was going there to check it out, but went to a tourist town near the border instead.
Harris was never appointed as Border Czar. Though a partisan GOP House committee did call her that and fed to to the wingnut noise Machine

check it out

We"re seeing a serial liar and stolen Valor fraudster in Walz. Not surprisingly. You're OK with leftist lies but feel a need preach to others.
It's not like he was running around telling people he fought in a war. He said one time in a speech "the same weapons I took to war, we should not have on the streets"

Give me a break. And remember, Trump said in 2006 Bush lied us into Iraq. Said it again in 2015 and you voted for him too, so you must know deep down that's the truth. Or was he lying?

Assume he was telling the truth. Then I don't blame Walz for not going to die for a lie. Instead he ran as a Democrat because like Trump he knew Republicans were so evil they would lie us into war.

And you guys know it's true because you went with Trump over Jeb.

Kind of hard to blame Walz for not going to Iraq. Do you think Trump would have gone or sent Baron?

Trump: Well, you know, when she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost — it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which, personally, I think would have been a wonderful thing.

Blitzer: Impeaching him?

Trump: Absolutely, for the war, for the war.

Blitzer: Because of the conduct of the war.

Trump: Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies. And, I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. And they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And, yet, Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.

(CROSSTALK)

Blitzer: Their argument is, they weren’t lying, that that was the intelligence that he was presented, and it was not as if he was just lying about it.

Trump: I don’t believe that.

Blitzer: You believe that it was a deliberate lie?

Trump: I don’t believe it. And I don’t think you believe it either, Wolf. You are a very, very intelligent young man. I don’t think you believe it either.

Kind of hard to blame Walz for not going to Iraq. Do you think Trump would have gone or sent Baron?

Trump: Well, you know, when she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost — it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which, personally, I think would have been a wonderful thing.

Blitzer: Impeaching him?

Trump: Absolutely, for the war, for the war.

Blitzer: Because of the conduct of the war.

Trump: Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies. And, I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. And they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And, yet, Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.

(CROSSTALK)

Blitzer: Their argument is, they weren’t lying, that that was the intelligence that he was presented, and it was not as if he was just lying about it.

Trump: I don’t believe that.

Blitzer: You believe that it was a deliberate lie?

Trump: I don’t believe it. And I don’t think you believe it either, Wolf. You are a very, very intelligent young man. I don’t think you believe it either.
You have a pathological need to bring Trump into every thread. Seek help for your obsession.

You have a pathological need to bring Trump into every thread. Seek help for your obsession.
Actually I'm bringing up Bush. You blame Walz for not going to Iraq? When your leader admitted Bush lied us into that quagmire? And he did such a poor job it was a quagmire. And Bush was sending people back for 7, 8 or 9 tours. He pert near broke the military. This guy is a reservist and the military is stretched so thin they're going to send him over? Fuck that.

He didn't dodge a draft. He was eligible to retire so he did.

I can understand people signing up after 9-11 but I can also understand people quitting the army once we learned Bush lied us into Iraq.

I need to bring up Trump again. It's weird you hate the Dixie chicks for attacking Bush but you voted for Trump when he did it. Huh.

Yes. They disagree with those who attacked Walz.

Walz has faced such attacks before, including in his re-election campaign in 2022, when his GOP opponent questioned his decision to leave the service in 2005. Walz’s campaign responded with a letter signed by 50 veterans praising his record and leadership.

“Governor Walz secured additional funding for new veterans homes,” read the letter, a copy of which the Harris campaign shared Wednesday with NBC News. “In his first term, Minnesota was one of just seven states initially selected by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to participate in the ‘Governor’s Challenge’ to eliminate veteran deaths by suicide.”

According to records by the National Guard, the 1st Battalion of the 125th Field Artillery received an alert order on July 14, 2005, – two months after Walz retired. The mobilization order came in August and the unit mobilized in October.

Joseph Eustice, another retired command sergeant major who served with Walz, tells ABC News that while there was speculation of a deployment around that time there was no firm indication that Walz’s unit would be sent to Iraq until that July alert order.

Eustice says he remembers Walz struggling with the timing of wanting to serve as a lawmaker but also avoiding asking for a deferment so he could do so.

"He had a window of time. He had to decide. And in his deciding, we were not on notice to be deployed. There were rumors. There were lots of rumors, and we didn't know where we were going until it was later that, early summer, I believe,” Eustice told ABC News.

Walz has said he has “an honorable record” — and other service members who led the same battalion have defended him.

“He was a great soldier,” Joseph Eustice, who served 32 years in the National Guard, told the Star Tribune in 2022.

“When he chose to leave, he had every right to leave,” added Eustice, who indicated that other attacks on Walz’s record may have been made by disgruntled soldiers who were passed up for promotions.

Another National Guard member who served under Walz said that the future US lawmaker was eyeing a run for Congress earlier than 2005.

“Would the soldier look down on him because he didn’t go with us? Would the common soldier say, ‘Hey, he didn’t go with us, he’s trying to skip out on a deployment?’ And he wasn’t,” Al Bonnifield recalled to Minnesota Public Radio of Walz’s concerns about dipping out before the deployment to Iraq.

“He talked with us for quite a while on that subject. He weighed that decision to run for Congress very heavy [sic],” Bonnifeld added. “He loved the military, he loved the guard, he loved the soldiers he worked with.”

“We all do what we can. I’m proud I did 24 years,” Walz has said about his service.

Walz joined the National Guard after high school and had served in the 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery before his retirement, where he obtained the rank of command sergeant major.

During his subsequent tenure in Congress, Walz came out in opposition against then-President George W. Bush’s plans to increase troop levels in Iraq.

Where did Walz serve, and what did he do in the National Guard?​

During his service, Walz responded to natural disasters, including floods and tornadoes in Minnesota and Nebraska, and was deployed overseas for months at a time, according to MPR.

In 2003, he was sent to Italy, where he served with the European Security Force to support the war in Afghanistan. He was also stationed in Norway for joint training with other NATO militaries.

Walz told MPR that he reenlisted in the National Guard after the September 11 attacks but never saw active combat in his years in the military.

Stars and Stripes reported in 2020 that Walz credited his Army experience with helping him steer Minnesota through the COVID-19 pandemic as governor.

As governor of Minnesota, Walz is commander in chief of the 13,000-soldier Minnesota National Guard. “I’m certainly proud of my military service, but it’s one piece of me,” he told Minnesota Public Radio in 2018. “It doesn’t define me.”
Are you going to spam every thread with that long, tedious cut and paste?

Actually I'm bringing up Bush. You blame Walz for not going to Iraq? When your leader admitted Bush lied us into that quagmire? And he did such a poor job it was a quagmire. And Bush was sending people back for 7, 8 or 9 tours. He pert near broke the military. This guy is a reservist and the military is stretched so thin they're going to send him over? Fuck that.

He didn't dodge a draft. He was eligible to retire so he did.

I can understand people signing up after 9-11 but I can also understand people quitting the army once we learned Bush lied us into Iraq.

I need to bring up Trump again. It's weird you hate the Dixie chicks for attacking Bush but you voted for Trump when he did it. Huh.
Weird. You have a really debilitating dose of TDS.

We are saying the same things. Walz claims to currently be retired as a CSM (E-9)
I realize that but making an incorrect statement doesn't have the required effect. Actually, there is no COMMAND SgtMaj. The rank is Sergeant Major, the "command" refers to the duty. But you are correct that we agree 100% on the premise.

Are you going to spam every thread with that long, tedious cut and paste?
Here you go, again:

Walz has faced such attacks before, including in his re-election campaign in 2022, when his GOP opponent questioned his decision to leave the service in 2005. Walz’s campaign responded with a letter signed by 50 veterans praising his record and leadership.

Command Sergeant Major Walz did not lie to voters. Each time the issues of military service we are seeing put forth now by Swiftboaters, were raised in previous campaign, the American voters chose Walz, and they will do so will do so again.

No, the voters in Minnesota chose him.

So if he hadn't retired, he'd have KEPT the rank? a bump in pay grade?

ty
Sure if he'd stuck around long enough to complete the requirements. You don't get to claim a title by doing it halfway. He also would have served in combat which he knew was the end result as soon as he was deployed to the staging area in Italy. It is clear you never served in the military.

Sure if he'd stuck around long enough to complete the requirements. You don't get to claim a title by doing it halfway. He also would have served in combat which he knew was the end result as soon as he was deployed to the staging area in Italy. It is clear you never served in the military.
He was a CMS. He served as one.

Forum List

Back