Walz did not lie to voters. Each time issues of military service were raised: Voters chose Walz and will do so again.

She was the border czar before she wasn’t the border czar.

So Trump was for a debate with Harris, before he was against one, but is now again for one?

Trump flip flops. No. I mean Trump, flip flops.

trump flip flops.jpg

Yes. They disagree with those who attacked Walz.

Walz has faced such attacks before, including in his re-election campaign in 2022, when his GOP opponent questioned his decision to leave the service in 2005. Walz’s campaign responded with a letter signed by 50 veterans praising his record and leadership.

“Governor Walz secured additional funding for new veterans homes,” read the letter, a copy of which the Harris campaign shared Wednesday with NBC News. “In his first term, Minnesota was one of just seven states initially selected by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to participate in the ‘Governor’s Challenge’ to eliminate veteran deaths by suicide.”

According to records by the National Guard, the 1st Battalion of the 125th Field Artillery received an alert order on July 14, 2005, – two months after Walz retired. The mobilization order came in August and the unit mobilized in October.

Joseph Eustice, another retired command sergeant major who served with Walz, tells ABC News that while there was speculation of a deployment around that time there was no firm indication that Walz’s unit would be sent to Iraq until that July alert order.

Eustice says he remembers Walz struggling with the timing of wanting to serve as a lawmaker but also avoiding asking for a deferment so he could do so.

"He had a window of time. He had to decide. And in his deciding, we were not on notice to be deployed. There were rumors. There were lots of rumors, and we didn't know where we were going until it was later that, early summer, I believe,” Eustice told ABC News.

Walz has said he has “an honorable record” — and other service members who led the same battalion have defended him.

“He was a great soldier,” Joseph Eustice, who served 32 years in the National Guard, told the Star Tribune in 2022.

“When he chose to leave, he had every right to leave,” added Eustice, who indicated that other attacks on Walz’s record may have been made by disgruntled soldiers who were passed up for promotions.

Another National Guard member who served under Walz said that the future US lawmaker was eyeing a run for Congress earlier than 2005.

“Would the soldier look down on him because he didn’t go with us? Would the common soldier say, ‘Hey, he didn’t go with us, he’s trying to skip out on a deployment?’ And he wasn’t,” Al Bonnifield recalled to Minnesota Public Radio of Walz’s concerns about dipping out before the deployment to Iraq.

“He talked with us for quite a while on that subject. He weighed that decision to run for Congress very heavy [sic],” Bonnifeld added. “He loved the military, he loved the guard, he loved the soldiers he worked with.”

“We all do what we can. I’m proud I did 24 years,” Walz has said about his service.

Walz joined the National Guard after high school and had served in the 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery before his retirement, where he obtained the rank of command sergeant major.

During his subsequent tenure in Congress, Walz came out in opposition against then-President George W. Bush’s plans to increase troop levels in Iraq.

Where did Walz serve, and what did he do in the National Guard?​

During his service, Walz responded to natural disasters, including floods and tornadoes in Minnesota and Nebraska, and was deployed overseas for months at a time, according to MPR.

In 2003, he was sent to Italy, where he served with the European Security Force to support the war in Afghanistan. He was also stationed in Norway for joint training with other NATO militaries.

Walz told MPR that he reenlisted in the National Guard after the September 11 attacks but never saw active combat in his years in the military.

Stars and Stripes reported in 2020 that Walz credited his Army experience with helping him steer Minnesota through the COVID-19 pandemic as governor.

As governor of Minnesota, Walz is commander in chief of the 13,000-soldier Minnesota National Guard. “I’m certainly proud of my military service, but it’s one piece of me,” he told Minnesota Public Radio in 2018. “It doesn’t define me.”

Pennsylvania
Ohio
North Carolina
Georgia

So Trump was for a debate with Harris, before he was against one, but is now again for one?

Trump flip flops. No. I mean Trump, flip flops.

View attachment 992223
Trump is doing a press conference now before the press. Harris? Still on a leash because her handlers know she has "Biden Syndrome", a complete lack of ability to form coherent sentences.

So Trump was for a debate with Harris,
You misspelled “Biden.”

Trump was for a debate with Biden before the cabal withdrew him.
before he was against one,
Not much point in debating Biden again. Biden crumbles the first time and then not ousted as a candidate by the cabal.
but is now again for one?
Nope. Ya dope. He remains for one with Heels Up. She’s the one running away. As you already know. So do the rest of us.

Trump is doing a press conference now before the press. Harris? Still on a leash because her handlers know she has "Biden Syndrome", a complete lack of ability to form coherent sentences.

Save your time

Lil Timmie walked out into the woods of Minnesota with his very first rifle. He was by golly gonna bag him a squirrel.

He tried. He missed. But it was during a war. So lil Timmie claims he used a gun in the war.

Dutifully, the dainty defends the delusional old dope and his absurd claim.

Oh good another thread about this

It's important to remember why Walz didn't go to Iraq in 2008.

This is what Trump said in 2006

In the Feb. 13 debate in South Carolina, debate moderator John Dickerson asked Trump about an October 2008 interview in which Trump said it would have been a “wonderful thing” if Democratic Rep. Nancy Pelosi tried to impeach Bush because he lied about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. Asked if he still believes that Bush should have been impeached, Trump called the Iraq war a “big fat mistake.” Pressed again for an answer, Trump went on to say, “They lied.”

So do you believe Trump would have went to Iraq? Or sent Baron?

Democrats expect Democrats to lie.
It won't cost a single Democrat vote.

This is like Hillary saying she was under sniper fire. Or that dog murderer saying she met with Kim Jung Un. She actually wrote it in a book. Why would she go that far to lie? Well Walz just maybe slipped when he was bragging about his service. The point was you shouldn't have military weapons in civilians hands. So it wasn't even a lie. It was a mistake. And even if it's a lie, it's one little one.

Trump has been lying every day about both big and little lies. And you don't mind at all. I think conservatives believe it's okay to lie as long as you are lying for the lord.

This is like Hillary saying she was under sniper fire. Or that dog murderer saying she met with Kim Jung Un. She actually wrote it in a book. Why would she go that far to lie? Well Walz just maybe slipped when he was bragging about his service. The point was you shouldn't have military weapons in civilians hands. So it wasn't even a lie. It was a mistake. And even if it's a lie, it's one little one.

Trump has been lying every day about both big and little lies. And you don't mind at all. I think conservatives believe it's okay to lie as long as you are lying for the lord.
We"re seeing a serial liar and stolen Valor fraudster in Walz. Not surprisingly. You're OK with leftist lies but feel a need preach to others.

and others in the military agree.
Yes. They disagree with those who attacked Walz.

Walz has faced such attacks before, including in his re-election campaign in 2022, when his GOP opponent questioned his decision to leave the service in 2005. Walz’s campaign responded with a letter signed by 50 veterans praising his record and leadership.

“Governor Walz secured additional funding for new veterans homes,” read the letter, a copy of which the Harris campaign shared Wednesday with NBC News. “In his first term, Minnesota was one of just seven states initially selected by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to participate in the ‘Governor’s Challenge’ to eliminate veteran deaths by suicide.”

According to records by the National Guard, the 1st Battalion of the 125th Field Artillery received an alert order on July 14, 2005, – two months after Walz retired. The mobilization order came in August and the unit mobilized in October.

Joseph Eustice, another retired command sergeant major who served with Walz, tells ABC News that while there was speculation of a deployment around that time there was no firm indication that Walz’s unit would be sent to Iraq until that July alert order.

Eustice says he remembers Walz struggling with the timing of wanting to serve as a lawmaker but also avoiding asking for a deferment so he could do so.

"He had a window of time. He had to decide. And in his deciding, we were not on notice to be deployed. There were rumors. There were lots of rumors, and we didn't know where we were going until it was later that, early summer, I believe,” Eustice told ABC News.

Walz has said he has “an honorable record” — and other service members who led the same battalion have defended him.

“He was a great soldier,” Joseph Eustice, who served 32 years in the National Guard, told the Star Tribune in 2022.

“When he chose to leave, he had every right to leave,” added Eustice, who indicated that other attacks on Walz’s record may have been made by disgruntled soldiers who were passed up for promotions.

Another National Guard member who served under Walz said that the future US lawmaker was eyeing a run for Congress earlier than 2005.

“Would the soldier look down on him because he didn’t go with us? Would the common soldier say, ‘Hey, he didn’t go with us, he’s trying to skip out on a deployment?’ And he wasn’t,” Al Bonnifield recalled to Minnesota Public Radio of Walz’s concerns about dipping out before the deployment to Iraq.

“He talked with us for quite a while on that subject. He weighed that decision to run for Congress very heavy [sic],” Bonnifeld added. “He loved the military, he loved the guard, he loved the soldiers he worked with.”

“We all do what we can. I’m proud I did 24 years,” Walz has said about his service.

Walz joined the National Guard after high school and had served in the 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery before his retirement, where he obtained the rank of command sergeant major.

During his subsequent tenure in Congress, Walz came out in opposition against then-President George W. Bush’s plans to increase troop levels in Iraq.

Where did Walz serve, and what did he do in the National Guard?​

During his service, Walz responded to natural disasters, including floods and tornadoes in Minnesota and Nebraska, and was deployed overseas for months at a time, according to MPR.

In 2003, he was sent to Italy, where he served with the European Security Force to support the war in Afghanistan. He was also stationed in Norway for joint training with other NATO militaries.

Walz told MPR that he reenlisted in the National Guard after the September 11 attacks but never saw active combat in his years in the military.

Stars and Stripes reported in 2020 that Walz credited his Army experience with helping him steer Minnesota through the COVID-19 pandemic as governor.

As governor of Minnesota, Walz is commander in chief of the 13,000-soldier Minnesota National Guard. “I’m certainly proud of my military service, but it’s one piece of me,” he told Minnesota Public Radio in 2018. “It doesn’t define me.”

Forum List

Back