Did Command Sergeant Major Walz serve during wartime?

He isnt a command SgtMaj. He lost that rank because he did not stay long enough to fulfill the requirements to retire at that he retired a Master Sgt.
Yes, he administratively lost the rank on retirement because he had not completed his courses yet.

He did not get demoted while serving. He did not get demoted for anything dishonorable. He was administratively demoted, upon retirement.

Attacks are accusing Walz of feigning a record in active combat: "[Walz] said - and he was making a point about gun control - he said, ‘we shouldn't allow weapons that I used in war, to be on America's streets.' "Well, I wonder (said JD Vance), Tim Walz, when you ever in war?"

Vance has been exposed actually misquoting Walz in one of his screeds.

In the clip Vance was referencing, Walz says that he "carried" weapons in war, not "used." Given that Operation Enduring Freedom was a part of the post-9/11 War on Terror, and that Walz was deployed to Italy under it - and likely had a service weapon - the claim that he is engaging in "stolen valor" holds little water.

Vance spoke on Wednesday as if he served more honorably than Walz, noting that he went to Iraq "I did it, I did what they asked me to do and I did it honorably," he said The senator was deployed for six months in Iraq as a combat correspondent in 2005 as part of the Marines' Public Affairs office. He - like Walz - never engaged in active combat and has stated that he was "lucky to escape any real fighting," during his deployment.
---

View attachment 992096

"Though Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said."

The people-of-the-cult need to stop disrespecting military men and women in order to go after Walz

View attachment 992099
He didnt do the required work to become a Command Sergeant Major, so he left the military with the rank of Master Sergeant, yet for many years.... remind me again, what rank did he claim that he retired as? :laugh:

which means he never officially had the rank.
I read an article in the Minnesota local press when he was running previously, that said they contacted the National Guard and the guard said he did hold the rank provisionally and it was ok for him to say he did hold it while serving, even when he didn't hold it administratively in retirement.

They were Vietnam Vets before the name change to Vietnam Era Vets.

The term has been used to describe veterans who served in the armed forces of South Vietnam, the United States Armed Forces, and other South Vietnam–backed allies, whether or not they were stationed in Vietnam during their service. However, the more common usage distinguishes between those who served "in-country" and those who did not serve in Vietnam by referring to the "in-country" veterans as "Vietnam veterans" and the others as "Vietnam-era veterans." Regardless, the U.S. government officially refers to all as "Vietnam-era veterans."

"Vietnam-era veteran. A veteran who served any time during the Vietnam era (i.e., from August 5, 1964, through May 7, 1975)." - makes no distinction to where one served. source: US Office of Personnel Management

So was GWB a Vietnam Era Veteran?

All of this to cover for a screw up by Harris in not properly vetting for this before her announcement.

It's not my definition. Its a US government definition.

Already posted it.

They were Vietnam Vets before the name change to Vietnam Era Vets.

The term has been used to describe veterans who served in the armed forces of South Vietnam, the United States Armed Forces, and other South Vietnam–backed allies, whether or not they were stationed in Vietnam during their service. However, the more common usage distinguishes between those who served "in-country" and those who did not serve in Vietnam by referring to the "in-country" veterans as "Vietnam veterans" and the others as "Vietnam-era veterans." Regardless, the U.S. government officially refers to all as "Vietnam-era veterans."

"Vietnam-era veteran. A veteran who served any time during the Vietnam era (i.e., from August 5, 1964, through May 7, 1975)." - makes no distinction to where one served. source: US Office of Personnel Management

So was he, yes or no?

which means he never officially had the rank.
Walz "provisionally" held the rank

Walz temporarily held the title of command sergeant major. So say the NG

“Governor Tim Walz...He held multiple positions within field artillery such as firing battery chief, operations sergeant, first sergeant, and culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion,” Army Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, Minnesota National Guard’s State Public Affairs Officer, told Just the News in a statement Wednesday.

“He retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy,” she added.

According to Army Regulation 600-8-19, a solider who does not complete the requisite coursework results is automatically demoted.

Walz "provisionally" held the rank

Walz temporarily held the title of command sergeant major. So say the NG

“Governor Tim Walz...He held multiple positions within field artillery such as firing battery chief, operations sergeant, first sergeant, and culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion,” Army Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, Minnesota National Guard’s State Public Affairs Officer, told Just the News in a statement Wednesday.

“He retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy,” she added.

According to Army Regulation 600-8-19, a solider who does not complete the requisite coursework results is automatically demoted.
Do you know what "temporarily" means, Dumbass?

He retired as a Master Sergeant. He claims the rank of Command Sergeant.

Stolen valor.

Why do you insist on defending scum?

Stolen valor.

“Governor Tim Walz...culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion,” Army Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, Minnesota National Guard’s State Public Affairs Officer

Stolen valor.

Triggered!

usmb trigger text.png

Forum List

Back