Tim Walz Swiftboated, Stolen Valor. Falsely Was in "War" When He Actually Abandoned His Men When They Shipped to Iraq

I dropped mine with only a few months notice. But that was before 2003.

The regulations on this may have changed over the years, especially after all the never ending wars, because units needed to be given more time to replace people. Back in the days when Walz retired, people could still retire within a few months notice.

Walz retied in the middle of the never ending wars, only 4 years before I did. I do not think things changed that much in those 4 years.

So not only did he falsely claim he was in a war zone, he turned tail and abandoned his men when they shipped to Iraq.

"I carried a weapon of war in war” - Tim Walz

Tim Walz a ‘coward’ and ‘traitor’ for retiring from military before Iraq, says Guardsman who replaced VP pick​

By
Isabel Vincent
Published Aug. 6, 2024,

When Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz chose to leave the military on the eve of his deployment to Iraq, Thomas Behrends went in his place.

“I needed to hit the ground running and take care of the troops — and tell them we were going to war,” Behrends said of the 500 soldiers under his command. “For a guy in that position, to quit is cowardice.”
Behrends, a 63-year-old farmer in Brewster, Minn., called the Democratic vice presidential candidate “a traitor” for retiring from their Minnesota National Guard unit just before their deployment to Iraq in 2005.
“When your country calls, you are supposed to run into battle — not the other way,” the retired command sergeant major told The Post Tuesday. “He ran away. It’s sad.

“He had the opportunity to serve his country, and said ‘Screw you’ to the United States. That’s not who I would pick to run for vice president.”

Kamala Harris at microphones with Tim Walz standing behind her
Fellow National Guardsmen who went to Iraq in place of Gov. Tim Walz say Kamala Harris’ VP pick is a “traitor” for retiring before deployment.REUTERS

Tim Walz's past DUI arrest for driving 96 mph in a 55 zone comes back to haunt VP pick

When Democratic vice presidential pick Tim Walz retired from the National Guard on the eve of his battalion’s deployment to Iraq in 2005, Tom Behrends (above) took his place as command sergeant major overseeing 500 troops.courtesy of Thomas Behrends

Behrends (above) called Walz a “coward” for retiring from the National Guard on the eve of his unit’s Iraq deployment in 2005.courtesy of Thomas Behrends

Walz, 60, joined the National Guard after high school and served 24 years in the 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery, rising to the rank of command sergeant major. He retired in 2005 — months after a warning order that the battalion would be deployed to Iraq — to run for Congress. He was elected to office in 2006.

“On May 16th, 2005, [Walz] quit, betraying his country, leaving the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion and its Soldiers hanging without its senior Non-Commissioned Officer, as the battalion prepared for war,” Behrends and fellow retired Guardsman Paul Herr wrote in a letter posted to Facebook during Walz’s first gubernatorial run, in 2018.

TS

Is that the open letter that was a paid political endorsement?
Have your leftist overlords provided any evidence that refutes those allegations?

Maybe you should check in with them. You may have gotten out over your skis in your haste to defend yet another Democrat...right, "centrist"? :lmao:

Nope, he would not have retired at E-9 until he was in that rank for at least 2 years.
He was never qualified to hold that rank. He was in the process of completing the coursework when he suddenly retired.

Conveniently after learning his unit was going to Iraq.

Have your leftist overlords provided any evidence that refutes those allegations?

Maybe you should check in with them. You may have gotten out over your skis in your haste to defend yet another Democrat...right, "centrist"? :lmao:

They are the opinions of someone, they are not backed up with any sort of evidence.

It is not about defending a Dem or Repub, it is about defending a fellow Veteran against attacks based on hearsay and rumors.

Are you a Veteran?

Sounded like a passive -aggressive assertion to me.
But OK...

No.

Because of this...

1723149549133.png

Do you have evidence he put in for retirement before the WO came in?

His unit did not leave for Iraq till March of 2006.

The unit did not receive their orders till July of 2005, after he was retired.

Nobody can show when they got the "unofficial" word they might deploy, but that they were deploying to Iraq was not official till 2 months after he was retired.

Forum List

Back