Here Are The 10 States With The Poorest Quality Of Life

Was About to call BS on Arizona then saw v-this-v in the link you provided...while I still have my doubts it's hard to argue with folks who would choose death over the state.
107402852-1713392084837-gettyimages-2147888178-20240417-azstateleg3198.jpeg
But I have to take umbrage with v-this-v
  1. Texas
  2. Indiana
  3. Alabama
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Arkansas
  6. Tennessee
  7. Missouri
  8. Louisiana
  9. Kansas
  10. Arizona
If New Jersey isn't on that list then it is bogus...NJ is just across the river from here and I had lived in Jersey for 2 years and I've been to 8 of those states on the list and they were all a lot nicer than Jersey...the south bronx is nicer than jersey.

Last edited:
Was About to call BS on Arizona then saw v-this-v in the link you provided...while I still have my doubts it's hard to argue with folks who would choose death over the state.

But I have to take umbrage with v-this-v

If New Jersey isn't on that list then it is bogus...NJ is just across the river from here and I had lived in Jersey for 2 years and I've been to 8 of those states on the list and they were all a lot nicer than Jersey...the south bronx is nicer than jersey.
I have lived in NJ for over 40 years, it is a beautiful state with ocean beaches, forests, mountains, Delaware River also some of the finest culture in the country with music, local theater and tons of famous people

I have lived in NJ for over 40 years, it is a beautiful state with ocean beaches, forests, mountains, Delaware River also some of the finest culture in the country with music, local theater and tons of famous people
so using your post as a guideline all we need to rebut that list is folks living in those states to tell you how wrong that list is?...unlike the states on that list I hate even driving through NJ, we both know that state should top the list.

so using your post as a guideline all we need to rebut that list is folks living in those states to tell you how wrong that list is?...unlike the states on that list I hate even driving through NJ, we both know that state should top the list.

Don’t know where you drive in NJ
Try the Palisades Parkway, drive down the Jersey Shore, Delaware Water Gap, visit the State Parks

I have been to every state in the OP
The only ones I disagree with are Tennessee and Arizona which I thought were beautiful states

CNBC uses multiple factors like crime rates, health care, air quality and child care when determining quality of life of each state.

interesting metric OP.
one could have issue with it
~S~

CNBC uses multiple factors like crime rates, health care, air quality and child care when determining quality of life of each state.

interesting metric OP.
one could have issue with it
~S~

Not what I would normally consider quality of life issues

Health care and crime affect your quality of life.
I don’t know many people who complain that air quality and child care are affecting their quality of life.

I could never live in any of those states. But that doesn't mean the quality of life is bad. One can have a good quality no matter where one lives.

Spoken like a first worlder who has no real idea of life.

It's really hard to have a good quality of life if there is no decent access to health care, or high crime rates.

Not what I would normally consider quality of life issues

Health care and crime affect your quality of life.
I don’t know many people who complain that air quality and child care are affecting their quality of life.

Raising my hand right here. Air quality profoundly affects the quality of my life. I'm asthmatic and used to have to go to Emergency several times a year with asthma attacks. Since the Province of Ontario closed all of their coal fired plants in the early 1990's, I haven't been to Emergency for my asthma at all.

And Child Care affects every working woman with young children.

Raising my hand right here. Air quality profoundly affects the quality of my life. I'm asthmatic and used to have to go to Emergency several times a year with asthma attacks. Since the Province of Ontario closed all of their coal fired plants in the early 1990's, I haven't been to Emergency for my asthma at all.

And Child Care affects every working woman with young children.

I agree…some people are affected
But the overwhelming majority are not

Child care is an issue during a ten year period of your life when your children are pre-school. It is not critical to most others

I agree…some people are affected
But the overwhelming majority are not

Child care is an issue during a ten year period of your life when your children are pre-school. It is not critical to most others

I seem to remember you saying "Who needs heath insurance before age 50?" and my response was "women". from 20 to 40 are our child bearing years, and when we need access to medical care the most.

Child care is a MASSIVE issue nation wide, and not just in the USA. You need child care until your youngest child is in school full time. If you have 3 children spaced 2 years apart, you need child care for 16 years. That's nearly 1/3 of your working life.

10% of adult women have asthma, and 6% of men. Asthma is the leading chronic disease among children and it's on the rise as pollution levels rise.

Stop pretending that "women's issues" are no big deal.

Forum List

Back