Did Command Sergeant Major Walz serve during wartime?

Walz was never in war. He never fought in any war, veterans will get him.
Not being a combat vet, he never claimed to have fought in a war. Many military people who never serve in combat during what we call wars, are veterans of those wars. .

Stop disrespecting veterans in order to attack Walz.

Veterans of Operation Enduring Freedom and their families know.

I know Vietnam Vets who never left US soil.

Yes. Then you have Vietnam Era vets. All the Posts now are Vietnam Era Veterans Posts. I guess they were all into inclusion, and equity, and...

If they never left US soil they are NOT Vietnam Veterans.

My father was in the Atlantic Fleet his whole enlistment, and he NEVER refers to himself as a Vietnam vet.

Walz is still on the hook for claiming he was "in war" when he wasn't.

If they never left US soil they are NOT Vietnam Veterans.

My father was in the Atlantic Fleet his whole enlistment, and he NEVER refers to himself as a Vietnam vet.

Walz is still on the hook for claiming he was "in war" when he wasn't.
Too funny.

I know many many people who stayed on ships, stayed in Germany and other places with bases, and many who never left US soil. All are Vietnam Vets and are referred to in that way by the Veterans groups and the Veterans offices at the state and national levels.

Nobody cares about an anecdotal story about some dad on a ship.

and You have this problem with memory

Too funny.

I know many many people who stayed on ships, stayed in Germany and other places with bases, and many who never left US soil. All are Vietnam Vets and are referred to in that way by the Veterans groups and the Veterans offices at the state and national levels.

Nobody cares about an anecdotal story about some dad on a ship.

and You have this problem with memory

Era vets, not Vietnam vets.

So is GWB a Vietnam vet by your definition?

Your next dodge will be to bring up WWII, but that's a unique situation, as it was complete national mobilization.

And even then the vets usually quantify their service by saying where they served, Pacific, Europe, North Africa, or even Homefront.

Your next dodge will be to bring up WWII, but that's a unique situation, as it was complete national mobilization.

And even then the vets usually quantify their service by saying where they served, Pacific, Europe, North Africa, or even Homefront.
Yeah, I don't recall W claiming to be a Vietnam vet.

"In war" "During wartime"

Most normal thinking people know that a war is during wartime is a war.

Walz deployed with the Minnesota National Guard in August 2003 to Vicenza, Italy, as part of support for the US war in Afghanistan, according to a Minnesota Guard spokesperson. He did not deploy to Afghanistan or Iraq or a combat zone as part of his service.

Operation Enduring Freedom was the official name used by the U.S. government for both the first stage of the War in Afghanistan and the larger-scale Global War on Terrorism.

Many families of veterans who served during Operation Enduring Freedom will be voting. MAGA watch out.

No, it's a HUGE difference. You must have been doing something "during wartime", right? Work, school, collecting welfare, committing petty crimes, looking in peoples' windows. Something, right? And it was happening at the same time a war was going on, right?

Weird Walz lied about being "in war". That's stolen valor, and it's a federal crime.

They were Vietnam Vets before the name change to Vietnam Era Vets.

The term has been used to describe veterans who served in the armed forces of South Vietnam, the United States Armed Forces, and other South Vietnam–backed allies, whether or not they were stationed in Vietnam during their service. However, the more common usage distinguishes between those who served "in-country" and those who did not serve in Vietnam by referring to the "in-country" veterans as "Vietnam veterans" and the others as "Vietnam-era veterans." Regardless, the U.S. government officially refers to all as "Vietnam-era veterans."

"Vietnam-era veteran. A veteran who served any time during the Vietnam era (i.e., from August 5, 1964, through May 7, 1975)." - makes no distinction to where one served. source: US Office of Personnel Management

Last edited:
I know Vietnam Vets who never left US soil.

Yes. Then you have Vietnam Era vets. All the Posts now are Vietnam Era Veterans Posts. I guess they were all into inclusion, and equity, and...
Then they aren't Vietnam Vets. They are posers, or outright liars.

Attacks are accusing Walz of feigning a record in active combat: "[Walz] said - and he was making a point about gun control - he said, ‘we shouldn't allow weapons that I used in war, to be on America's streets.' "Well, I wonder (said JD Vance), Tim Walz, when you ever in war?"

Vance has been exposed actually misquoting Walz in one of his screeds.

In the clip Vance was referencing, Walz says that he "carried" weapons in war, not "used." Given that Operation Enduring Freedom was a part of the post-9/11 War on Terror, and that Walz was deployed to Italy under it - and likely had a service weapon - the claim that he is engaging in "stolen valor" holds little water.

Vance spoke on Wednesday as if he served more honorably than Walz, noting that he went to Iraq "I did it, I did what they asked me to do and I did it honorably," he said The senator was deployed for six months in Iraq as a combat correspondent in 2005 as part of the Marines' Public Affairs office. He - like Walz - never engaged in active combat and has stated that he was "lucky to escape any real fighting," during his deployment.
---

View attachment 992096

"Though Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said."

The people-of-the-cult need to stop disrespecting military men and women in order to go after Walz

View attachment 992099
Tampon Timmy never was in a war, never carried a gun in war.

Cool thread. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Attacks are accusing Walz of feigning a record in active combat: "[Walz] said - and he was making a point about gun control - he said, ‘we shouldn't allow weapons that I used in war, to be on America's streets.' "Well, I wonder (said JD Vance), Tim Walz, when you ever in war?"

Vance has been exposed actually misquoting Walz in one of his screeds.

In the clip Vance was referencing, Walz says that he "carried" weapons in war, not "used." Given that Operation Enduring Freedom was a part of the post-9/11 War on Terror, and that Walz was deployed to Italy under it - and likely had a service weapon - the claim that he is engaging in "stolen valor" holds little water.

Vance spoke on Wednesday as if he served more honorably than Walz, noting that he went to Iraq "I did it, I did what they asked me to do and I did it honorably," he said The senator was deployed for six months in Iraq as a combat correspondent in 2005 as part of the Marines' Public Affairs office. He - like Walz - never engaged in active combat and has stated that he was "lucky to escape any real fighting," during his deployment.
---

View attachment 992096

"Though Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said."

The people-of-the-cult need to stop disrespecting military men and women in order to go after Walz

View attachment 992099

Now list the casualties on the bases Tampon Timmy was stationed on here:

Walz served in the National Guard for 24 years after enlisting in 1981.[24] During his military career, he had postings in Arkansas, Texas, the Arctic Circle, New Ulm, Minnesota, and elsewhere.

It's not my definition. Its a US government definition.

Already posted it.

They were Vietnam Vets before the name change to Vietnam Era Vets.

The term has been used to describe veterans who served in the armed forces of South Vietnam, the United States Armed Forces, and other South Vietnam–backed allies, whether or not they were stationed in Vietnam during their service. However, the more common usage distinguishes between those who served "in-country" and those who did not serve in Vietnam by referring to the "in-country" veterans as "Vietnam veterans" and the others as "Vietnam-era veterans." Regardless, the U.S. government officially refers to all as "Vietnam-era veterans."

"Vietnam-era veteran. A veteran who served any time during the Vietnam era (i.e., from August 5, 1964, through May 7, 1975)." - makes no distinction to where one served. source: US Office of Personnel Management

"Command" Sergeant Walz didn't serve anywhere. He was given that title to go overseas into combat. He quit instead, and never completed the required testing and training for the title, so the the promotion was rescinded

Forum List

Back