Did Command Sergeant Major Walz serve during wartime?

Did Command Sergeant Major Walz serve during wartime?​

That’s the wrong question, as the dainty fully well knows.

The actual question, based on what Walz actually said, is whether he ever used a military weapon “in war.”

No. He didn’t.

What war did J.D. Bowman serve in? He was a correspondent.

Attacks are accusing Walz of feigning a record in active combat: "[Walz] said - and he was making a point about gun control - he said, ‘we shouldn't allow weapons that I used in war, to be on America's streets.' "Well, I wonder (said JD Vance), Tim Walz, when you ever in war?"

Vance has been exposed actually misquoting Walz in one of his screeds.

In the clip Vance was referencing, Walz says that he "carried" weapons in war, not "used." Given that Operation Enduring Freedom was a part of the post-9/11 War on Terror, and that Walz was deployed to Italy under it - and likely had a service weapon - the claim that he is engaging in "stolen valor" holds little water.

Vance spoke on Wednesday as if he served more honorably than Walz, noting that he went to Iraq "I did it, I did what they asked me to do and I did it honorably," he said The senator was deployed for six months in Iraq as a combat correspondent in 2005 as part of the Marines' Public Affairs office. He - like Walz - never engaged in active combat and has stated that he was "lucky to escape any real fighting," during his deployment.
---

View attachment 992096

"Though Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said."

The people-of-the-cult need to stop disrespecting military men and women in order to go after Walz

View attachment 992099
He isnt a command SgtMaj. He lost that rank because he did not stay long enough to fulfill the requirements to retire at that he retired a Master Sgt.

Attacks are accusing Walz of feigning a record in active combat: "[Walz] said - and he was making a point about gun control - he said, ‘we shouldn't allow weapons that I used in war, to be on America's streets.' "Well, I wonder (said JD Vance), Tim Walz, when you ever in war?"

In the clip Vance was referencing, Walz says that he "carried" weapons in war, not "used." Given that Operation Enduring Freedom was a part of the post-9/11 War on Terror, and that Walz was deployed to Italy under it - and likely had a service weapon - the claim that he is engaging in "stolen valor" holds little water.

Vance spoke on Wednesday as if he served more honorably than Walz, noting that he went to Iraq "I did it, I did what they asked me to do and I did it honorably," he said The senator was deployed for six months in Iraq as a combat correspondent in 2005 as part of the Marines' Public Affairs office. He - like Walz - never engaged in active combat and has stated that he was "lucky to escape any real fighting," during his deployment.
---

View attachment 992096

"Though Walz did achieve the rank of command sergeant major, it was a provisional rank until he completed required coursework for senior leaders, National Guard officials said. He did not do so by the time he departed the military and his retirement rank reverted to master sergeant on May 15, 2005, officials said."

The people-of-the-cult need to stop disrespecting military men and women in order to go after Walz

View attachment 992099
That's quite the fast shuffle. What a sorry joke.

He isnt a command SgtMaj. He lost that rank because he did not stay long enough to fulfill the requirements to retire at that he retired a Master Sgt.
Lost the rank (for retirement purposes). Meaning he actually served as a Command Sergeant Major

ty

---

View attachment 992096

View attachment 992099
1. Walz was NG. In other words he played soldier 38 days a year. Over 24 years that's the equivalent of 2.5 years of active service, never deployed and didnt have to even leave his hometown. Nothing wrong with NG service, but the framing that he's a 24-year military vet is dubious, and they are clearly trying to make it seem like he served 24 years on active duty. That's what I thought was the case based on the reporting until I looked it up. They should say he served 24 years in the NG.

2. Walz wasn't a Command Sgt Maj. He might have been selected for the rank but he wasnt one, and military ranks in the NG just arent that impressive. Sorry. they just aren't. He clearly doesnt have the support of a number of the people he served with in the Minne NG.

3. Walz never served in a combat zone, was never shot at or fired his weapon in anger.

4. Pointing these things out isn't disrespecting his service unless he's ashamed of it or you think it's shameful.

1. Walz was NG. In other words he played soldier 38 days a year. Over 24 years that's the equivalent of 2.5 years of active service, never deployed and didnt have to even leave his hometown. Nothing wrong with NG service, but the framing that he's a 24-year military vet is dubious, and they are clearly trying to make it seem like he served 24 years on active duty. That's what I thought was the case based on the reporting until I looked it up. They should say he served 24 years in the NG.

2. Walz wasn't a Command Sgt Maj. He might have been selected for the rank but he wasnt one, and military ranks in the NG just arent that impressive. Sorry. they just aren't. He clearly doesnt have the support of a number of the people he served with in the Minne NG.

3. Walz never served in a combat zone, was never shot at or fired his weapon in anger.

4. Pointing these things out isn't disrespecting his service unless he's ashamed of it or you think it's shameful.
🧌

Well what he claims is what he claims. Others keep claiming he claims what he doesn't.

"Minnesota National Guard spox Army Lieutenant Colonel Kristen Augé told Just the News that Walz, Kamala Harris' vice presidential running mate, was demoted and did not retire as a command sergeant major as he has claimed for years - including on his official gubernatorial biography - as he failed to complete a 750-hour course in the Army's Sergeants Major Academy, a mandatory course for E-9s, the Army's highest enlisted rank.

While Walz temporarily held the title of command sergeant major he "retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy," Army Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, the Minnesota National Guard’s State Public Affairs Officer, told Just the News."

In other words, he was selected and maybe even pinned on the rank, but never did the work in order to be actually promoted to the rank.

Glad the Minnesota NG could clear that up for you.

Walz is a former command Sgtmaj (provisionally) LOL

CSgtMaj (prov) isnt a rank.

The question was asked if Walz served during wartime. Yes. or No?
916.png
That's not the question. The question is did Walz serve in a war. There's a distinct difference. One Im quite sure is lost on you and Procrustes Stretched

Video of him saying it. Tell us again how he didnt say he carried the weapons in a war.

Carried.. yes. Always said he carried weapons during war, Not a comvbat vet.

All vets during a war carried weapons, not just combat vets

and great video of him!

It's a political ad to vote for a common sense gun guy

ty

Forum List

Back