I don't agree with all the points in this op/ed piece

Hey there.

I think a nation that cannot control its own borders is doomed, although I don't think a wall actually does much. But Trump and Bannon's views on immigrants (or perhaps they are just meat thrown to the masses of supporters without regard for the truth). Immigrants seeking more freedom and opportunity to make money assimilate and do not take more welfare than others. The real issue is children of illegal immigrants get schips Medicaid and school lunches. We need to make it harder for illegal immigrants to get jobs and housing.

But the OP essentially paints the Right and uber-leftists. The reality is more of the middle. Whomever the middle sees as better serving their interests will win elections.

Hey there.

I think a nation that cannot control its own borders is doomed, although I don't think a wall actually does much. But Trump and Bannon's views on immigrants (or perhaps they are just meat thrown to the masses of supporters without regard for the truth). Immigrants seeking more freedom and opportunity to make money assimilate and do not take more welfare than others. The real issue is children of illegal immigrants get schips Medicaid and school lunches. We need to make it harder for illegal immigrants to get jobs and housing.

But the OP essentially paints the Right and uber-leftists. The reality is more of the middle. Whomever the middle sees as better serving their interests will win elections.

Hi Ben

I guess that was point I was trying to make in a round about way. As for the wall drug cartels will dig under it, but a good tightening of the borders are more than in order.

Forum List

Back