🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I feel like a very young Senior Citizen.

A lot of people don't tell their disabilities, Relative Ethics. My late husband was stricken with polio when he was 9 years old, and it caused his right arm to shrivel. When we were dating, I never noticed it until he mentioned it. By that time, It became clear to me that the sincerity, the kindness, and the power of his amazing character were so strong, It flat out didn't matter to me because it's what is in a person's heart that makes him or her who they are. He mentioned having perfect attendance in church (we belong to the same denomination), and while I noticed he did very little reading, he acted like a person who had a kind of behavioral photographic memory that caused him to do the right thing from small things to great ones. He seldom criticized, he never took anything away from someone else, he researched businesses by himself when he invested on the market, refused pay raises twice so the union guys could get a raise in his department, and he was one hundred percent reliable in thought, word, and deed. His interpretation of a book he never read after his church school years was perfectly shown in his kindly behaviors, his honesty, and every good personal trait you could think of and then some. It wasn't fair, but his dementia began in his mid 60s, and there was no way to tell it from common errors. Forgot to turn left to get to a favorite restaurant or store, at first, one every couple of months for a few years, then slightly more frequently for 5 years, with the downhill snowball growing larger started a year or so before he passed away.

Anyway, my point is never once did his right arm ever bother me because the handsome part of him was his kindness, an amazing sense of humor that he made certain would get a laugh out of me at least once or twice a day until the snowballing of his loss of mind started. Most of our 44 years together was me admiring his integrity and kindness to me and everyone else he knew. He practiced goodness and excellence as disciplined as an Olympic gold medalist earned that gold medal performance. He made other people's lives fun,
and my life well worth living out to be over a hundred when it's my turn to die.

I don't know what your feeling is that you somehow are not normal, but every effort you make to being "normal" will likely work. Just sayin' :thup:
Thank you for sharing!

I am not suffering. I am not looking for pity. I just like being different.

I'm in my late 50's.

I'm told I look like I'm in my 40's.
I physically feel like I'm 95.
Emotionally and spiritually I feel like I'm 20.
And most of the time I'm told I act like I'm 15.

So........take your pic.

Ain't that the way of it though......in your mind you feel like you're still young......then you pass a mirror and scream "OMG WHO IS THAT???'

A lot of people don't tell their disabilities, Relative Ethics. My late husband was stricken with polio when he was 9 years old, and it caused his right arm to shrivel. When we were dating, I never noticed it until he mentioned it. By that time, It became clear to me that the sincerity, the kindness, and the power of his amazing character were so strong, It flat out didn't matter to me because it's what is in a person's heart that makes him or her who they are. He mentioned having perfect attendance in church (we belong to the same denomination), and while I noticed he did very little reading, he acted like a person who had a kind of behavioral photographic memory that caused him to do the right thing from small things to great ones. He seldom criticized, he never took anything away from someone else, he researched businesses by himself when he invested on the market, refused pay raises twice so the union guys could get a raise in his department, and he was one hundred percent reliable in thought, word, and deed. His interpretation of a book he never read after his church school years was perfectly shown in his kindly behaviors, his honesty, and every good personal trait you could think of and then some. It wasn't fair, but his dementia began in his mid 60s, and there was no way to tell it from common errors. Forgot to turn left to get to a favorite restaurant or store, at first, one every couple of months for a few years, then slightly more frequently for 5 years, with the downhill snowball growing larger started a year or so before he passed away.

Anyway, my point is never once did his right arm ever bother me because the handsome part of him was his kindness, an amazing sense of humor that he made certain would get a laugh out of me at least once or twice a day until the snowballing of his loss of mind started. Most of our 44 years together was me admiring his integrity and kindness to me and everyone else he knew. He practiced goodness and excellence as disciplined as an Olympic gold medalist earned that gold medal performance. He made other people's lives fun,
and my life well worth living out to be over a hundred when it's my turn to die.

I don't know what your feeling is that you somehow are not normal, but every effort you make to being "normal" will likely work. Just sayin' :thup:
He sounds like a wonderful man, and you were lucky to share your life with him. I'm sure that you also share many of his traits, and gave him purpose to be such a fine man, even if you do occasionally sound like you have a stick up your butt around here.

When did you first start feeling old? For me, it was when I was flirting with a young waitress. I was using my best stuff. She told me I reminded her of her daddy, and offered me the senior citizens discount. That's when it finally hit that I was too old for that kind of shit.
Did you take the discount?

Mental Disability has strict definitions. About 20% of American adults have such disability.
Have you tried brain function supplements, RE? Some of them reconnect neurons. It takes a lot of reading to choose which one works the best, and if it doesn't, move on. Just don't get sucked into "we'll send you what you need every month" shit, because if you have allergies, that's money down a sinkhole. Just sayin/ ~goin' back to conservative lala land before I piss off some greedy pirahna who sells brain supplements~ <giggle>

Did you take the discount?
It was clear that I wasn't getting a date, and my self respect had just had a severe tweeking, so she gave me the discount, and I didn't turn it down. It was a few months later before I could force myself to ask for one though. Today, I ask for that right off the bat.

Maybe you shouldn't have dropped your drawers in the middle of the diner.
Just tonight this chick is sucking my dick. And she’s like, “Don’t come in my mouth.” I go, “Honey, I don’t want to fuck up your hair. We’re in a nice restaurant.”

– Andrew Dice Clay

Have you tried brain function supplements, RE? Some of them reconnect neurons. It takes a lot of reading to choose which one works the best, and if it doesn't, move on. Just don't get sucked into "we'll send you what you need every month" shit, because if you have allergies, that's money down a sinkhole. Just sayin/ ~goin' back to conservative lala land before I piss off some greedy pirahna who sells brain supplements~ <giggle>
I have been in therapy since 1992. I take 75 mg Effexor per day.

Forum List

Back