I gave a homeless woman a 50 dollar gift card today.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I've seen her before, maybe 50 years old but looks a lot older. Her skin is like baked leather, and she's thin as a rail. I usually give homeless people maybe 5 bucks or buy em a sandwich sometimes. But I've had this card for months and I keep forgetting about it. And she's standing out there again in the 100 degree heat on the street corner so I thought "Why not"? That card doesn't mean anything to me but it sure meant a lot to her. If you have a gift card laying around, maybe think about giving it to somebody who really needs it. They need help now more than ever.

Last edited:
I've seen her before, maybe 50 years old but looks a lot older. Her skin is like baked leather, and she's thin as a rail. I usually give homeless people maybe 5 bucks or buy em a sandwich sometimes. But I've had this card for months and I keep forgetting about it. And she's standing out there again in the 100 degree heat on the street corner so I thought "Why not"? That card doesn't mean anything to me but it sure meant a lot to her. If you have a gift card laying around, maybe think about giving it to somebody who really needs it. They need help now more than ever.
Sure you did. Now go pat yourself on the back.

Give what you can when you can.

G-d is always watching and he keeps score.

^^^ Considering the way that prices are these days, how much crack can a person get for $25.00? My guess is not much. I do know that two packs of cigarettes are like $26.00 here in east TN because I saw them get purchased a few weeks ago at my local Weigel's gas station.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

What did the lady say to you when you gave her that card and what kind of card was it if you don't mind my asking?

God bless you and the lady always!!!

Holly

Give what you can when you can.

G-d is always watching and he keeps score.

What did the lady say to you when you gave her that card and what kind of card was it if you don't mind my asking?

God bless you and the lady always!!!

Holly
It's a card that can be used for meals at several different restaurants. At first she didn't know what I was giving her so she just said thanks God Bless You. When I told her how much was on it she didn't say anything she just stared at me like "Are you messing with me?".

It's a card that can be used for meals at several different restaurants. At first she didn't know what I was giving her so she just said thanks God Bless You. When I told her how much was on it she didn't say anything she just stared at me like "Are you messing with me?".
Yeah, but did you include the tip? Well, didja???

-

:biggrin:

^^^ Considering the way that prices are these days, how much crack can a person get for $25.00? My guess is not much. I do know that two packs of cigarettes are like $26.00 here in east TN because I saw them get purchased a few weeks ago at my local Weigel's gas station.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You would have to ask the Left Wing posters on this board because judging by most of their posts, they use the stuff.

As for the homeless, I've gifted a sandwich and coffee in the past, never money. Also, some folk do begging for a living, go round the corner, climb into their big ass new car and drive home. Why work if people give you free money!

I gave a panhandling veteran $20 last week. I had little doubt he was a vet given all the ink all over him. I figured if nothing else he deserved a drink at the very least.

Imagine that? The billionaires controlling the US government won’t likely approve of this.

I’d like to think she used the card to buy food at the restaurant

But crackheads being crackheads, she probably sold it to someone for 10 or 15 bucks

Forum List

Back