🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Not gonna lie, I'll be glad when this corporate greed season is over.

Went up to Quick Trip to get pizzas for everyone and heard the employees discussing their pay. Apparently holidays are voluntary and pay is doubled. That's nice and a surprise
Do you ever tip the bagger at the grocery stores?

I started that tradition again and now my adopted brother is doing it.

It is nice to see some things changing for the better and I could have drove today, but I said to myself that these lazy people ordering food can have another driver because today is Christmas damn it!

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas ya pervert and before you erupt lecturing me just know I did it because I knew it would set you off but truly Merry Christmas to you and all those you love!

• Banned
Do you ever tip the bagger at the grocery stores?

I started that tradition again and now my adopted brother is doing it.

It is nice to see some things changing for the better and I could have drove today, but I said to myself that these lazy people ordering food can have another driver because today is Christmas damn it!

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas ya pervert and before you erupt lecturing me just know I did it because I knew it would set you off but truly Merry Christmas to you and all those you love!
Our store is self check out.
I do buy Harvesters tickets (food money for the poor) every trip though.

I still shop at HEB here but sooner or later we will be doing the scanning and bagging…

Right now they have the self-checkout and they are heading toward the Walmart style, which in my opinion is better for the consumer but until then the bagger get two dollars from me.

Imagine if the bagger bagger 100 customer’s groceries in one day and everyone gave that bagger just one dollar how much more those people would enjoy their damn job…

1640454227343.png

1640454279957.png

Not gonna lie, I'll be glad when this corporate greed season is over.

Went up to Quick Trip to get pizzas for everyone and heard the employees discussing their pay. Apparently holidays are voluntary and pay is doubled. That's nice and a surprise

For the years I worked in retail................it's always been that way.

And I ALWAYS volunteered for working holidays, for that double pay........TRIPLE on Sundays!!

200.gif

I still shop at HEB here but sooner or later we will be doing the scanning and bagging…

Right now they have the self-checkout and they are heading toward the Walmart style, which in my opinion is better for the consumer but until then the bagger get two dollars from me.

Imagine if the bagger bagger 100 customer’s groceries in one day and everyone gave that bagger just one dollar how much more those people would enjoy their damn job…

Grocery stores don't allow tips anymore.
But if you offer it to the bagger, they will usually take it.

Although, nowadays..........the "under 30's" will look at you funny and think it's a sex thing, because they don't comprehend what a tip is. They think you're trying to give them another kind of "tip".

Grocery stores don't allow tips anymore.
But if you offer it to the bagger, they will usually take it.

Although, nowadays..........the "under 30's" will look at you funny and think it's a sex thing, because they don't comprehend what a tip is. They think you're trying to give them another kind of "tip".
Yeah, the ones in Houston know that two dollars ain’t for some sexual favor and if they sell it that low who the hell want it!

BUT

Let not get nasty in the OP thread and let keep this civil, please or I will go into the Rubber Room and create a damn thread about my theory of Christ Birth, Christmas and so on and make everyone scream for holy water for their eyes!

Everything is still cooking here. Beef Stew. Steaks......Squash....potatoe salad. Baked beans. cookies, pies and such.

Didn't do the Turkey and Ham this time.

One good result of the virus is grocery stores will bag your stuff and bring it to you in the parking lot. All you gotta do is order it online, and call them when you get there. No more 3 mile hikes just to pick up a few things in a big store.

It's against store policy so they won't accept it. I do buy a bunch of $5 Starbucks gift cards, which come with those cute little envelopes, and give them out randomly to people who go a little extra.
Here in Texas the HEB baggers can accept it, so no big issue here…

I know Kroger doesn’t allow it, so I do not shop there much and when I do I just use the self checkout area…

Daily I keep two one dollar bills on me and at certain points I will find a panhandler and give it to them because I have lived on the streets when I was in my late teens…

Charity should be done all year round but so many of us get busy and forget that a simple hello or just holding a door can change a person day…

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays even if we disagree and pull each other chain…

Forum List

Back