I just might git rid of the last Windows computer in the house.

Download and install the following.
CCleaner - The world's most popular PC cleaner & optimization tool - Piriform
Run it at least three times a week. It has many features that will keep you're computer running nicely. It's great for checking to see what's loaded and running on your computer. It also has a great "uninstall" feature to remove unwanted programs. You can see what loads and runs at startup.
It just might be a solution for you. If you would like help finding out what's wrong with your computer, download and install "Download TeamViewer | TeamViewer" and I'll be able to check your computer for you.

That's not going to do a thing when the OS itself is the culprit.
Also keep in mind I use NoScript/ABP and Brave as a browser. I run Hijackthis occasionally also.
The Operating System works great for multi-millions of users. There's not a thing wrong with Microsoft Internet Explorer. Your problems are not Windows, Internet Explorer, nor a Microsoft related. Your problem seems to be some third party issue, which is easy to fix. I've been using Microsoft Windows Explorer for 22 years now, and haven't had issues, except for Windows Vista, which was a complete failure.

It sure sounds like you have something running in the background that's slowing your computer down. If you want help, just let me know. It's a free service that I provide to a lot of people. I've been doing it since 1995.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

He's an IT tech ya moron.........
Hey, ask me if I give a shit.

Moron
The thing is Spunny is you're out of your depth in this sub-forum. :lol:
You're entitled to your opinion.

Also keep in mind I use NoScript/ABP and Brave as a browser. I run Hijackthis occasionally also.
The Operating System works great for multi-millions of users. There's not a thing wrong with Microsoft Internet Explorer. Your problems are not Windows, Internet Explorer, nor a Microsoft related. Your problem seems to be some third party issue, which is easy to fix. I've been using Microsoft Windows Explorer for 22 years now, and haven't had issues, except for Windows Vista, which was a complete failure.

It sure sounds like you have something running in the background that's slowing your computer down. If you want help, just let me know. It's a free service that I provide to a lot of people. I've been doing it since 1995.
Yeah, that something running in the background is called a forced Microsoft update and if you're running Win 10 and still using IE (not Edge) then you better have some serious protection on board.
Yes, Possible.
He even stated he checked Processes and that's what was happening. You know how to check Processes......... right?
I sure do.
Now that's amazing.

Yeah, that something running in the background is called a forced Microsoft update and if you're running Win 10 and still using IE (not Edge) then you better have some serious protection on board.
Yes, Possible.
He even stated he checked Processes and that's what was happening. You know how to check Processes......... right?
I sure do.
Now that's amazing.
Thank you.

Moron
He's an IT tech, I build computers and configure OS set ups, opinion has nothing to do with it, knowledge does.

Last edited:
Yes, Possible.
I sure do.
Now that's amazing.
Thank you.
It wasn't a compliment. :thup:

Moron
He's an IT tech, I build and configure OS set ups, opinion has nothing to do with it, knowledge does.
OK

So here I am sitting here doing some work, emailing a client...I have open office spreadsheet open doing an estimate for someone...and why the heck is this laptop so goddang slow right now?
As i am sitting here WORKING...and it becomes almost unusable. i launch the Task Manager...100% disk usage and 96% memory and whut?...90% network??
What the hell is going on...what program is using this much data...none that I can see...how is this possible,,,none of the processes are sending/receiving....but wait....for a few seconds I see "Windows update"... FML.
Son of a bitch. Stick this system up M$'s ass.
Microsoft: "We are here!, Get out of the way!...Microsoft coming through!...anything else you are doing is irrelevant and subservient to our access!!".

F*ck Microsoft.
Take it back to Win 7 where you have full control back.

So here I am sitting here doing some work, emailing a client...I have open office spreadsheet open doing an estimate for someone...and why the heck is this laptop so goddang slow right now?
As i am sitting here WORKING...and it becomes almost unusable. i launch the Task Manager...100% disk usage and 96% memory and whut?...90% network??
What the hell is going on...what program is using this much data...none that I can see...how is this possible,,,none of the processes are sending/receiving....but wait....for a few seconds I see "Windows update"... FML.
Microsoft: "I am here now, so get out of the way...Microsoft coming through...anything else you are doing is irrelevant to what we need to do".

F*ck Microsoft.
Run it at least three times a week. It has many features that will keep you're computer running nicely. It's great for checking to see what's loaded and running on your computer. It also has a great "uninstall" feature to remove unwanted programs. You can see what loads and runs at startup.
It just might be a solution for you. If you would like help finding out what's wrong with your computer, download and install "Download TeamViewer | TeamViewer" and I'll be able to check your computer for you.

What part of "Windows Update" as the process that was eating the computer that you don't understand?
I

Microsoft: "I am here now, so get out of the way...Microsoft coming through...anything else you are doing is irrelevant to what we need to do".

F*ck Microsoft.

What part of "Windows Update" as the process that was eating the computer that you don't understand?
I
No part.

Never felt the need to upgrade from my last computer ...

trs80-iii.jpg
/——/ My Tandy 286 was a workhorse.

Microsoft: "We are here!, Get out of the way!...Microsoft coming through!...anything else you are doing is irrelevant and subservient to our access!!".

F*ck Microsoft.

I wish I could, but I bought the laptop with Win10 on it...unless there is a way to back out to Win 7?
But alas...I think this is finally it. Just done with Windows.

F*ck Microsoft.

I wish I could, but I bought the laptop with Win10 on it...unless there is a way to back out to Win 7?
You can buy a valid OS download online for under $30 that Microsoft will accept and authenticate, just install it (be careful which one you go to). This laptop came with Win 8.1 and the day it showed up at the house I had a Win 7 disc waiting for it. There was one thing that never worked quite right but I don't remember what it was so obviously it wasn't important.

F*ck Microsoft.
The Taskmanager shows how many resources an open application takes. And what about your notebook? What have you done?

Last edited:

F*ck Microsoft.
Apple is just as bad.

I long for my 386 with Windows 3.1. You could at least open an email without the screen popping around and get the blue circle of death for 2 minutes while it thinks about opening an email that is 7 words.

F*ck Microsoft.

Just install a Linux OS. Way better than windows.

F*ck Microsoft.
Apple is just as bad.
How so?

I've owned several Macs since 1990, or so, including a G4 Powerbook that still works well, and I've never experinced the peoblems you guys are describing. My present Mac is also pretty much flawless in its performance.

F*ck Microsoft.

Just install a Linux OS. Way better than windows.
Like me he uses Linux already on other computers and has for quite a long time. Besides, Linux isn't the end all, be all, it has it's weak points and strong points just like Windows and OS X.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back