I just realized, USMB Republicans have no idea what the State Department is or does.

I just realized, USMB Republicans have no idea what the State Department is or does.

RW's are idiots, you should have known that.

Rdean, here is one bureau within the US Department of State: U.S. Counterterrorism Team

The Bureau of Counterterrorism: Who We Are

No top secrets to be found there, eh, dipshit?

Gosh, if you had only spent five seconds actually, you know, LOOKING at the US State Department, you wouldn't have just embarrassed the shit out of yourself.
March2014orgchart_800_1.jpg

I don't know what it is you think you read. From your link:

The Bureau of Counterterrorism and Countering Violent Extremism leads the Department of State in the whole-of-government effort to counter terrorism abroad and to secure the United States against foreign terrorist threats.

Do you see? "Leads the State Department".

“There is within the office of the Secretary of State a Coordinator for Counterterrorism...who shall be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.... The principal duty of the coordinator shall be the overall supervision (including policy oversight of resources) of international counterterrorism activities. The Coordinator shall be the principal adviser to the Secretary of State on international counterterrorism matters. The coordinator shall be the principal counterterrorism official within the senior management of the Department of State and shall report directly to the Secretary of State...The Coordinator shall have the rank and status of Ambassador at Large.”

The Secretary of State is only given what the President feels they need to know. The Coordinator is the principal adviser to the Sec. of State but comes from the president.

And look at your link:

U.S. Counterterrorism Team

The Department of Defense
The CIA
and so on, these are separate Departments. You think because they are all part of the government, they all have the same information?
Ever hear of the phrase "need to know"?

Notice Homeland Security
and
National Security are listed OUTSIDE the Department of State but still under The White House? Think about why that is.

I can never understand these Right wingers with their "ah ha" moments where they think they "won" when clearly, they don't even know what they are looking at.

There are all kinds of things that are classified. The government will classify something because it's embarrassing. That's the only reason. Because it's embarrassing.

Forum List

Back