I need a Democrat to explain their logic on why Trump needed their approval for the airstrike.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
We are LITERALLY STILL AT WAR IN IRAQ. Have been for decades. So since we are currently engaged in military activities why would Trump need congressional approval for an airstrike in that nation?

Keep in mind NONE OF YOU raised this same complaint when Obama took us to war in Libya.

So, what is the logic in letting congress micromanage ongoing military activities in a nation we have been at war in for decades? And where is the requirement that ANY president notify congress of troop transfers within said country?

We are LITERALLY STILL AT WAR IN IRAQ. Have been for decades. So since we are currently engaged in military activities why would Trump need congressional approval for an airstrike in that nation?

Keep in mind NONE OF YOU raised this same complaint when Obama took us to war in Libya.

So, what is the logic in letting congress micromanage ongoing military activities in a nation we have been at war in for decades? And where is the requirement that ANY president notify congress of troop transfers within said country?

I can only answer that it presupposes the option of the Democrats denying Trump the right to retaliate against Iran for murder, terror and violence against Americans. If they would have agreed and consented, then, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

In all of this, I've heard a hundred leftards here rail against Trump, yet NOT ONE of them say one bad word against Iran. Hmm.

Not a Democrat, but here:

President Trump has the authority, Pelosi even voted for it...

"That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons."

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll342.xml

When did Congress declare war against Iran?

I refer you to post #3

And the strike did not take place in Iran, in case you didn't notice.

When did we declare war against Libya?

Is there not one Democrat that can explain their logic or should I just assume this is nothing more than a TDS flare up?

When did Trump bomb Iran?

Not take another shot at answering the question if you can.
I understand it may be difficult as the talking points memos have yet to be distributed.

Democrats Think Only Democrats
Have The Moral Authority To Rule The United States

That's Why No Matter How Many Elections They Lose
They Continue To Carry On As If They Are In Charge

And President Trump
Is The Bane Of Their Reality And Dreams
Day And Night

Last edited:
Iran is a major ally of the democrats. Iran was the closest nation to Barack Obama, he gave them funds and encouraged their nuclear ambitions. By killing a top leader of Iran, Trump has killed a leading figure of the democrats.

Last edited:

Did you fail Geography?

You almost gotta laugh that democrats and assorted lefties had no problem when Obama ordered the elimination of a U.S. citizen who was deemed a terrorist and a drone blew up his car and killed his son and a friend but they are annoyed that Trump ordered the drone attack on a Iranian general.

We have been killing Iranian forces in Iraq for decades.
Now suddenly that means what?

I just switched my party preference from Independent to Democrat just in case I wish to vote in their presidential primary (early voting begins next month and election day is March 17th here). Just saw Pelosi's comments and agree with your point. What does concern me however is just what consultation was done with Iraq?

You almost gotta laugh that democrats and assorted lefties had no problem when Obama ordered the elimination of a U.S. citizen who was deemed a terrorist and a drone blew up his car and killed his son and a friend but they are annoyed that Trump ordered the drone attack on a Iranian general.
Based on Bodes logic when Obama bombed that American in Iraq he was actually declaring war on America.

Some pretzel bullshit they use to justify their hate.

Why switch?

955618306.jpg.0.jpg

Forum List

Back