I need a Democrat to explain their logic on why Trump needed their approval for the airstrike.

I just switched my party preference from Independent to Democrat just in case I wish to vote in their presidential primary (early voting begins next month and election day is March 17th here). Just saw Pelosi's comments and agree with your point. What does concern me however is just what consultation was done with Iraq?

Why should we consult with them when their own forces didn't even stop the attack on the US embassy?
too be fair to the Iraq folks, they stayed away and allowed our own troops to stop the rush. They would have lost folks.

We are LITERALLY STILL AT WAR IN IRAQ. Have been for decades. So since we are currently engaged in military activities why would Trump need congressional approval for an airstrike in that nation?

Keep in mind NONE OF YOU raised this same complaint when Obama took us to war in Libya.

So, what is the logic in letting congress micromanage ongoing military activities in a nation we have been at war in for decades? And where is the requirement that ANY president notify congress of troop transfers within said country?
Your thread has false premise. No Democrat is saying Trump needed Congress' permission only that they be informed of the military action, just like every president before informed and consulted Congress.
So Trump is supposed to inform congress of every bombing in an ongoing war zone?

Are you high?
Killing a major military figure that will further destabilize the middle east is not "every bombing",. is it? Think before you hit send.
destabilize how? what's gonna happen from your crystal ball?

We are LITERALLY STILL AT WAR IN IRAQ. Have been for decades. So since we are currently engaged in military activities why would Trump need congressional approval for an airstrike in that nation?

Keep in mind NONE OF YOU raised this same complaint when Obama took us to war in Libya.

So, what is the logic in letting congress micromanage ongoing military activities in a nation we have been at war in for decades? And where is the requirement that ANY president notify congress of troop transfers within said country?
Your thread has false premise. No Democrat is saying Trump needed Congress' permission only that they be informed of the military action, just like every president before informed and consulted Congress.
So Trump is supposed to inform congress of every bombing in an ongoing war zone?

Are you high?
Killing a major military figure that will further destabilize the middle east is not "every bombing", is it? Think before you hit send.
In a war zone, yes, it is the same thing.

Congress doesn't need to know military strategy. Too many hands in the pot is how shit gets fucked up.

I just switched my party preference from Independent to Democrat just in case I wish to vote in their presidential primary (early voting begins next month and election day is March 17th here). Just saw Pelosi's comments and agree with your point. What does concern me however is just what consultation was done with Iraq?

Why should we consult with them when their own forces didn't even stop the attack on the US embassy?
too be fair to the Iraq folks, they stayed away and allowed our own troops to stop the rush. They would have lost folks.

True, they're a pretty weak force.

Are you high?
Killing a major military figure that will further destabilize the middle east is not "every bombing", is it? Think before you hit send.
In a war zone, yes, it is the same thing.

Congress doesn't need to know military strategy. Too many hands in the pot is how shit gets fucked up.
and it's what trump ran on. leaving them out of his decisions.

I need a Democrat to explain their logic on why Trump needed their approval for the airstrike.

sounds more like your stupid ass needs a high school civics class -

That's not even an answer. Now please explain why Trump would need approval for the airstrike. I already explained why he did not need the approval of Congress for the airstrike...

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists - Wikipedia

sure it is - and like the op youre a dumbass.

it's why we're back there. too fking sad.

That's not even an answer. Now please explain why Trump would need approval for the airstrike. I already explained why he did not need the approval of Congress for the airstrike...

no, it isn't. but you won't accept that answer. you're in a limbo land of fantasy.

That's not an answer, it's a flame.
If you don't know you don't belong in the conversation

He didn't. The use of drones to take people out has been going on for years, for better or worse, and to this point nobody has pitched much of a fit about it.

Obama conducted a manned assault inside Pakistan without their knowledge or consent and didn't consult with Congress beforehand either, FFS, and I do not recall these same assholes bitching then.

This is a clear win for Trump and they don't like it. It is that simple, so they have to find something to criticize to try to blunt that win for him.

And fuck them. His call. His W.

If there are consequences those will be his also, but for now he made the call, got it done and these whiny fucks can just STFU and go chase some other nonsense.

Are you high?
Killing a major military figure that will further destabilize the middle east is not "every bombing",. is it? Think before you hit send.
A "destabilized middle east" sounds like a redundancy, I'll give you that much. Trump is sending another 3,000 troops to the middle east. I foresee even more troops to the middle east in the future.

So as usual, you have no valid argument, no facts, no figures, and no point. All you can do in your ignorance is attack someone?

I figured that was all you could do, ya impotent little weasel. :21:

Are you high?
Killing a major military figure that will further destabilize the middle east is not "every bombing", is it?

how does the death of Soleimani "further destabilize the middle east"----he
was a force for peace?

The tRUMPsters don't use logic much and they refuse to really comprehend what someone says while speaking, especially if the individual uses polysyllabic words.
Their intellect doesn't allow that kind of confusing discussion.

Who has said he needs approval to bomb?

If he goes to war with Iran, he will need it
Doubt if he can get it

Perhaps the issue is that the idiocy you and other Communists post is incomprehensible?

Let's make it simple, explain why you and your fellow traitors support terrorism against the United States? :dunno:

That's not an answer, it's a flame.
If you don't know you don't belong in the conversation

the assassination of Soleimani will expand the war to endanger the lives of every American soldier or diplomat in the Middle East ..

shove your conversation up your butt -

I do think that the leaders in Congress and the heads of the intelligence committees should have been notified and briefed on the reasons why this is being done. He should be briefing Congress and the American people why this was done. This is a major escalation and I would not be surprised to learn this was part of his
re-election strategy.

it's why we're back there. too fking sad.

It is sad. But what do we do? Pull out now and Iran rushes in to fill the vacuum, like they've been wanting to do for a long time.

Now we have to wreck Iran too, in this little game of whack the weasel.

Are you high?
A "destabilized middle east" sounds like a redundancy, I'll give you that much. Trump is sending another 3,000 troops to the middle east. I foresee even more troops to the middle east in the future.
it's what the majority of congress fks wanted, you don't recall the syria pullout? dude, when you can't make up your mind, you make hamburger.

Forum List

Back