I need a Democrat to explain their logic on why Trump needed their approval for the airstrike.

We are LITERALLY STILL AT WAR IN IRAQ. Have been for decades. So since we are currently engaged in military activities why would Trump need congressional approval for an airstrike in that nation?

Keep in mind NONE OF YOU raised this same complaint when Obama took us to war in Libya.

So, what is the logic in letting congress micromanage ongoing military activities in a nation we have been at war in for decades? And where is the requirement that ANY president notify congress of troop transfers within said country?
p o l i t i c s

We are LITERALLY STILL AT WAR IN IRAQ. Have been for decades. So since we are currently engaged in military activities why would Trump need congressional approval for an airstrike in that nation?

Keep in mind NONE OF YOU raised this same complaint when Obama took us to war in Libya.

So, what is the logic in letting congress micromanage ongoing military activities in a nation we have been at war in for decades? And where is the requirement that ANY president notify congress of troop transfers within said country?

You just used logic and Democrat in the same sentence
Not good.

I'm not a registered Democrat, but why they would want approval is because of the possible consequences from attacking such a high profile target.

Drone strikes are carried out all the time, but the targets are not as "important". Not that I don't consider the occasionally mistaken civilian targets to be important in terms of human life.

Imagine if some foreign power assassinated a US general in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I'm not a registered Democrat, but why they would want approval is because of the possible consequences from attacking such a high profile target.

Drone strikes are carried out all the time, but the targets are not as "important". Not that I don't consider the occasionally mistaken civilian targets to be important in terms of human life.

we are the united states. the leader of the world. that would require quite a lot of retaliation. just like this one and no general died.

Goldilocks would salute the sob .

You almost gotta laugh that democrats and assorted lefties had no problem when Obama ordered the elimination of a U.S. citizen who was deemed a terrorist and a drone blew up his car and killed his son and a friend but they are annoyed that Trump ordered the drone attack on a Iranian general.

They like Iranians better than normal Americans.

If you asked Trump yesterday if we are at war in Iraq he would have told you no.
Can't answer the question?

D'oh!

There is no logic. A strategically valuable target of opportunity walking around at the scene of the most recent skirmish? Who could resist. Wait to discuss/inform and the target moves. Smartest response to anything anywhere foreign or domestic, Trump has accomplished since he was elected. I don't even like the guy, but I like this. Smart, quick, devastatingly effective. I still have a schooled warrior mentality (probably a failing). It was almost poetic. The response was agile, mobile, tactile and extremely hostile. What's not to love?

Your thread has false premise. No Democrat is saying Trump needed Congress' permission only that they be informed of the military action, just like every president before informed and consulted Congress.
So Trump is supposed to inform congress of every bombing in an ongoing war zone?

Are you high?
Trump doesn't need to tell them anything. He said he was going to get ICE to round up illegals and democrats hid them. They are the enemy of true America.

There is no logic. A strategically valuable target of opportunity walking around at the scene of the most recent skirmish? Who could resist. Wait to discuss/inform and the target moves. Smartest response to anything anywhere foreign or domestic, Trump has accomplished since he was elected. I don't even like the guy, but I like this. Smart, quick, devastatingly effective. I still have a schooled warrior mentality (probably a failing). It was almost poetic. The response was agile, mobile, tactile and extremely hostile. What's not to love?

love high oil prices ?

check with the commercial airlines and feel the love -

love high oil prices ?

Isn't that what got Carter reelected? I mean besides the Iran fiasco.

Funny. For such a bad guy who we all wanted killed, this guy’s name was never mentioned by Trump.

Weird.

love high oil prices ?

Not rich, but certainly have no fear of the gas pump in this lifetime. My flight for ski trip paid well ahead of time. I'm good. Keep working. You'll get there. Not every reaction to world events should be decided on your wallet or bank accounts. This one was just intrinsically correct. I have no complaint.

Forum List

Back