fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Here is the reason why

My family lives nowhere near me
I am single and have no female friends
Im not expecting anyone
None of my male friends know where I live

So you can see how I would panic if I am hearing a knock on my door. My first thought is its some type of emergency because who else could it be? Well I heard a knock on my door earlier this evening and screamed "WHO IS IT????? It was the mail lady letting me know my laptop arrived and she didnt want to leave it in the apt lobby with all the other packages. She told me she would going to keep it in her truck until she saw me not know on my door when I am relaxing at 645 in the evening lol So do u see how its easy for me to panic when I hear a knock?

Here is the reason why

Im not expecting anyone

So you can see how I would panic if I am hearing a knock on my door. My first thought is its some type of emergency because who else could it be? Well I heard a knock on my door earlier this evening and screamed "WHO IS IT????? It was the mail lady letting me know my laptop arrived and she didnt want to leave it in the apt lobby with all the other packages. She told me she would going to keep it in her truck until she saw me not know on my door when I am relaxing at 645 in the evening lol So do u see how its easy for me to panic when I hear a knock?
Get a .38 and stick it in your pocket when you answer the door. If shit happens...Bang! Don't shoot any Jehovahs Witnesses, though.

Here is the reason why

Im not expecting anyone

What happens to you when you have a panic attack?

Get you a Ring doorbell with a camera. They're pretty advanced now, you can talk to whoever is on your porch. And they can hear you rack one in the chamber.

The brand I use is Eufy.... it's all wireless, with rechargeable batteries.
I live in a apt building

Here is the reason why

Im not expecting anyone

you don't keep a shotgun by the door?

Just as well, you seem a bit "off-kilter". Perhaps an appointment with a mental health professional is what will do the trick for you.

Oh.....Don't let them talk you into a sex-change operation though. ;)
well one night i had a knock at 3am and it was someone telling me my TV was too loud

Im screaming who is it?

Oh, lol ok.

Is that good or bad though?

In the movies they usually make assertions such as you experienced, "it's just me the mailman". Then when you go to answer the door you find out otherwise.

I grew up in the Hood so I am by nature suspicious of people I don't know or expect. I've seen too much violence and been on the receiving end of it too often. Better to be cautious. For me its a matter of risk/reward. What is the benefit of answering a door to a stranger I am not expecting relative to the risk?

Forum List

Back